Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
11,047 Posts
And that right there nullifies the stand your ground law. She became the aggressor at that point.
^^^^^Indeed^^^^^
IMO, when she came out of the house with a gun, she alone escalated the situation beyond the point of no return. While inside her house, she could have called the police and waited for them, but she didn’t. Apparently she went outside with a gun as a bully might do. She got that which she deserved.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I read on another site that she had warrants in another state for her arrest, I think it was Michigan, so that may of had a play in her deciding to return outside with the firearm, maybe she thought she could scare the Bike rider away, seems like a bad move on her part all around. And the shooter will not be charged I also read it was a clear case of self defense.
Link by any chance?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I call it the Lemming Syndrome and yeah, that really is a Psychiatric term for a mass psychosis. It refers to the alleged mass suicide of the Lemmings. (They're not really suiciding! Their migratory instinct gets confused like following your outdated GPS that says this road is fine to drive on even though the bridge is gone!) They use the term to describe any group of people who are confused or coerced or etc. to join a group of people in doing something nuts. Like the Jones Flock or the Koresch Flock or jumping off a cliff into the ocean!

My theory is that people all over the world are going crazy because the population is reaching Critical Mass, that point at which it explodes....like it's starting to do now. Humans are herd animals. We like to be with others of our own kind but we also like our space. Ours is a very loosely spread herd! When we're to closely packed for to long, we get crazy. Some of us do anyway!

It's the borderline nutso's! They're the first to go! Many people in the world are already half way crazy. We've all known them..they were just "off". As we reach Critical Mass, they will start to pop off. Some pregnant housewife trying to run a guy over and then trying to shoot him? A guy mad at his woman plows into a parade of old people and kids on purpose? Kids shooting up their schools?

It's only going to get worse. The population keeps increasing, bad drugs get easier to find, traitorous DA's keep letting bad guys out of jail and prison, a worse than worthless POS President who opens the Borders and lets tens of thousands of criminals in and politicians who want to abolish prisons and let everybody go. What could go wrong? Yeah, there's still time to fix it but it's going to take a real President with real muscle and an "America First" attitude. BB Brain ain't it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a pretty unpopular opinion on this site, but this is just another example of the fallacy of guns as self-defense in a non-SHTF scenario. Guns should be for hunting, farming, shooting ranges, police, military etc but the idea of untrained randoms just being able to carry leaves people dead all the time. Just the stories over the past few weeks:

Rittenhouse probably wouldn't have been attacked at all if he didn't have his rifle, and while he ended up defending himself it could have just as easily gone the other way if Huber had grabbed his rifle or Grosskreutz fired a shot.

Arbery would have probably ended up with just being a few people yelling at each other, and this woman and her baby would also be alive now. Guns just escalate every confrontation and with the firearms manufacturers through the NRA doing their best to make sure as many people as possible are frightened into carrying it's no surprise the US has such crazy gun death stats.

Other countries that don't allow every random citizen to carry just don't have these same stupid deaths. We say we need guns for self defense but the number of people who actually use their gun to defend themselves in a situation where they would have been a victim otherwise is small compared all of these stories where what should have been a non-lethal confrontation just escalates out of control.

How would this have ended if she didn't have a firearm at home and he wasn't carrying, like in most other western countries? She would have ended up getting told off by the cops and maybe a minor charge and insurance would have sorted the damage to the vehicles. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Other countries that don't allow every random citizen to carry just don't have these same stupid deaths.
Since this all started with an attack with a deadly weapon - an SUV, if I'm not mistaken - then we should do as other countries have done and make sure only a few, select people can drive automobiles so they don't have these stupid deaths.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
4,871 Posts
This is a pretty unpopular opinion on this site
For several very good reasons...

·
In Peace as in War
708 Posts
Reminds me of the (60 year old male) motorist that confronted a (23 year old female) motorcyclist on I-5 north of Tacoma a couple years ago. Evidently the man (AKA the Decedent) didn’t like the motorcyclist’s aggressive driving so he initiated a confrontation in which he physically attacked the woman and she was forced to use a firearm to defend her life (sound familiar?). No charges were filed fortunately.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I call it the Lemming Syndrome and yeah, that really is a Psychiatric term for a mass psychosis. It refers to the alleged mass suicide of the Lemmings. (They're not really suiciding! Their migratory instinct gets confused like following your outdated GPS that says this road is fine to drive on even though the bridge is gone!) They use the term to describe any group of people who are confused or coerced or etc. to join a group of people in doing something nuts. Like the Jones Flock or the Koresch Flock or jumping off a cliff into the ocean!

My theory is that people all over the world are going crazy because the population is reaching Critical Mass, that point at which it explodes....like it's starting to do now. Humans are herd animals. We like to be with others of our own kind but we also like our space. Ours is a very loosely spread herd! When we're to closely packed for to long, we get crazy. Some of us do anyway!

It's the borderline nutso's! They're the first to go! Many people in the world are already half way crazy. We've all known them..they were just "off". As we reach Critical Mass, they will start to pop off. Some pregnant housewife trying to run a guy over and then trying to shoot him? A guy mad at his woman plows into a parade of old people and kids on purpose? Kids shooting up their schools?

It's only going to get worse. The population keeps increasing, bad drugs get easier to find, traitorous DA's keep letting bad guys out of jail and prison, a worse than worthless POS President who opens the Borders and lets tens of thousands of criminals in and politicians who want to abolish prisons and let everybody go. What could go wrong? Yeah, there's still time to fix it but it's going to take a real President with real muscle and an "America First" attitude. BB Brain ain't it!
Not to split hairs but the Jones analogy don't work. I served with a guy that went to do that cleanup. The vast majority of the dead were shot in the back because when they realized that this was really going down, they obviously tried to run. He said it was bad.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
This is a pretty unpopular opinion on this site, but this is just another example of the fallacy of guns as self-defense in a non-SHTF scenario. Guns should be for hunting, farming, shooting ranges, police, military etc but the idea of untrained randoms just being able to carry leaves people dead all the time. Just the stories over the past few weeks:

Rittenhouse probably wouldn't have been attacked at all if he didn't have his rifle, and while he ended up defending himself it could have just as easily gone the other way if Huber had grabbed his rifle or Grosskreutz fired a shot.

Arbery would have probably ended up with just being a few people yelling at each other, and this woman and her baby would also be alive now. Guns just escalate every confrontation and with the firearms manufacturers through the NRA doing their best to make sure as many people as possible are frightened into carrying it's no surprise the US has such crazy gun death stats.

Other countries that don't allow every random citizen to carry just don't have these same stupid deaths. We say we need guns for self defense but the number of people who actually use their gun to defend themselves in a situation where they would have been a victim otherwise is small compared all of these stories where what should have been a non-lethal confrontation just escalates out of control.

How would this have ended if she didn't have a firearm at home and he wasn't carrying, like in most other western countries? She would have ended up getting told off by the cops and maybe a minor charge and insurance would have sorted the damage to the vehicles. Ridiculous.
That's all just utter BS I carry every day, as well as a lot of my friends and many on this site, and we've yet to shoot any one or even brandish our carry weapons. Do you have any clue as to why? we for the most part tend to be a lot more forgiving of other peoples stupidly in words and action because, We are armed and don't want to have to resort to firearm use because someone has low or no social skills in dealing with personal conflict, when just walking away serves a better outcome. I carry because not going to become an statistics average on a piece of paper because of someone wanting to do me harm, at 62 I don't and won't fight like I did when I was a young man and better able to handle it. I will walk away but be sure I won't be a target to be taken advantage of either. As far as what other country's do go look up knifing and blunt trauma deaths in those country's and get back to me on those results, not every death in his world comes from firearms by far.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
That's all just utter BS I carry every day, as well as a lot of my friends and many on this site, and we've yet to shoot any one or even brandish our carry weapons. Do you have any clue as to why? we for the most part tend to be a lot more forgiving of other peoples stupidly in words and action because, We are armed and don't want to have to resort to firearm use because someone has low or no social skills in dealing with personal conflict, when just walking away serves a better outcome. I carry because not going to become an statistics average on a piece of paper because of someone wanting to do me harm, at 62 I don't and won't fight like I did when I was a young man and better able to handle it. I will walk away but be sure I won't be a target to be taken advantage of either. As far as what other country's do go look up knifing and blunt trauma deaths in those country's and get back to me on those results, not every death in his world comes from firearms by far.
This is why I frequently discount opinions on firearms-related self-defense situations from non-US citizens. The only "context" they have is what the media publishes on the web. And we all know the media is unbiased.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Your assuming people follow gun laws in other counties told to you by said media.
You being a Canuck have a much better understanding current events in the US than someone in Oz-land. The Kiwis actually had a much better understanding until a nutcase decided to wage counter-jihad on the local chapter of the Sons of Allah.

And no, I don't believe what the MSM states about other countries. Have been to enough to know better.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts