Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is a pretty unpopular opinion on this site, but this is just another example of the fallacy of guns as self-defense in a non-SHTF scenario. Guns should be for hunting, farming, shooting ranges, police, military etc but the idea of untrained randoms just being able to carry leaves people dead all the time. Just the stories over the past few weeks:

Rittenhouse probably wouldn't have been attacked at all if he didn't have his rifle, and while he ended up defending himself it could have just as easily gone the other way if Huber had grabbed his rifle or Grosskreutz fired a shot.

Arbery would have probably ended up with just being a few people yelling at each other, and this woman and her baby would also be alive now. Guns just escalate every confrontation and with the firearms manufacturers through the NRA doing their best to make sure as many people as possible are frightened into carrying it's no surprise the US has such crazy gun death stats.

Other countries that don't allow every random citizen to carry just don't have these same stupid deaths. We say we need guns for self defense but the number of people who actually use their gun to defend themselves in a situation where they would have been a victim otherwise is small compared all of these stories where what should have been a non-lethal confrontation just escalates out of control.

How would this have ended if she didn't have a firearm at home and he wasn't carrying, like in most other western countries? She would have ended up getting told off by the cops and maybe a minor charge and insurance would have sorted the damage to the vehicles. Ridiculous.

Your lack of understanding of the constitution is staggering, and yet you managed to surpass it with your lack of understanding of current events. That must have been some good Kool-Aid. Please do a little research, get some facts, and do some thinking for yourself, before you do all that typing. I will give you credit, you didn't miss many of the talking points.

Head Chin Smile Organism Happy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your lack of understanding of the constitution is staggering, and yet you managed to surpass it with your lack of understanding of current events. That must have been some good Kool-Aid. Please do a little research, get some facts, and do some thinking for yourself, before you do all that typing. I will give you credit, you didn't miss many of the talking points.
Who mentioned anything about the Constitution? I'm not debating second amendment rights. I'm saying that it's stupid for every random person to be able to carry. What those rights actually deliver though is the right for you and the people you love to be murdered by firearm at a rate of nearly 4.5/100,000 per year, a little better than if you lived in Uruguay but not quite as safe as life in Nicaragua. For the UK, probably the most comparable English speaking western country to the US the rate is 0.02/100,000. For Canada it's 0.52/100,000.
If people didn't carry on the street would people still get murdered other ways? Yes of course - the UK has a knife problem, but still much safer - for overall homicide rate, the numbers are US: 5, UK: 1.2, Canada: 1.8.
You and your loved ones would be much much safer if gun laws were tighter yet the firearms manufacturers have frightened you into feeling safer when you're carrying. You now feel unsafe when you're unarmed but feel safer when you're putting money into their pockets, which is completely ass backwards to the truth but makes them richer and you poorer. So who's actually drinking the Kook-Aid here?

·
Basket of deplorables
3,321 Posts
Who mentioned anything about the Constitution? I'm not debating second amendment rights. I'm saying that it's stupid for every random person to be able to carry. What those rights actually deliver though is the right for you and the people you love to be murdered by firearm at a rate of nearly 4.5/100,000 per year, a little better than if you lived in Uruguay but not quite as safe as life in Nicaragua. For the UK, probably the most comparable English speaking western country to the US the rate is 0.02/100,000. For Canada it's 0.52/100,000.
If people didn't carry on the street would people still get murdered other ways? Yes of course - the UK has a knife problem, but still much safer - for overall homicide rate, the numbers are US: 5, UK: 1.2, Canada: 1.8.
You and your loved ones would be much much safer if gun laws were tighter yet the firearms manufacturers have frightened you into feeling safer when you're carrying. You now feel unsafe when you're unarmed but feel safer when you're putting money into their pockets, which is completely ass backwards to the truth but makes them richer and you poorer. So who's actually drinking the Kook-Aid here?
Sell your leftist rhetoric down the street. Not buying it. Go get a milk carton for your self defense it would probably serve you and your narrative better anyway.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

Looks like you are.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Not asking you to buy anything, but if the facts show something different to what you currently believe why not just change your mind?
Good thing bro, you'd not get a penny from this bunch for your nonsense.

The lady wasn't carrying anyway. She retrieved it from her home and threatened a guy she just assaulted who then shoots her.

That's how self defense works.

The only person who died here deserved it. As in the Rittenhouse case.

Bye.

·
Basket of deplorables
3,321 Posts
Not asking you to buy anything, but if the facts show something different to what you currently believe why not just change your mind?
Please do tell me what I currently believe? I'm sure your facts live rent free in your mind there in your Utopia. Do you sell pottery as a side job?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like you are.
If the facts showed that having untrained randoms carrying guns around made everyone including myself safer but I still believed that it was a stupid idea, then yes it would be me who's drinking the Kook-Aid.
But it's not.
Here's another link to more research:
Carrying makes you less safe, but lots of people feel safer when carrying. Why do they feel safe? Because the people who sell guns have made them feel scared. Its a false narrative pushed by big companies to make money for themselves at the expense of your safety. Ask yourself - could I be the wrong one here? Then look into it and if the facts back your belief, keep your belief. But if they don't, and you won't change just because of how you 'feel', then that's what 'drinking the Kool-Aid' means.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
4,871 Posts
Because the people who sell guns have made them feel scared.
It is sad that you might actually believe this; however it shows how little you understand about the matter.

You talk about "gun killings" but fail to grasp guns do not and cannot act on their own; while not understanding a great deal of the "numbers" are from gang activity and murders of other rival gang members. Also there is the matter of suicides by firearm, of course those folks would not find another means to the end without guns (that is sarcasm btw) .

Every single day in the good ole USA lives are saved by armed folks, regular every day citizens who carry firearms often without firing a single shot. Of course that doesn't fit your agenda so naturally you'd not mention those facts either.

Maybe you can convince yourself you're Not "drinking the Koolaide" but nearly everyone here knows the "score" though the Queen has you under the boot so that has to be considered as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Who mentioned anything about the Constitution?
Well, you kind of went there, when you started with your anti gun rant. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? As for the rest of your screed, normally I would think you had just played to many games without your helmet, but in your case, I think we can rule out contact sports, so I am going to go with you just ate a lot of paint chips as a kid.

Go back to your bridge little troll, the amusement factor has worn off.

Eyebrow Mouth Smile Jaw Happy

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
I call it the Lemming Syndrome and yeah, that really is a Psychiatric term for a mass psychosis. It refers to the alleged mass suicide of the Lemmings. (They're not really suiciding! Their migratory instinct gets confused like following your outdated GPS that says this road is fine to drive on even though the bridge is gone!) They use the term to describe any group of people who are confused or coerced or etc. to join a group of people in doing something nuts. Like the Jones Flock or the Koresch Flock or jumping off a cliff into the ocean!

My theory is that people all over the world are going crazy because the population is reaching Critical Mass, that point at which it explodes....like it's starting to do now. Humans are herd animals. We like to be with others of our own kind but we also like our space. Ours is a very loosely spread herd! When we're to closely packed for to long, we get crazy. Some of us do anyway!

It's the borderline nutso's! They're the first to go! Many people in the world are already half way crazy. We've all known them..they were just "off". As we reach Critical Mass, they will start to pop off. Some pregnant housewife trying to run a guy over and then trying to shoot him? A guy mad at his woman plows into a parade of old people and kids on purpose? Kids shooting up their schools?

It's only going to get worse. The population keeps increasing, bad drugs get easier to find, traitorous DA's keep letting bad guys out of jail and prison, a worse than worthless POS President who opens the Borders and lets tens of thousands of criminals in and politicians who want to abolish prisons and let everybody go. What could go wrong? Yeah, there's still time to fix it but it's going to take a real President with real muscle and an "America First" attitude. BB Brain ain't it!
Population nah. It’s more socialization.

Think about the changes to society in the last few generations.

1. Smaller families. Children not socialized with siblings or even cousins around their own age. They can have issues developing empathy.

2. No string ties to a geographic community and social network. People moving with no care for family reputation or sense of loyalty to a town or even a state. Many writers have talked about the “someplace “ vs “ any place” people. Or the rise of the “global citizen “.

3. Lack of diversity in schools , work etc. I don’t mean race or ethnicity. I mean ideological and cultural diversity. People live and work in echo chambers.

4. Usurpation of civil society and its institutions by state and corporate substitutes. People network at work instead of church or the elks club. People look to welfare instead of church or the elks club for help.

5. Coddling by parents and educators. Just not being taught any respect for authority or even other people outside your tribe or certain minority groups.

6. The idea that a villain / aggressor can actually be the victim.

7. The need to have a good ass whipping at least once in your lifetime , even if you’re a woman. Their is a huge educational value in mouthing off to the wrong person or picking a fight with the wrong person early in life. It teaches you aggression has consequences. I’ve noticed this esp among women of a certain age. They are used to not meeting physical resistance from women or men. They expect they can act the fool and men will be too much of a gentle man and women too meek to slap them upside the head. This line of thinking works great for them to bully others , right up until it doesn’t.

·
Storyteller
3,772 Posts
I get your point. The 'murdered other ways' point.

The part I miss is your quoting how 'safe' the UK is because they don't allow their subjects to be armed. I dare say the demographics are different in the UK and in the US. (Larger cites, more poor folk and so on.) not to mention sheer numbers - of police.

There 211 cops per 100K population in the UK
In the US it varies by State - the US is a lot larger than the UK by a factor of 40x. So, yeah, number will be hard to match....

Lets look at a few US numbers.
The chart shows many large cites have a faction of the police presence found in the UK. In rural areas, police are damn near non-existent.

Since the US tossed out the Crown by armed force (yeah, it was rude) it has been a thing here. The "It" being armed citizens. Defending themselves and families.

.Can "it" lead to bad things? Yes. Can being unarmed and the police just "minutes (or hours) away be a bad thing? Most certainly.

I live in Alaska. I would love to have a cop on call, but when there is no communications, then it is on me to protect me.
I fully understand that should deadly force be required and employed, I will be arrested, and maybe even go to the dock.

But I will be alive to see the process through.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
7. The need to have a good ass whipping at least once in your lifetime , even if you’re a woman. Their is a huge educational value in mouthing off to the wrong person or picking a fight with the wrong person early in life. It teaches you aggression has consequences. I’ve noticed this esp among women of a certain age. They are used to not meeting physical resistance from women or men. They expect they can act the fool and men will be too much of a gentle man and women too meek to slap them upside the head. This line of thinking works great for them to bully others , right up until it doesn’t.
My goodness what a well thought out post. And yes nothing will make you think twice about running your mouth or getting in a strangers **** like being hit in the face so hard your neck hurts for the next week or your eye is swollen shut for two weeks. You learn real quick you aren't at the top of the food chain and not everyone looks at you and sees the same badass you see when you look in the mirror.

What ever happened to the age old idea of just minding your own damn business? And that woman who thought an attack was a good idea has just been cleaned from the gene pool. She played a rough game and lost. It happens.

And that poster FFOSB I have seen several like him (?) come and go and for the most part they go. And good riddance. I don't need their liberal BS.

·
Basket of deplorables
3,321 Posts
And that poster FFOSB I have seen several like him (?) come and go and for the most part they go. And good riddance. I don't need their liberal BS.
Seems like there are lot's of leftist "pottery salesman" that pop up around here. Kind of like that whack-a-mole game.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
My goodness what a well thought out post. And yes nothing will make you think twice about running your mouth or getting in a strangers **** like being hit in the face so hard your neck hurts for the next week or your eye is swollen shut for two weeks. You learn real quick you aren't at the top of the food chain and not everyone looks at you and sees the same badass you see when you look in the mirror.

What ever happened to the age old idea of just minding your own damn business? And that woman who thought an attack was a good idea has just been cleaned from the gene pool. She played a rough game and lost. It happens.

I feel sad for the baby she was carrying and the father , whoever he was. But it’s crazy she hits a guy on a bike , flees then tries to shoot the dude in public when he is outside her house calling the cops.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts