Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Front Towards Enemy
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of the gear-heavy preppers out there...

So, you're a gear-centric prepper...you have state of the art military-grade weaponry, ammunition, and plenty of both. You felt a need for level IIIA body armor and that kevlar cover, and now you have it. You bought the knife Delta force is supposed to use. You've stockpiled enough ammunition to win a war in Bolivia. You have enough weaponry, armor and gear to arm SEAL team 6. So, what do you plan on doing with it when everything falls apart?

I hope that by reading this, you are a responsible person. I hope that with your arsenal, you have also stockpiled common sense, and a moral integrity to use it for good when the day comes that the dark matter hits the fan, and those lines between good and evil suddenly become blurred. Because now, you have taken it upon yourself to be a sheepdog of the highest caliber.

When the cities lie in ruins, and bands of murderous land pirates roam the country, raping and killing, pillaging food and supplies from those without the ability to resist them, I pray that you have the moral integrity to be a guardian against the wolves. May your Interceptor vest stop only the rounds fired by the evil hordes, and never bullets fired by a scared mother as you raid what little food she has to feed her children. I hope the crosshairs of your expensive sniper rifle are only doped to drop the wicked, and never the ones who are trying to cling to humanity and civility.

Train, my friend. You already have the equipment, now train with it. Put up or shut up. Train every day. Expend thousands of rounds in practice. Spend every penny you can on training. Take up rappelling. Learn knife fighting. Every facet of your life now must be built around being good enough to WEAR that gear. You must make yourself DESERVING of such power. Learn your weapons until you can disassemble them in your sleep, underwater with the lights out. Play airsoft or paintball on weekends, just for fun. Study the books. Run the woods in full gear until you ******* puke.

I hope you will hear my words. If you are a mall ninja, an operator wannabe, sell your guns now. If your "training" amounts to a few rounds a year and Call of Duty, give up and stop playing soldier. Forget all notions of being Rambo, of being Mad Max. When you have to don YOUR gear and weapons, it will be to live the live of a rogue. To kill for food, and to become a monster just to survive another day. Change your mindset now or give up trying to prepare for what's coming. When the end comes, just cower behind your bed and wait for the inevitable. It will be better that way.

When the lights go dark, the phones stop working and the shelves are bare, we must rely only on ourselves and each other to survive. In that world, everyone will have a role. The farmers will farm, the blacksmiths and craftsmen will build, and the merchant will sell. Someone has to be there to protect them, because the marauders will raid, the weak will die, and one way or another, you will have a role in that. Pick your side. The world will need police. The world will need sheep dogs. You have the gear my friend, and you talk the talk. Will you walk the walk?

·
Pot-stirring nest-poker!
3,109 Posts
I'm going to learn the necessary post-SHTF skills Matrix-style. I'll acquire them when I need them. Until then, I'll sit comfortably on my stockpile of weapons and ammo secure in the fact that I'm equipped to deal with a full-on, frontal Operator assault.

I know how to protect my women and my stuff. If this van's a rockin' don't come a knockin'.

·
Front Towards Enemy
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to learn the necessary post-SHTF skills Matrix-style. I'll acquire them when I need them. Until then, I'll sit comfortably on my stockpile of weapons and ammo secure in the fact that I'm equipped to deal with a full-on, frontal Operator assault.

I know how to protect my women and my stuff. If this van's a rockin' don't come a knockin'.

I'd like to borrow those programming discs, man. :D:

I'm already over 3K into the whole training thing. The wife would let me wire myself into the mainframe before she'd let me drop another dime on killhouses and seminars at this point. :rolleyes:

Didn't mean to rant guys...just the whole "I have guns, so everything's gonna be alright" thing I hear from people really ****** me off. I don't take any of it back, but I didn't mean to direct toward any of the real preppers here. Been having family trouble, and it's got me all kinds of fired up. :(

·
Banned
884 Posts

So, you're a gear-centric prepper...you have state of the art military-grade weaponry, ammunition, and plenty of both. You felt a need for level IIIA body armor and that kevlar cover, and now you have it. You bought the knife Delta force is supposed to use. You've stockpiled enough ammunition to win a war in Bolivia. You have enough weaponry, armor and gear to arm SEAL team 6. So, what do you plan on doing with it when everything falls apart?

I hope that by reading this, you are a responsible person. I hope that with your arsenal, you have also stockpiled common sense, and a moral integrity to use it for good when the day comes that the dark matter hits the fan, and those lines between good and evil suddenly become blurred. Because now, you have taken it upon yourself to be a sheepdog of the highest caliber.

When the cities lie in ruins, and bands of murderous land pirates roam the country, raping and killing, pillaging food and supplies from those without the ability to resist them, I pray that you have the moral integrity to be a guardian against the wolves. May your Interceptor vest stop only the rounds fired by the evil hordes, and never bullets fired by a scared mother as you raid what little food she has to feed her children. I hope the crosshairs of your expensive sniper rifle are only doped to drop the wicked, and never the ones who are trying to cling to humanity and civility.

Train, my friend. You already have the equipment, now train with it. Put up or shut up. Train every day. Expend thousands of rounds in practice. Spend every penny you can on training. Take up rappelling. Learn knife fighting. Every facet of your life now must be built around being good enough to WEAR that gear. You must make yourself DESERVING of such power. Learn your weapons until you can disassemble them in your sleep, underwater with the lights out. Play airsoft or paintball on weekends, just for fun. Study the books. Run the woods in full gear until you ******* puke.

I hope you will hear my words. If you are a mall ninja, an operator wannabe, sell your guns now. If your "training" amounts to a few rounds a year and Call of Duty, give up and stop playing soldier. Forget all notions of being Rambo, of being Mad Max. When you have to don YOUR gear and weapons, it will be to live the live of a rogue. To kill for food, and to become a monster just to survive another day. Change your mindset now or give up trying to prepare for what's coming. When the end comes, just cower behind your bed and wait for the inevitable. It will be better that way.

When the lights go dark, the phones stop working and the shelves are bare, we must rely only on ourselves and each other to survive. In that world, everyone will have a role. The farmers will farm, the blacksmiths and craftsmen will build, and the merchant will sell. Someone has to be there to protect them, because the marauders will raid, the weak will die, and one way or another, you will have a role in that. Pick your side. The world will need police. The world will need sheep dogs. You have the gear my friend, and you talk the talk. Will you walk the walk?
How much will you charge for your "protection"

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
How much will you charge for your "protection"
To be fair, there is some validity to the claim. We had to do that in LA with Katrina. Emergency services were overwhelmed, so neighborhoods/communities were somewhat on their own for a while.

·
Banned
884 Posts
To be fair, there is some validity to the claim. We had to do that in LA with Katrina. Emergency services were overwhelmed, so neighborhoods/communities were somewhat on their own for a while.
What did you charge?
Or did you just make rules that had to be followed to gain your protection vs.
destruction?

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
What did you charge?
Or did you just make rules that had to be followed to gain your protection vs.
destruction?
Nothing. We protected our neighborhood and water from those outside the neighborhood.

Nothing more. :thumb:

Not everything is Hollywood-esque, end of the world type of things.

·
Banned
884 Posts
Nothing. We protected our neighborhood and water from those outside the neighborhood.

Nothing more. :thumb:

Not everything is Hollywood-esque, end of the world type of things.
I don't think that is what the OP has in mind when hes "protecting" the sheep

·
Registered
777 Posts

Assumption #1 Being able to afford top tier gear means you should be a delta seal ninja.
Assumption #2 Being able to afford top tier gear means you are now obliged to protect everyone else.
Assumption #3 Rapelling and knife fighting are essential SHTF skills.
Assumption #4 If your life doesn't revolve around training like a delta seal ninja, you don't deserve to have any top tier equipment.
Assumption #5 Airsoft and Paintball are in some way reminiscent of actual combat.
Assumption #6 If your life doesn't revolve around spending all of your money on training like a delta seal ninja, you will use your gear to kill and pillage the innocent.
Assumption #7 Unless you've trained for thousands of hours, you're essentially useless to anyone and should hide under your bed and wait to be killed.
Assumption #8 Farmers, artisans, merchants etc, are entirely incapable of protecting themselves.
Assumption #9 Being able to afford top tier gear means you also brag about owning said gear, whilst lacking lengthy training in its use.
Assumption #10 Rich guys with guns are the most important people in a society.

Not sure if I missed anything inbetween all the apparent jealousy and false bravado.

·
Learning
6,645 Posts
I think I've averaged 24 hours of professional gun training (classes that I take) each year for the past several years. However, I've never worn body armor during a class. I think I will this year.

I have played airsoft a few times and I wore body armor and a kevlar helmet. It wasn't so heavy/awkward that I would worry about wearing it post shtf. But I will add that I'm in fairly good shape (I play basketball weekly, volleyball weekly and I lift weights 3-5 hours per week).

But I do agree that professional training and/or 3 gun matches are great training grounds. You get to put your gear through hard use and you see what works and what doesn't. Which is very important. You don't know how many times I've had to rearrange gear and completely change gear.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts