• Atheist

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • other

Votes: 11 9.1%
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
For me i dont have a "faith" i dont see a reason a book should rule everything i do in life. I do believe we make choice to do evil or good and as humans we will always do that. Im more of a Natural law type person. But i do believe in a "force" the guides all life and creates.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,535 Posts
We are very devout to our faith group; a popular Jesus cult of the 60s and 70s, very much anti-organized religion. The closest category would be Congregationalist 'Deists'. Mostly into individual study of the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic texts.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm fairly agnostic, but I have some quite pronounced Pagan tendencies. I don't considermyself 'Christian' with all of the traditional hellfire/brimstine trappings that many people associate with Christianity, but I have no issues with the validity of Jesus as an enlightened figure at all, and quite admire a lot of the stuff that he did.

·
Bug-In Prepper
2,039 Posts
I know it's still early in the poll, but it looks like there's quite a surprising bit of diversity here. According to the CIA World Factbook, 80% of Americans self-identify as Christian of some flavor or another.

·
Bug-In Prepper
2,039 Posts
Really now? 80%? What does that mean?
Make that "about 80%". Going to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html and tallying "Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian 1.6%" it comes to 78.5%, but 80%'s a lot easier to remember :)

As for "what does that mean", I'm not sure what you're asking. I just had a preconception that if anything this forum would skew more heavily towards Christianity than the national average, and was surprised to see this poll indicate otherwise.

(Pleasantly surprised, btw; I'm one of those odd ducks who actually believes there are advantages to be had in diversity.)

·
Bug-In Prepper
2,039 Posts
Im surprised at the lack of interest here. Considering the proclamations on so many other threads......:rolleyes:
Right now there are exactly as many voters in this poll as there are in the "Do you own a sword?" poll. Possibly some users are simply wary about participating in polls, even if they're otherwise free about posting personal information.

·
Master Rationalizer
1,716 Posts
Pagan. I half-jokingly carry the label of Viking Pagan--long story with heritage involved. But one of the Grandmothers of the Navajo Nation calls me "Shadow Walker" and an elder of the Apache Nation calls me "The Pale Brother". Spent time with both. It is what it is.

·
I like memes
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pagan. I half-jokingly carry the label of Viking Pagan--long story with heritage involved. But one of the Grandmothers of the Navajo Nation calls me "Shadow Walker" and an elder of the Apache Nation calls me "The Pale Brother". Spent time with both. It is what it is.
Hooray for you.
So what is your religious identity?

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,295 Posts
Just wondering where the prepper community is when it come to faith. This isn't a thread to start arguing or insulting others for their beliefs.
Christian.

I'd assume that many Christians prepare based on their belief that we're in for a major tribulation at some point in the future. Since nobody actually knows the specific point in history when this event will take place we all prepare as if it might happen tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.