Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to my sponsor contact at SureFire about their 60 & 100 rd mags. Military is the #1 customer for these right now and there is an almost 3 month production backlog for these.(And it is growing)

He said one would be hard pressed to even find them in a store right now and if you are lucky enough to find one, buy it…

It may be until the end of the year before these are “Stocked” items…

Just a heads up from one of my sponsors…
Gunner

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My local gun shop has them. One 60 round mag, $129.00. I can but a 30 round mag for $10. So i had rather put my money in 12 30 round mags rather than this unproven gimmick.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I have a 90 round drum magazine for my AR-15. Besides looking cool, that is a lot of money to tie up in 1 magazine.

I would suggest that someone buy an expensive magazine only after they have plenty of other mags stockpiled.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,960 Posts
I bought my share of 30-rounders but then on a whim bought some 20-round Pmags. What a difference! The look better in the gun, they're less likely to catch on something, they can be used with my Lead Sled shooting rest and swapped out w/o having to take the gun out of the rest.

The 20-rounders are my new favorite magazine.

Reactions: jungatheart

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I shot one this weekend after a 3-Gun match. Nicely made magazine with a smooth follower and spring and solid construction. We ran it through a Class III M4 and it did fine. For the most part, the reaction was "Meh, too expensive", except for the Open shooters who are always looking to go faster regardless of cost.

Supposedly works in any AR, SCAR, Robinson, ACR, FNC and so on.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,431 Posts
How heavy is that sucker loaded?

Might be nice for a a fixed position, but not to hump around. You might tie up a lot of rounds when you need them, if it failed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts