Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some opinions on how to prepare when you have a family member or yourself with Crohns or IBD.

There can be moderate to severe dietary limitations to consider, as well as how to manage toilet needs.

What have others faced / figured out that they are willing to share?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not legal here unfortunately, and I am too much of a worrier to break the law on this.

Please keep any ideas coming. I have had a bad flare up going on for the past 6 days or so. :(

Got a couple people in my extended family. They use cannabis with great results. (It's legal where I live)

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
colloidal silver will cure IBD and Chrons. My uncle had Crohns and he took colloidal silver for 6 months and he was cured. alternative medicine is the way to go.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
I don't personally have these problems......so about all I can do is sympathize with what you deal with. I know this is an ugly medical problem, because I do have a friend who struggles with it. (She's not quite to the point where she needs surgery, but probably will be, soon. And, I worry about that.......as well as her potential problems in a SHTF situation.)

Hopefully, you will get some good responses from others on the forum. Most people here are pretty decent about sharing info.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate your kind thoughts.
For me, stress is one of my major triggers. The news and events nationally as well as personally can make a flare a lot worse for me.

I wish I had more peace of mind, sighs.

I don't personally have these problems......so about all I can do is sympathize with what you deal with. I know this is an ugly medical problem, because I do have a friend who struggles with it. (She's not quite to the point where she needs surgery, but probably will be, soon. And, I worry about that.......as well as her potential problems in a SHTF situation.)

Hopefully, you will get some good responses from others on the forum. Most people here are pretty decent about sharing info.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My nephew has crohn's and I have niece who has crohn symptoms. We come from a long line of wheat allergies and that seems to be what triggers symptoms in our family.

People who prep tend to rely heavily on storing wheat products. I often wonder how that is going to pan out for people when they start eating all that wheat. Wheat is so difficult to digest.

Best wishes - crohn's is really difficult to live with.

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
i personally use osumex lb17. its one of the only living paste probiotics on the market, it has the highest # of beneficial microbes, and its made from some of the best ingredients that have been fermented over a period of 3 or 5 yrs naturally outdoors in extreme hot and cold climates.

if on facebook look at heal thyself group.
culturesforhealth.com is a good place to get starters. i just got in last friday, some kombucha, and heirloom villi yogurt
keifer is a wonderful probiotic, generally around 35+ different strains of bacteria, yeast, acer, and another form i forgot about. been around for thousand+ of yrs
fermented foods like saurkraut, kimchi, pickles, or many other foods can be fermented and add a probiotic value
the kombucha is a carbinated drink that can be flavored to be like different flavor sodas and it adds probiotic value.
all the ferments and foods, if you take care of the culture you have it for life, and you kids life if they take care of also

·
Grevcon 10
5,794 Posts
Not legal here unfortunately, and I am too much of a worrier to break the law on this.

Please keep any ideas coming. I have had a bad flare up going on for the past 6 days or so. :(
ShaynaGirl,

I understand it is illegal where you live. However if you could get your hands on just some seeds (to be kept for the future when SHTF) and there are no laws or LEO's.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts