Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Nice to see and makes sense. I've read several mentions of President Trump's not caring about ones sexual preference.

If he doesn't care then there's no reason for any sort of announcement. If the guy is qualified to do the job then do the job. I don't need to know his "sexual preference." The only reason anyone would announce such a thing is to show the world how "woke" he/she is.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If he doesn't care then there's no reason for any sort of announcement. If the guy is qualified to do the job then do the job. I don't need to know his "sexual preference." The only reason anyone would announce such a thing is to show the world how "woke" he/she is.
If I were him I wouldn't like my sexual preference take center stage in my professional achievements.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
If I were him I wouldn't like my sexual preference take center stage in my professional achievements.

I recently got hired to manage a welding supply store. They hired me based on my experience. Not once did I tell them that "I'm a straight man." I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been interested.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
"As this company's first openly straight employee I'd like to thank you for this opportunity."
Hahaha. I'd probably be immediately fired for not being "woke" enough or for "hate speech." :D:

·
NRA Life 1971
8,445 Posts

My, I wish all homosexuals would follow that tenet.
Unfortunately, identity politics permeates throughout the left where they gain acceptance as long as they follow the doctrine.
Conservative gays are the enemy of course.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Unfortunately, identity politics permeates throughout the left where they gain acceptance as long as they follow the doctrine.
Identity politics is poison and it's on both sides of the aisle. Your post specifically calls out left gays for using their sexuality to get ahead and conservative gays as an oppressed group. If you want to stop identity politics you need to ditch those kinds of generalized ideas.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Identity politics is poison and it's on both sides of the aisle. Your post specifically calls out left gays for using their sexuality to get ahead and conservative gays as an oppressed group. If you want to stop identity politics you need to ditch those kinds of generalized ideas.

Agree! But there is some truth to what roseman said. Blacks, gays, feminists, etc. who hold to the leftist viewpoint are routinely applauded by the mainstream media while blacks, gays, and feminists who embrace a more conservative viewpoint are routinely villainized.

·
NRA Life 1971
8,445 Posts

I'm not a advocate of either; just pointing out the realities on the ground.

·
My Hero Was Derion Albert
2,078 Posts
So by your logic if we ignored segregation, jim crow laws and civil rights problems they would have just disappeared by themselves?
hmmm
seems legit

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Agree! But there is some truth to what roseman said. Blacks, gays, feminists, etc. who hold to the leftist viewpoint are routinely applauded by the mainstream media while blacks, gays, and feminists who embrace a more conservative viewpoint are routinely villainized.
I think you have it backwards. The media routinely applauds gays who share their political stance. CNN mentions nothing about this guy, Fox news does. It's all a game, media company's have no problem exploiting certain groups if it helps push their particular agenda.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/19/politics/trump-grennell-acting-dni/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...l-to-acting-director-of-national-intelligence

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,380 Posts
Leftist media comes out with guns blazing

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mains...-trump-picks-richard-grenell-to-be-acting-dni

So NOW they are concerned about qualifications?

Their actual concern is that he is a Trump loyalist.

It's a temporary position. 3 months.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
I like what Tim Pool says about gays in public life: You've won. People of the homosexual persuasion are in movies, are in jobs, on school boards, in politics; they're everywhere, and no one bats an eye (unless they're unqualified). You've won. Just like Blacks & MLK, no one bats an eye, as long as you can do the job.

Clocker: Now, shut up about it, okay?! Stop shoving your same-sex **** & vaginas in our faces, already. Seems like minimal etiquette.

·
My Hero Was Derion Albert
2,078 Posts
If you want to stop identity politics you need to ditch those kinds of generalized ideas.
Yeah you know, since the democrats are guilty of being a closed minded collective of the NPC cancel culture, too stupid and blind from the brainwashing from the MSM

so I interpret this to translate from libspeak " ignore the bigger issue and it will go away"
Wrong
If you want to resolve the issue then you have to shove a mirror to the hypocrites and force them to acknowledge that they are not the lilly white SJW they project
Savvy?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts