Survivalist Forum banner

701 - 720 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, they are metal Bulgarian 40 round mags (5.45x39) and they all run flawlessly. I love them but yeah they look crazy! I’ll have to get a side by side pic of one next to my AR wiith a 40-round Magpul mag.
That's a Circle 10 45 round waffle magazine.

Don't cut yourself short 5 rounds.
Yup, Circle 10 are Bulgarian and you are right, they are 45 rounders! I had a slip of the memory there when typing. The Circle 10 30-rounders are also awesome for the record. AKs have so many fun funky magazine options, you know I had to get some Bakelite ones as well!

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
Here's a few of mine. I've got more in the album. Only ones I don't have a pic of is the Les Baer I had for almost 2 years & sold it for the same price I bought it for. I guess none of the M-16's I carried either. Most of my army pics if I'm carrying a weapon it's a pistol, or I'm on the gun (mortar).

·
If I had a voice I'd sing
7,138 Posts
Here is my latest, ladies and germs!

A .308 based on the DPMS pattern Aero upper and lower receiver. It took me about 8 months to build this, waiting for parts to go on sale. I was able to use some really good parts and keep the total under $1,300 including shipping. Which, for an AR-308 is pretty good. I know you can build a PA-10 for $500 or so if you're lucky and watch the sales, but this has a Geiselle trigger, Lantac nibo BCG, chrome lined barrel, pinned Geiselle gas block, BCM charging handle, etc. Hell just the SSA trigger and Lantac BCG together cost more than a PA10. NOT that I have a problem with PA10s! :thumb:

So far I've put about 60 rounds through it with no hitches at all. And the best part is that it weighs 7 pounds! (not counting the scope or mag). I REALLY wanted to build it with an A2 style fixed front sight and a drop in handguard, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the upper receiver rail height. But I think it turned out pretty good.

THEN I didn't have any mag pouches that would fit 308 mags so I built a chest rig just for this gun, using British milsurp mag pouches.

Here's a parts list. It also has a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6, not included in the list below. The sling is homemade, like all my slings. That way it works for me.

Subtotal $1,202.49 $66.95
Price Shipping
Aero M5 stripped lower receiver $75.00 $7.00
Aero M5 assembled upper receiver $99.00 $10.00
Aero M5 LPK $37.00 $7.00
BCM K5 buffer tube $45.00 $6.00
H3 AR15 carbine buffer $35.00 $-
Armalite AR10 Rifle Spring $8.00 $3.50
Aero castle nut $7.50 $-
End plate $- $-
Gieselle SSA Trigger $159.00 $7.00
Lantac 308 BCG $259.00 $10.00
Magpu MOE Pistol Grip $16.00 $-
BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle $45.00 $3.50
Midwest Industries Handguard MI-308SS12-DHM $156.70 $9.00
Stag 16" 308 Midlength Chrome Lined Barrel $180.00 $-
Muzzle Brake $15.00 $-
Geiselle Super Gas block (drilled and pinned) $39.00 $3.95
midlength gas tube $11.29 $-
Stock $15.00 $-

·
Registered
497 Posts
waiting to pick this guy up

today marks 194 days since purchased and 180 since it went pending.

Form 4s finally approved on aug 11th. waiting for them to come in the mail now. and my math was wrong some how it was 177 from the time it went pending until it got approved on the 11th.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
No way it should take 6months+ to get it. You need to call someone.
took 3 days shy of 6mos. to get it approved. not sure if you noticed but its an SBR and suppressor( not in the picture). so yea that mess takes 6-8 months on average with some folks waiting over a year right now. if you get caught up in the FBI background check for some reason that adds another 5+ months im glad I dont have a common name or red flags in my background.

funny thing some people buy 2 items at the same time like i did and one get held up while the other doesnt. or buy one that gets held up and another a month or 2 later and they get the 2nd one before the 1st one. .

·
MAGA
5,949 Posts
took 3 days shy of 6mos. to get it approved. not sure if you noticed but its an SBR and suppressor( not in the picture). so yea that mess takes 6-8 months on average with some folks waiting over a year right now. if you get caught up in the FBI background check for some reason that adds another 5+ months im glad I dont have a common name or red flags in my background.

funny thing some people buy 2 items at the same time like i did and one get held up while the other doesnt. or buy one that gets held up and another a month or 2 later and they get the 2nd one before the 1st one. .
Makes sense now.
Still sucks having to wait for a right to be expressed though.

·
Retired Army
5,529 Posts
I just got my 7.62x39 put together. Sorry for the hazy pic but, the humidity was so high my lens kept fogging up.

BCA upper and PSA lower. I intend to keep it with open sights. Same size as an M1 Carbine and close to the same weight too.

Al

·
Registered
497 Posts
updating my after i finally picked up last week.

my last few purchases.

Suppressors get how at stay hot for a while lol. next on the list is suppressor cover.

The p320 tacops rear sights decided to come off after shooting 40 rnds suppressed. a little disappointed but Sig is gonna make it right.

Attachments

701 - 720 of 734 Posts