Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you have met such creatures, but they exist. I've met them and they scare me.

Their idea of survivalism is to take what you have.

In my experience, they have a cues to tip you off as to their real intent:

1. Few real survival stores. Most of what they have will fit in an Alice pack.

2. Primary investment in a battle rifle, pistol, and combat load of ammo.

3. Cubbards in their house/apartment have a mainstream amount of food.

4. Express a lot of curiosity as to what you have, but reveal little about what they have. Lots of excuses as to low amount of food, etc.

They will kill you, your wife, your children, your dog.

Be advised, be observant, watch who you trust.

When the balloon goes up, and they reveal themselves, show no mercy.

Mitch

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with everything you just said. It also sound's like someone had a bad weekend at a gunshow:rolleyes:. Sometimes the loon's come out, no matter what.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
They do exist, Panzermitch, and represent a higher threat than the average starving, uprepared rabble. I don't think there are many though, and threats from armed 'homeboys' and thugs would be more a pressing concern.
You're right, though, silence is golden.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
I have come across them over the last 10 years.
They are a much bigger threat to us and the unprepared.
If someone stands in the way of what they want, ther is no second thought about what they will do.
This, I have been told by some of these people, you can see it in their eyes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just more reason to make a primary investment in a "battle rifle, pistol, and combat load of ammo" to protect "your wife, your children, your dog". The survivalist that doesn't think like a predator, even a LITTLE isn't going to do so well, regardless of how much survival skill they may have. And it will be funny how some of the more passive people like hippie survivalist will even end up in a real life enactment of Lord of the Flies, bashing someone over the head with a stone for their Ipod so he can listen to his Phish bootlegs.

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
You forgot to mention that they are scumbags, dirtbags, low lifes, useless pieces of trash, lazy good for nothing, unlearned, wastes, bottom feeders and any other bad thing you could say about a person.

But you all are correct, you need to mark them, the funny thing is most of them will mark themselves, by stupid comments. Keep your personal information personal.

Reactions: ZigMund

·
Registered
62 Posts
Predators will go after easy prey first. Just need to make sure they see you as a prickly, nasty tasting tidbit and they will move on the first time. Be prepared for them to make a return when they get hungry and think they now have the upper hand.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have encountered this very recently. I tell you Panzermitch you bring this to the forfront in my mind. I know I am not as well prepared as most here, but I would not Ramboing someone for their supplies. I hope to do better next year. I do not understand the assault weapon types. I run simple bolt action, pump action styles and have a good amount of food and water put back. When these folks show themselves preparation is needed as much for them as a power outage. Maybe large quanities of buck shot and slug for combat, then a CQB book.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Those that have guns usualy have lots of other things too. It's the hoards of those that starve and have sticks and clubs that I feel threatened by. There will be thousands if something should go wrong.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I personally tend to think we will not be fighting our neighbors as much, but quasi law enforcement groups, cops, military and so forth that have themselves run out and will then use their "official" status to take what they want.

Much like the scenario in the TV Show Jericho when the Ravenwood group showed up or even the fake Marines.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I personally tend to think we will not be fighting our neighbors as much, but quasi law enforcement groups, cops, military and so forth that have themselves run out and will then use their "official" status to take what they want.

Much like the scenario in the TV Show Jericho when the Ravenwood group showed up or even the fake Marines.
Exactly! Blackwater is going to be a much greater threat than the stereotypical predator.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You forgot to mention that they are scumbags, dirtbags, low lifes, useless pieces of trash, lazy good for nothing, unlearned, wastes, bottom feeders and any other bad thing you could say about a person.
I think you just described a large segment of the American population.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just more reason to make a primary investment in a "battle rifle, pistol, and combat load of ammo" to protect "your wife, your children, your dog". The survivalist that doesn't think like a predator, even a LITTLE isn't going to do so well, regardless of how much survival skill they may have. And it will be funny how some of the more passive people like hippie survivalist will even end up in a real life enactment of Lord of the Flies, bashing someone over the head with a stone for their Ipod so he can listen to his Phish bootlegs.
That sounded kind of mean to me but it might be true.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts