Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-your daily driver
-your sunday driver
-your BOV
- anything
post car info- MPG, HP, mods, etc..

thought this might be a cool thread, see what we all drive, im a car enthusist myself, and love tinkering with the idea of getting a truck someday...

my 01 civic, 5speed manual, 30+mpg, ~109hp stock engine, Tokico D-spec struts with Skunk2 race springs 2.5in drop..Axis Oldskool 15X8 +25 offset wheels wrapped in 205-50-R15 Khumo tires..

and my 85 civic wagon 4WD, 6-speed one SL gear 5 regular +reverse, ~25+mpg, ~78hp, stock everythin except roof rack basket from a BMW...

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
KORED, I love your wagon! I had one just like it a few years ago. With studded tires, it would go anywhere. Actually I am looking for another. Here's my daily driver and my work truck:

The Aspire is a great car. The old Ford is good too but has a 360 and burns a quart of oil every 50 miles or so :)

EDIT: Thanks Solidus for posting the pics.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
KORED, I love your wagon! I had one just like it a few years ago. With studded tires, it would go anywhere. Actually I am looking for another. Here's my daily driver and my work truck:

The Aspire is a great car. The old Ford is good too but has a 360 and burns a quart of oil every 50 miles or so :)

EDIT: Thanks Solidus for posting the pics.
I'm a Chevy guy, but that is a darn nice truck. I would pull that engine and freshen it up. a quart in 50 miles is really bad. You've got to have a few broken rings in that thing.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I'm a Chevy guy, but that is a darn nice truck. I would pull that engine and freshen it up. a quart in 50 miles is really bad. You've got to have a few broken rings in that thing.
Thanks! Actually it was just overhauled about 2K miles ago because it used so much oil to begin with. It's always used oil! I dunno', i'd like to drop in a 460:)

Reactions: joes

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I mad maxed my Z28. Couldn't tell you the gas mileage it gets, but it passes everything but a gas station which is why I don't drive it much anymore.

I have two other cars but no pics yet.

Attachments

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
My daily driver and fun vehicle is a 1992 Suzuki Vitara, 1.6 and a 5 speed manual, I love the small size of it and the light weight, with the low range box, I can often get into place similarly out fitted lager trucks can't go.
Has now been fitted with a 2 inch lift, 31 inch all terrain tires, and a 33 gallon fuel tank. Planning some bar work, snorkel, winch and a roof rack.
A short vid from the day after I got it:

·
Always watching from afar
292 Posts
My 98 Cavalier I bought new in late 98 (first car) I am not rebuilding it. :)

Photoshop of what it will look like when it is done

My 97 Sunfire I am building a drag car out of

the inside :)

My 90 2500 Suburban when I first got it (my BOV project)

The Civic I bought for a daily driver but i am having some problems getting a title.

Also not pictured I have a 2wd 1/2 ton 89 chevy 1500 and a 79 El Camino that belonged to my grandfather that I am restoring.

My fiance's car show car we are building, 2000 Cavalier

Sorry about so many pictures :)

EDIT: Fixed by Solidus's request :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's mine,
1988 Toyota 4runner in petrol. I got in in petrol because the engine is cheaper to repair, you can still get new OEM 4Y petrol engines for around a grand. Even with the stronger petrol motor, it couldn't pull the skin off a decent rice custard.

The best part is the FRP top can come off, making it a pretty good spotlight rig.

And our other car, a 1989 Ford Laser. Get great mileage, makes a great run about and still capable of handling longer trips. Ford Australia made these locally from Mazda bits, and being a very popular make you can still get parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The fleet

The family rig, 2002 Trailblazer, this stays at the house for the wife to drive when she needs, or if we take the whole family out together:
front.JPG

The old pig truck, a 1991 F250 7.3L Diesel, this guy generally lives at the house unless being used for hauling. Bought it for $800 from an old guy who had it sitting out in a field, after a bit of work it runs and drives just fine. The clearcoat was peeling terribly as tends to happen to some models in this age range, so I sanded it down and rattle canned the olive drab on myself. An old work truck isn't supposed to look too pretty, and it protects it well from the elements.
leftside.jpg

Daily commuter, I don't have any pics of my actual one so here is a stock image, 2007 Kawasaki KLX250S:
KLX_250S.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is mine 89 SWB nissan patrol.
4.2l Turbo diesel. mechanical everything no electrics :D
95l main and 55l SubTank gives me 1200km range with a buffer
4" total lift on 33" tires and have a set of 36" play tires
snorkel ect

Comming soon winch, ARB airlockers rear drawer system and thats about it

1 - 20 of 1390 Posts