Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't bought powdered eggs or butter yet because they are so expensive. I was wondering how much are you storing and where are you buying yours?

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
I ordered the Mountain dehydrated eggs w/ bacon #10 can. Plus a #10 green beans. I also ordered a single pouch so I can make it right away to see what it tastes like.
I'll post back next week after it arrives.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Just checked the butter as well a case runs Powdered Butter CASE Price: $97.99

4.49 ships your entire order :)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Reactions: awildchipmunk

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
I bought a single can recently to try...they are good...salt n pepper recommended...use a tad less water than what they call for, seems to make them fluffier and less runny! :thumb:
Thank you this is good to know.

I haven't used mine yet, I'm still working on a small can I got elsewhere.

Just got an email from them today.

Greetings from Honeyville Farms:

Just a friendly reminder that the Honeyville Food Products Newsletter Sale ends Wednesday night, 10/8/08, at 6:00PM, PST (Pacific Standard Time). Don't miss out on your chance to save 10% on your entire order*. The savings can really add up when you type BIGSAVINGS as your discount code.

Hope this can help for anyone ordering.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The Long term food situation is a bit sketchy right now with fairly long lead times, if you can find a dealer that has something in stock that they can verify IS fresh I would go that route this late in the game.

This will typically be some of the smaller lesser known dealers. Just be sure to get a guarantee that the food was packed within the last month or so.

Believe it or not, there was a LOT of survival vendors that ended 1999 with tens of thousands of #10 cans and were known to still be sitting on them 3-4 years later. One place in MT had over 80,000 cans from Y2k sales leftover!! At one point they were offering them for $2. a can (for the whole lot, not onesy twosy). :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
These people have powdered eggs cheaper than Honeyville, and they have 3 lbs in their #10 cans. Honeyville's has 2 1/4 lbs.

http://www.aaoobfoods.com/

I ordered some other stuff from Honeyville this week, using that discount code, and it didn't work. I emailed them about it, and they said they'd fix it. They didn't. Full charge went through to my account. $12 would have bought another can.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
The powdered butter we have in our supplies was ordered from Nitro-pac.
I have found when prepareing the butter, I add a TBSPN of vegetable oil per cup.
Gives it a better texure, more like real butter.
............................Alaskan.................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts