Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a wonderful feeling to spend a day, or a couple of days, planting, and in a couple of weeks sprouts break through the ground.

Three weeks ago my son, my parents, and myself planted 27 pounds of seed potatoes. This made up 4 rows.

Two weeks ago my son and I planted 14 rows of sweet corn.

There had been a couple of sprouts here and there, but things are really kicking off now.

Corn is coming up nicely, with some of the sprouts around an inch, to maybe an inch and a quarter tall.

Potatoes are breaking through the ground and spreading their leaves.

Probably around the start of April I am going to plan everything else, side dress the potatoes and corn, then make the rows up around them. For the corn I have some 34-0-0, and for the potatoes I am going to use 13-13-13.

The seed potatoes and the corn were both planted with 13-13-13.

People who watch my youtube channel may wonder why I spend so much time talking about seeds and gardening. I see this as realistic prepping. What better way to prep than growing your own food.

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts
It is a wonderful feeling to spend a day, or a couple of days, planting, and in a couple of weeks sprouts break through the ground.

Three weeks ago my son, my parents, and myself planted 27 pounds of seed potatoes. This made up 4 rows.

Two weeks ago my son and I planted 14 rows of sweet corn.

There had been a couple of sprouts here and there, but things are really kicking off now.

Corn and Potatoes Starting to Sprout - YouTube

Corn is coming up nicely, with some of the sprouts around an inch, to maybe an inch and a quarter tall.

Potatoes are breaking through the ground and spreading their leaves.

Probably around the start of April I am going to plan everything else, side dress the potatoes and corn, then make the rows up around them. For the corn I have some 34-0-0, and for the potatoes I am going to use 13-13-13.

The seed potatoes and the corn were both planted with 13-13-13.

People who watch my youtube channel may wonder why I spend so much time talking about seeds and gardening. I see this as realistic prepping. What better way to prep than growing your own food.
You should stop with the synthetic fertilizer, and read up on my permaculture/prepping thread, once I update it, Kev.

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts
I'm glad you're growing food, but using synthetic fertilizers isn't sustainable, and it degrades your soil structure and kills off your soil life (microbes).

As preppers, and survivalists; we should be aiming for long term; so your kids can have a prosperous spot of land, and not a degraded one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts