Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
those JIC "packages" are gimmick to me, nothing more.
Good for you. More for the rest of us.

People who claim pg shotguns are useless are poser gits.

Have a nice day.

rich

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
thanks rich - you have fun breaching doors with a painful wrist while Im driving slugs from a distance , comfortably, with my shoulder stock

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
Yeah, if trouble comes, you can beat them to death with it. Seriously, it's not a shotgun until it's together and loaded.
So stashing any gun for possible future use is stupid, then? Guess I should toss all my first aid supplies because "it's not a bandaid until it's stuck on an arm"....or I should dump all my spare ammo because "it's not a bullet until it's loaded into a gun".

Boy, we got a bunch of braniacs today! Should have expected it. Nothing brings out the nuts like these threads do.

r

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
thanks rich - you have fun breaching doors with a painful wrist while Im driving slugs from a distance , comfortably, with my shoulder stock
I don't breach doors and I don't get painful wrists. The fact that you think I "have to" tells me exactly what I figured about you, Bush.

rich

·
Registered
734 Posts
If you are shooting slugs from a distance I'm assuming you have a slug gun which sounds like it would be terrible for self defense or home invasion. As soon as you breach the door to whatever house you are invading someone with this pistol grip shotgun is going to blow you in two.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've only got one shotgun, and although I see the benefit in the compact carry of the pistol grip, I'm a long way away from being good enough with a shotgun to shoot accurately from the hip (that's how I understand Pistol Grip Shotguns should be shot).

All that being said. The fact that this is compact and can be stuffed in your ruck goes a long way with me. No one would know you had it, then when you got camp set up, slap it together and it's good to go. Definitely see the appeal of this kit. That's why I have a AR-7 in my pack at all times. Compact solutions are always good for survival situations in my mind.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I guess I'm the odd man out then 'cuz I'd love to have one of those. That would make travel carry of a shotgun a breeze. I know you have to put it together to use it... but I can't take a shotgun the majority of the places I'd like to have one because an assembled shotgun would be too high profile. The ability to have a take down long gun isn't something I'd sneeze at. I'd consider it an asset.

Does anybody know how long that has been available? I've never seen one before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The first thing I think of when I look at it is BOut. Mainly due to its length disassembled.

However I like to think my H&R 20ga Tamer. Serves a better BO shotgun. It's only about two inches longer than the disassembled mossy. I can slide my Tamer in most packs. On a sling over my back it sits about five inchs below the top of my head. May not be a pump but very fast to reload.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I made a carry bag for a few bucks which carries the assembled gun and a bandoleer of shells. I think a shotgun bag is a good concept, but I couldn't see spending much money for one.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Shotguns should have a stock.
Wait a minute... I'm confused (either bad eye sight or bad picture.) Is this a pistol grip shotgun only? I thought it was a takedown shotgun and the stock was in the bag to be attached. If this is pistol grip only... HELL NO would I ever buy it. PG shotguns suck with a capital TK for Total Krap.

·
Liberty or Death
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you guys are overlooking the "JIC" part... it's just-in-case. i.e. just in case your are in your car when the SHTF. Just in case someone starts shooting up your workplace and you are barricaded in your office. Just in case you need an shotgun in an emergency.

I think the important thing to notice is that preparedness is becoming marketable. Someone who is in the market for an emergency-use only shotgun isn't going to worry about slugs or being "comfortable".

The barrel screws on, and it takes one screw for the grip. It would take longer to get the lock off than put this thing together, i'm surprised nobody has flamed the idea of including the lock in the bag (i know they have to supply a lock).

I think it is a great deal for 300 bucks, plus the bag is a 5.11 tactical bag (sweet).

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
For just a few inches more of bag, you could probably keep the barrel installed and have a top folding stock always assembled (and loaded). For a whole lot more concealment, a pistol works pretty good.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts