Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you watch and read the news and recognize the cycle things go in and especially if you are a student of history, my following predictions will make perfect sense:

1) There will be a shooting involving an *assault weapon* between now and February 5th. Multiple victims in a public place. I suspect the total will be at least 10, possibly as many as 20.

2) Our *terror alert* will bound into the deep orange and then the red by mid-February. Expect at least one major incident on US soil within 3 weeks after the inauguration.

3) Two major banks will either be taken over by Feds or be *absorbed* by another bank by the end of March. I am thinking Capitol One (which is actually more of a credit company that has over stretched itself) and possibly Bank of America...just looking at the debt load. JP Morgan Chase has diversified itself well, so there is little danger there ALTHOUGH their recent acquisition of WAMU and other failed banks is dragging them down a bit.

4) New assault weapon ban in place by St Patricks Day. Hidden in the language in the bill will be other restrictions on firearm ownership, ammunition's allowed, etc., making it virtually impossible to buy anything that has a capacity of more than 6 rounds. There will also be new restrictions on FFL licensing that will basically force many gun sellers out of business.

5) American troops will be fighting in 2 new places come next Thanksgiving. (Besides the places we already are). I suspect we will have troops in combat in Eastern Europe by next November.If Dear Leader in North Korea dies, we will increase our troops there, although I doubt there will be combat. So, my picks are around near the eastern Polish border--possibly into some of the former Soviet *satellite states* and middle eastern country of your choice...Iran, possibly.

6) The noose will tighten in the US, vis-a-vis the Patriot Act, et al. The new Democrat controlled legislative and executive branches will come up with bills that will expand the control of the Federal government. Most of these new powers and controls will be hidden in the language of other bills, such as the budget. BUT, expect by February 2010 for a bill to surface using *Obamaspeak* that will place severe laws/rules/restrictions on travel, identity papers, i.d. for employment, i.d. for students, i.d. for medical treatment, etc.

Now, if you have been paying attention to the news, history, etc, the reasoning for my predictions is logical and rational. I may be a bit off on timing...a month here or there...but I think I should be pretty close.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
I think your right. I would elaborate but I think I am going to get some more ammo instead.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Have you ever noticed that these shootings happen much more often during Democratic administrations? Its almost like they push a button and it happens.

Maybe the media just makes a bigger deal out of it ?

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
Thank you for the thoughtful post.

Where do you do your research / information gathering for point 3? I am trying to learn more about economics and the economy but it is hard going. There is so much conflicting information.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the thoughtful post.

Where do you do your research / information gathering for point 3? I am trying to learn more about economics and the economy but it is hard going. There is so much conflicting information.
For point 3, I go to federal/government sites, the FDIC, banking sites that discuss and evaluate bank solvency and the particular banks own sites to check their assets/debt loads. I also read the Wall Street Journal (online), Forbes, Janes and a few other online magazines/reports that evaluate the banking industry and international finance.

On a side note, do you realize that only 3% of money actually exists in a physical form (paper money, coins)? The other 97% is *electronic*, shuttled between banks, the Federal Reserve, our government and other goverments by way of electronic transfers?
Chew on that for a while.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think your 100% on. The shooting will probably be a mental patient and his victims will be young. Children will garner the most outrage and call for action.

Colon Powell has already said there will be an incident around Jan. 21st or so but they have no idea what it will be. That doesn't sound to odd does it?

They need to get the people so afraid that they beg for the government to do something. The people will be so scared that they won't, for the most part care about what they are giving up as far as rights and liberties.
I'm thinking the only things that can do this are biological or nuclear.
Ten's of thousands dead and more dieing will get the people to do what ever the government wants.
I think it will be a nuke and it will lead to more wars.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
On a side note, do you realize that only 3% of money actually exists in a physical form (paper money, coins)? The other 97% is *electronic*, shuttled between banks, the Federal Reserve, our government and other goverments by way of electronic transfers?
Chew on that for a while.
It is probably worse in Canada. With only about 5 banks that quickly built their infrastructure we have adopted debit cards and credit cards with wild abandon. It is rare for people to carry cash at all, especially in the city.

·
Grog
227 Posts
There have been several internet postings, so called media and the like, refering to gun control and the like, prep now, and while stocking up on ammo, or getting your first fire arm, do not forget maintenance items as well. Out here with the banning of things like iodine, and having to get Rx for things like Seudafed (Used to be an OTC cold medication) in order to keep down raw materials for making Meth, so the law claims, it may be tough to keep things like CLP on hand for either "war efforts" or other control. Just my $.02

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think your 100% on. The shooting will probably be a mental patient and his victims will be young. Children will garner the most outrage and call for action.
My money is on a *disturbed war veteran* or teen-aged child of one with access to weapons. I think children will be involved as well.
If not war veteran or child of one, then it will be a *hate crime*, probably white on black, which will also gather proponents for more *hate crime* legislation as well as a new assault weapon ban.
Colon Powell has already said there will be an incident around Jan. 21st or so but they have no idea what it will be. That doesn't sound too odd does it?
Joe Biden also stated that there will be an incident right after the inauguration. In two separate speeches/interviews.
They need to get the people so afraid that they beg for the government to do something. The people will be so scared that they won't, for the most part care about what they are giving up as far as rights and liberties.
I'm thinking the only things that can do this are biological or nuclear.
Ten's of thousands dead and more dieing will get the people to do what ever the government wants.
I think it will be a nuke and it will lead to more wars.
If it is a nuke, it will not be on US soil, but in an area where US troops are.
Biological will be more likely on US soil.

What's that old quote..."Those that would trade liberty for security deserve neither" ....

·
Question Authority!
260 Posts
OPtimistic I see. Yeah I laughed my ass off in college when I found that out about the physical money form thing and that was when I decided that university was a waste of my money and time. Setting me up for a usless desk job at some huge conglomerate that would eventually go belly up due to corporate greed and mismanagement.

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
I am not sure about new troop deployments. I think we will see more troops brought home, replaced by UN or NATO, in preparation for various "activities" on the home front. Other than that, definetly more restrictions on gun ownership and sales, overshadowed by deeper economic troubles. Also, shortages of everything made overseas due to declining value of US dollar and collapsing manufacturing worldwide.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
My predictions;
(1) Effective 1-20-09 ,republicans will officially declare us in a recession and blame the whole failing economy on Obama and the democrats.
(2)April of '09 gas prices will rise as the on coming "travel season" and "summer fuel blends" are put into the system. And of course the Republicans will say "GAS WAS ONLY $1.60 WHEN BUSH LEFT OFFICE" ,having total amnesia of the $3.00 prices we dealt with for much of the Bush administration,and the $4.00+ we had during the summer of "08.
(3)I agree with lamb about the mass shooting ,however I think we will see several "postal type" shootings soon, as more and more Americans lose their jobs and 401k's .
(4) I think the bank absorbtion is a given ,rather than a prediction, as well as a major government loan to prop up the U.S. auto industry.
(5) But My biggest prediction of all ,as I stated earlier,is, AMNESIA of the last 8 years by the republican party and their supporters. This is more of a personal guarantee,rather than a prediction.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
I tend to think that you will see an increase in the number of family related murder-suicides caused by this series of financial collapses. These murder-suicides were very prominent at the time of the Great Depression many years ago. Parents would often drown their kids and then take poison or large amounts of sleeping pills and alcohol to kill themselves. Some did use firearms but that was kind of rare. But I think that once this mess hits at the local level it will devastate people and families to the point that it will shock our nation. Pelosi and ilk will probably call for a ban on sleeping pills or alcoholic liquor and bring back Prohibition again...

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
. Pelosi and ilk will probably call for a ban on sleeping pills or alcoholic liquor and bring back Prohibition again...
That's right, you heard it here first. "They" are bringing back the Prohibition of alcohol too.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
If the Republicans do what you suggest, they will only be copying what you and the left did to Bush.
My predictions;
(1) Effective 1-20-09 ,republicans will officially declare us in a recession and blame the whole failing economy on Obama and the democrats.
(2)April of '09 gas prices will rise as the on coming "travel season" and "summer fuel blends" are put into the system. And of course the Republicans will say "GAS WAS ONLY $1.60 WHEN BUSH LEFT OFFICE" ,having total amnesia of the $3.00 prices we dealt with for much of the Bush administration,and the $4.00+ we had during the summer of "08.
(3)I agree with lamb about the mass shooting ,however I think we will see several "postal type" shootings soon, as more and more Americans lose their jobs and 401k's .
(4) I think the bank absorbtion is a given ,rather than a prediction, as well as a major government loan to prop up the U.S. auto industry.
(5) But My biggest prediction of all ,as I stated earlier,is, AMNESIA of the last 8 years by the republican party and their supporters. This is more of a personal guarantee,rather than a prediction.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
Not sure about the shooting, but the rest is right on. Citibank is toast.
If you watch and read the news and recognize the cycle things go in and especially if you are a student of history, my following predictions will make perfect sense:

1) There will be a shooting involving an *assault weapon* between now and February 5th. Multiple victims in a public place. I suspect the total will be at least 10, possibly as many as 20.

2) Our *terror alert* will bound into the deep orange and then the red by mid-February. Expect at least one major incident on US soil within 3 weeks after the inauguration.

3) Two major banks will either be taken over by Feds or be *absorbed* by another bank by the end of March. I am thinking Capitol One (which is actually more of a credit company that has over stretched itself) and possibly Bank of America...just looking at the debt load. JP Morgan Chase has diversified itself well, so there is little danger there ALTHOUGH their recent acquisition of WAMU and other failed banks is dragging them down a bit.

4) New assault weapon ban in place by St Patricks Day. Hidden in the language in the bill will be other restrictions on firearm ownership, ammunition's allowed, etc., making it virtually impossible to buy anything that has a capacity of more than 6 rounds. There will also be new restrictions on FFL licensing that will basically force many gun sellers out of business.

5) American troops will be fighting in 2 new places come next Thanksgiving. (Besides the places we already are). I suspect we will have troops in combat in Eastern Europe by next November.If Dear Leader in North Korea dies, we will increase our troops there, although I doubt there will be combat. So, my picks are around near the eastern Polish border--possibly into some of the former Soviet *satellite states* and middle eastern country of your choice...Iran, possibly.

6) The noose will tighten in the US, vis-a-vis the Patriot Act, et al. The new Democrat controlled legislative and executive branches will come up with bills that will expand the control of the Federal government. Most of these new powers and controls will be hidden in the language of other bills, such as the budget. BUT, expect by February 2010 for a bill to surface using *Obamaspeak* that will place severe laws/rules/restrictions on travel, identity papers, i.d. for employment, i.d. for students, i.d. for medical treatment, etc.

Now, if you have been paying attention to the news, history, etc, the reasoning for my predictions is logical and rational. I may be a bit off on timing...a month here or there...but I think I should be pretty close.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts