Survivalist Forum banner

Power Blackout Risks Loom For Quarter Of All Americans This Winter

5817 109

Power Blackout Risks Loom For Quarter Of All Americans | ZeroHedge
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Twisted, sick, smart***, occasionally sarcastic...
2,328 Posts
No doubt it will affect Mn. These stupid bastards in power drool over California power and auto regulations. I'm fine but many are not. I'll have to set my mom up with a generator as usual, and I bought a new one for my daughter in kcmo. Delivery and setup included.

· reluctant sinner
22,690 Posts
I think the risk is to all the regular Americans. How do you get people to go to the FEMA death camp? Well with no electric power in the house, it will be cold. With no water the flush toilet doesn't work and neither will the lift station for the sewer. It will give new meaning to "Dry Cleaning".

No diesel for trucks, is no food deliveries, later no food planted.

So yes the death camps will have a large line of sheep giving up their rights for a chance at being warm and dry with some gruel in their belly.

Never let a crisis go to waste even when you have to create it.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Sounds like our northernly neighbors will be a little chilly this season. Sucks to be a yankee this time of year.
Well I forget if it was last winter or the winter before but the TX power grid failed due to unusual low temperatures and quite a lot of folks died.

I delivered in Grand Prairie ( Dallas ) yesterday and spent the night. 25 degrees.

Ain't just a " Yankee " northern issue friend.

· Registered
152 Posts
I’m in Texas. Two years ago, we experienced snowpocolypse. Lost electricity for 10 days. Fortunately, I had a 6500 watt generator, plenty of gasoline, and that kept my frig, freezer, water heater and a few 1500 watt ceramic heaters going. After that was over, I bought a much larger gen. And built a quite shed for it to live in. I have it wired into my house directly. It’s dual fuel and I just traded one of my handmade knives for 3 100 pound propane tanks. This new gen will run my entire house. If we lose power again, I can start it up with a remote, throw a couple switches in my breaker box, and go back to bed.

· Registered
204 Posts

Power Blackout Risks Loom For Quarter Of All Americans | ZeroHedge
The graph in the Zerohedge article is a perfect example of how graphs can mislead. Zero days supply would be plotted WAY below the bottom of the graph. The bottom (origin) line on the graph is 20 days. Current supply is about 25 days.
So, yes we have historically low inventory, but it averages around 35 days. In that context, it's not as bad as it looks.
Yes, we have a woodstove, a full cord under roof and lots more outside. Back to higher priority stuff for now.
(Been through 3 full days w/o electric in below zero weather with a fireplace, so yes I stay alert. I don't want to repeat that episode!)

· Registered
11,682 Posts
The NERC study is valid. North American Eletric Reliability Corporation = NERC.

NERC

It's their job to recognize potential issues so they can be avoided. It's already trickling down to state regulators and state legislators. They are questioning the impacts of forcing some generation to retire (see Biden's comments on coal this week) and the effects of renewable penetration on grid stability and reliability.

So it's a good thing.

· Registered
5,345 Posts
No doubt it will affect Mn. These stupid bastards in power drool over California power and auto regulations. I'm fine but many are not. I'll have to set my mom up with a generator as usual, and I bought a new one for my daughter in kcmo. Delivery and setup included.
Three Gensets and 55 gallons of fuel. Somewhere near Mille Lacs.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts