Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever thought about their enneagram number and how that motivates your preps?https://enneagramexplained.com/enneagram-core-motivations/

I find enneagram fascinating, and lately I have been thinking about how it relates to preparedness- the WHY. Because numbers are based on core motivations and core fears,I think it can provide interesting insight.

I am an 8 and my core fear is being controlled, core desire protecting myself and those in my circle.
My husband is a 5, and being competent and capable are his core motivations.

So for both of us, autonomy and independence are at the core of most everything we do...

I think familiarity with our own numbers and the core motivations and fears of those around us- particularly in a SHTF situation- could be incredibly valuable.

What is your enneagram and how does that influence the how/why you prep?

·
I have control issues
6,463 Posts
Never heard of enneagrams, and no clue what they are. I prep because I was always that kid that paid attention to my elders who either grew up during or raised a family during the Great Depression and went through the rationing/shortages of WWII. Mom always kept a "deep pantry", and even when Dad was out to sea and his pay got screwed up so that he got a pay statement saying "no pay due", we NEVER went hungry during the couple of months it would take for the Navy to get things straightened out. I paid attention during the trucker strike and gas shortages of the 70's; and have been through earthquakes in California while growing up, hurricanes in Florida, tornadoes in Texas, and blizzards and ice storms in Germany. New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. I was also in the Army. I learned early on that "stuff happens", and the best way to deal with that and take care of my family is to be prepared.

·
Social Deserter
493 Posts
Psychology and what drives people deep down is definitely important in prepping/group dynamics although many would probably think that isn’t tacticool enough. I would imagine that the members of this board are absolutely skewed to certain characteristics found in numbers like 1s, 4s, 5s, 8s. I think there was a poll on meijer Briggs once with similar skewed results for Is and Js if I remember correctly.

Probably not a lot of 7s in the group.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm a 6. I would not be surprised if there are a lot of us here.

Reactions: ChickenSalad

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Psychology and what drives people deep down is definitely important in prepping/group dynamics although many would probably think that isn’t tacticool enough.
Agree 100%. Knowing what motivates people at their core could be invaluable- both in your small immediate group and in other interactions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts