Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my taters all cut and ready to plant the other 2 days ago. Was giving them a chance to scab over. Well I was going to plant them today but we got a heavy down pour last night and now its to wet. How long can I wait before I plant these before they are no good?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They will be fine for a long time. Just try to not knock the eyes off when they start to sprout. The mother potato can rot away to nothing as long as you have eyes all is well.
Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I grew potatoes for the first time last year using the tower method. I used the large tree containers from a nursery. Every time the plant would shoot up a few inches I would add more dirt. They did ok. Very easy to harvest, just dump the bucket and pick em up . I mixed up a nice batch of soil to go in the buckets this year and left it in a pile near the garden. But it has rained for days now so its just to wet to be trying to move it into buckets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.