Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Havent posted in a while but Ive been on a week long search for a ak47 preban style. I havent gotten lucky at all. I remember seeing some of the links you guys post up but I was too dumb to book mark them. If you guys could give me any links I would greatly appreciate it.

Another question I have an Yugo SKS I have decided on selling when the next gun show comes up. What do you guys think is a reasonable price? It comes with the stock sling, 2 tapco mags, a NC star scope (not mounted, I have learned Scopes do not work well with SKS), 1 30 round mag and of course the stock mag.

Thanks Members! :thumb:

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,020 Posts
Ok, there is no difference between "pre ban" and whats available today except there are more junk AK's and more really good ones.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/instock.htm

Anything made by arsenal is a 1st line product.

WASR, Century Arms and the endless assortment of shoddly assembled garbage is not.

Google Jim Fuller if you want a semi custom AK as good as anything leaving USSR factories

Im sure the multitude of "experts" will jump in soon. They will tell you the junk is good, and Arsenal is too pricy. Whatever, its your money, and your situation to ever need it

·
Survive... for what?
1,412 Posts
Ok, there is no difference between "pre ban" and whats available today except there are more junk AK's and more really good ones.

WASR, Century Arms and the endless assortment of shoddly assembled garbage is not.
I love my WASR, aside from a loose magazine - shoots as good as my Maddi, just as accurite as my AR under 75 Yards.

·
Drive them OUT!
221 Posts
I have a Yugo that is recent production, american made heavy barrel with a crown, Tapco G2 trigger thats about 4 pounds. It holds 2" at 100 yards, I can also hit 2 liter soda bottles at 200 yards. I had a WASR before and it was a POS! Mine also is built on a RPK receiver! All for $469 at JG Sales

·
The WASR Warrior
122 Posts
I too love my WASR. no it's not the nicest AK out there, but it shoots fine and I've dolled it up to look just as nice as any other Kalashnikov you'll find out there. :thumb:

·
Immortal
1,411 Posts
For all things SKS go to www.sksboards.com they have a forum section too.

If I were buying, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for anything that has been modified from factory original. I might go up to $200 for a Yugo, $250 for a Chinese, and $450 for a Russian. Just my personal opinion. A lot of folks sem willing to pay more. I just sold a Yugo for $250.

I took my first deer with a Maadi AKM so I am not against AKs. But I sold my AKs and kept the SKS. In my opinion the SKS is a much more accurate weapon. My AK was unsuited for accurate aimed fire beyond 100 yards. In general the longer the barrel, the more accurate the weapon, so if you get an AK and want it to be accurate at any distance beyond 75 yards, look for a longer barrel rather than shorter.

You just happen to have gotten the worst made SKS out there, but don't write off teh whole design.....

·
semper in angaria
1,578 Posts
I think you would get the most out of your sks if you keep it looking original. The other items can be added in to sweeten the deal or sold to someone else. $250-$300 for the sks, $340-$400 for all.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts

Anything made by arsenal is a 1st line product.

Google Jim Fuller if you want a semi custom AK as good as anything leaving USSR factories

Im sure the multitude of "experts" will jump in soon. They will tell you the junk is good, and Arsenal is too pricy. Whatever, its your money, and your situation to ever need it
There are Arsenals made in Bulgaria and there are Arsenals made in the US.

There's quality and there's US. Big difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts