Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cat, I'm so sorry! My prayers and sincere condolences.

Ей Царство Небесное!
A little detail about my mother:

My Mother was one of the best Lawyers in the 90’ in post revolution Romania always fighting against corruption, especially against the communists (many dangerous ones in secret police) that stole houses and lands and she was taking on the system to give these houses and lands back to the people. She was the most brave human being I saw in my life (as in crazy). The system was afraid of her and many times they just gave up the lawsuits she was involved because she was too fearsome as a person and too knowledgeable of the Law and of the corrupt system. They preferred to move the cases if possible so they do not have to deal with her. There were literally hundreds of corrupt judges and lawyers everywhere, no need to have to deal with her if possible. But I remember a few times she went cities far away just to surprise them and to win the decision in court.

One time police came to our doors and my mother threw them out like garbage. They were afraid to come back. DRAGON LADY.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

My Mother was one of the best Lawyers in the 90’ in post revolution Romania always fighting against corruption, especially against the communists (many dangerous ones in secret police) that stole houses and lands and she was taking on the system to give these houses and lands back to the people. She was the most brave human being I saw in my life (as in crazy ). The system was afraid of her and many times they just gave up the lawsuits she was involved because she was too fearsome as a person and too knowledgeable of the Law and of the corrupt system. They preferred to move the cases if possible so they do not have to deal with her.

One time police came to our doors and my mother threw them out like garbage. They were afraid to come back. DRAGON LADY.

Cat_1978,

Your mother did a lot more good than even you and she realize. I'm sure just her presence in the area deterred other actions that would have otherwise taken place.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Cat_1978,

Your mother did a lot more good than even you and she realize. I'm sure just her presence in the area deterred other actions that would have otherwise taken place.

People were coming to her like literally staying in line at her office so she can take them and she took as much as she could for 0 money (she paid from her purse some of the court procedures). I Remember people crying of thanks to her when they win. I am not even 0.000001 the MAN that my mother was. There are many poor people in this world. And many wolves too. Few hunters. My mother was a hunter.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,294 Posts
Oh no! Cat, I am so sorry. Were you expecting it?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this day. I rise up Cat and his family at this time and ask that your Spirit be with them and comfort them during this difficult time. I pray that this experience will draw us all closer to you and each other, in love and devotion.

I ask this in Jesus name.

Amen.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no! Cat, I am so sorry. Were you expecting it?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this day. I rise up Cat and his family at this time and ask that your Spirit be with them and comfort them during this difficult time. I pray that this experience will draw us all closer to you and each other, in love and devotion.

I ask this in Jesus name.

Amen.
Thank you for your prayer.

Yes I was expecting it. A few years ago she had a stroke and put her in bed for good barely speaking. Stress will do that to you, you know.

I am hopeful she will go the right place because she took the bad part in this life, from when she was young until the stroke. Helping others on this wretched (wretched because of us) planet is largely a thankless job.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

My Mother was one of the best Lawyers in the 90’ in post revolution Romania always fighting against corruption, especially against the communists (many dangerous ones in secret police) that stole houses and lands and she was taking on the system to give these houses and lands back to the people. She was the most brave human being I saw in my life (as in crazy). The system was afraid of her and many times they just gave up the lawsuits she was involved because she was too fearsome as a person and too knowledgeable of the Law and of the corrupt system. They preferred to move the cases if possible so they do not have to deal with her. There were literally hundreds of corrupt judges and lawyers everywhere, no need to have to deal with her if possible. But I remember a few times she went cities far away just to surprise them and to win the decision in court.

As someone who lived in both communist and post-communist Russia, I am very familiar with the corruption and violence that followed the fall of communism in the East. Your mother was one courageous lady to do what she did.

If you give me her first name and say it is OK, the next time I am in Church I will submit her name so that the priest can pray for her while he is preparing the Eucharist.

(FYI for non-Orthodox: In the preparation of the Eucharistic bread, which occurs before the public portion of the Divine Liturgy, the priest takes pieces of bread, each commemorating one of the faithful departed, and places them on the diskos, or special plate, on which the bread which will later become the Body of Christ is placed. As the priest removes each piece he mentions the name of a specific departed individual, generally from lists of names submitted before the beginning of the Liturgy by the faithful.

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
May eternal rest be granted to her, Oh Lord, and May perpetual light shine upon her!

May God look kindly on her and all her family.

Condolences to you and yours, my friend.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As someone who lived in both communist and post-communist Russia, I am very familiar with the corruption and violence that followed the fall of communism in the East. Your mother was one courageous lady to do what she did.

If you give me her first name and say it is OK, the next time I am in Church I will submit her name so that the priest can pray for her while he is preparing the Eucharist.

(FYI for non-Orthodox: In the preparation of the Eucharistic bread, which occurs before the public portion of the Divine Liturgy, the priest takes pieces of bread, each commemorating one of the faithful departed, and places them on the diskos, or special plate, on which the bread which will later become the Body of Christ is placed. As the priest removes each piece he mentions the name of a specific departed individual, generally from lists of names submitted before the beginning of the Liturgy by the faithful.
Her first name is Cristina (English: Christine).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts