Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
She went in the house, got a gun, and came back outside to confront him. That's a whole lot of rage she had going.

Hit a motorcycle on purpose.
Leave the scene.
Don't call the police.
Retrieve a gun.
Confront the guy you hit.

Her intent may have been to brandish and scare the guy away. Or shoot him, since running into someone with your car on purpose isn't a benign activity.

She didn't expect a 2 way range.

·
Registered
259 Posts
According to the report, the other witnesses were on the phone with 911 when the guns were drawn. Should be a short investigation.

I agree that “chasing “ her was a bad idea, but as a motorcycle rider, simply following her while on the phone with police isn’t unreasonable. Especially if there is a back story

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
40,555 Posts
When most of America watches CNN and MSNBC every night, they see nothing but murder, mayhem, division, distrust, fear, and uncertainty so it comes as no surprise that members of their communities are the ENEMY who must be stopped. Why? Nobody knows. Collective insanity I suppose.

·
Purrpared
1,061 Posts
She hit him deliberately and it's only luck the motorcyclist wasn't injured or killed. If it had been an "accident," something unintentional, maybe he and the witnesses would have just called it in and waited for police at the scene of the accident. But this woman used her car as a weapon. Is it possible the motorcyclist and witness were concerned she would hit someone else deliberately? I would have been, and would not have lost sight of the person to prevent what looked like another crazy person aiming their car at innocent people tragedy.

It's very sad for her family, but I don't see how you could work harder for a bad outcome than she did. Suicide by intended victim instead of the cops?

·
Storyteller
3,791 Posts
Patrick Edwards was shot and killed ( Mobile Al)

The shooter was set free under stand your ground law. Edwards, the dead guy, had aggesivly chased the other car and got shot for his stupidity.

Look it up, this case was tried just this year.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The key difference there is "Aggressively chased". If you passively follow me, I'm going to meet up with the nearest uniformed officer and confront the follower. If you aggressively chase me, I may very well stop, seek cover and assume a shooting stance! "Aggressively chase" means to run red lights, cut people off, dart in and out of traffic, tailgate, etc. In other words, be a danger to all around. Look it up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Even if they had aggressively chased her, why come out of your home after you locked the door and armed yourself?

any logical person would have called police and waited inside.
And that right there nullifies the stand your ground law. She became the aggressor at that point.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Unfortunately for the Karen, stand your ground also means don't bluff. She pointed a gun at the guy and she became a legitimate target.

As for him following her home, she hit him on purpose. That would have done it for me. But people follow hit-and-run drivers and call it in all the time.

·
Storyteller
3,791 Posts
The key difference there is "Aggressively chased". If you passively follow me, I'm going to meet up with the nearest uniformed officer and confront the follower. If you aggressively chase me, I may very well stop, seek cover and assume a shooting stance! "Aggressively chase" means to run red lights, cut people off, dart in and out of traffic, tailgate, etc. In other words, be a danger to all around. Look it up.
Just look up the full case
then you’ll see my point.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
According to the report, the other witnesses were on the phone with 911 when the guns were drawn. Should be a short investigation.

I agree that “chasing “ her was a bad idea, but as a motorcycle rider, simply following her while on the phone with police isn’t unreasonable. Especially if there is a back story
Following somebody is not a crime. Esp after they “hit and ran “.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Sounds like the motorcyclist and witness’s where on with 911 and they all followed her. It says “intentionally hit” so she was already attacking him. And she went inside and got a gun while he was in the street in front of her house with witnesses. She would be in jail if she lived. This was in no way a bad shoot.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I read on another site that she had warrants in another state for her arrest, I think it was Michigan, so that may of had a play in her deciding to return outside with the firearm, maybe she thought she could scare the Bike rider away, seems like a bad move on her part all around. And the shooter will not be charged I also read it was a clear case of self defense.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts