Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I view preparedness as planning for the unexpected.

I'm still preparing myself for the shtf. However, at this time the "unexpected" would be a full economic recovery.

Thus, I think it might be wise to put modest amounts of money in the market. Even a small amount now would yield impressive gains if certain stocks eventually achieve prior performance.

For example, investing $50 now could easily turn into $2,000 if you pick the right stock. Yes, it takes some research. But, that research has been much easier for me compared to all the research I've needed to do to prepare for shtf.

Yes, it's a small chance that the economy recovers fully. But, given the limited cost of entry into that "world" of stock trading, it seems worth the effort.

I'm no expert, and I can't afford to lose a bunch of money. But, I feel like this could easily be viewed ten years down the road as a huge "buying opportunity."

Again, I feel like being prepared involves insulating oneself and family to the greatest extent possible from all risk. That includes the risk that our ammo sits in the gun case and our #10 cans expire before being used as they were intended.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I agree completely. Most people are not prepared for the possibility that things may end up being OK. I still contribute to retirement funds. It is true that you can't eat money if TSHTF, but you can't retire on 500 bls of rice and beans either. A person needs to find a healthy balance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts