Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been six months since Israel nuked Iran, which caused WW3. This resulted in North Korea lobbing nukes on us, sleeping terror cells detonating nukes and also destroying power grids. An EMP has rendered most electronics useless. Money is worthless. There is no power, no delivery trucks running, and no more welfare or food stamps. Martial law is in effect, but due to the mass chaos, law enforcement is a joke. Large cities have imploded. Armed gangs roam the streets taking whatever they want. Some small towns have banded together, and out of group survival, communism has gone into effect. With this bleak scenario as a backdrop, I am interested in how a week would be spent by a survivor, i.e. patrolling, harvesting crops, etc.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
Well. I am hoping you would see it coming. Like.... things start going nuts and you see that a world war is coming..... that's when you load up the truck, grab the gas cans, and head for the hills, drive in as far as you can, remove master fuse from truck's under hood fuse box, and put it somewhere you'll be able to find it if you actually ever can get back to the car and it's still there working when you come to it. Plan on walking as far into nowhere as you can, and carry as much as you reasonably can.
Also have enough extra in the truck that if you set up a base camp, and feel like risking it, you can go back to the truck and get more crap a few days later.
Set up shelter, and start planting some seeds. In the meantime hopefull you have a duffle or extra pack with nothing but dried foods like beans in it to hold you over for a few weeks, or more and try and hunt to ass to the beans or rice to supplement the meal.
Start getting to know your surroundings and find out what you can make work for you.
Start making temporary shelter, and then start working on somewhat hidden permanent shelter (IE dig out a hillside, or start longcutting some lumber) as well as harvesting ungodly amounts of firewood and covering it with one of those nice thin 20x20 tarps you have tied in your bugout pack (you did bring one didn't you?)
Hopefully you remembered some form of firearm, hopefully it has ammo, and hopefully you're not a lousy shot, or else it's time to set some snares.
So many things to do....... hope we survive. Sure would suck to die trying to escape death, wouldn't it?
Hopefully it's more than you and your wife. If there are 2 or 3 guys put 1 on woodcutting duty, and 2 on shelter. Then once shelters are made, get on wood chopping. Once you have an OK supply of wood start working on permanent shelter. Each worker taking a 1 hour break to patrol.
Make sure to add some form of treestand/lookout area in a tree to the construction list.
Get women gardening, taking care of kids, and pitching in where they can help or know what to do as well. At some point you would have shelter and a schedule for wood. Duties would be assigned, basic rules would be setup in your own survival form of government. Start talking about growing food and living food harvesting. Hopefully you brought that canister of salt with you to preserve some of the meat that might otherwise go to waste.
Also, hopefully, you can set up next to some form of fresh water source or withing a mile of one, and if it's snow/ice runoff it can offer some form of refrigeration or temporary food preservation if the food is bagged (you did bring a few plastic trash can liners, right?)
Basically building you own little colony and hopefully more useful people would show up, but not so many that everyone was fighting over shelter, food, and hopefully if there are kids around one of them isn't a pedophile.
Oh man..... there's no way to even start rationalizing this stuff, becasue there is nothing rational about it.
There can be some basic prep and knowledge, but the rest will be by the seat of our pants.

·
last of a dying breed
275 Posts
good question

If i and my small band(a couple soldiers from pa )didn't die after the nukes destroyed parts of NJ Ft. Dix and NYC (we have a plan if things head south.)
we head home gather our supply's weapons gas etc. meet a center area and head to our camp in the state forests not saying which one .:cool: Set up solar/generates build a couple more cabins etc. and live off our supplies till spring/summer and then live off land Hoping fallout isn't to bad we are about 100miles from Pittsburgh and i live about 50+ from the burg right now being there is one road heading to the camp and if you don't have 4X4 you ain't getting there its about 15miles off the roads. That our plan.:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would try to get some small livestock ( goats, chickens, rabbits, and maybe guinea pigs ) and also get my crops going and devote all of my time to finding water and other rations that I need to keep my crops going as that is what is feeding me, my family, and my livestock.

I would have at least one member of my family armed guarding with instruction to shoot to kill anyone that tried to take our rations.

You will only be able to trust yourself and hopefully your family but dont count on it.

I will be joining up with a small group of 10-20 men and women survivalists around the area to set up a small community where we can all help each other and get the crops and farm going ( and repopulate if it came to that )

we have our plan already set so its just waiting now

·
Super Moderator
12,204 Posts
I'd be out of medication and probably dead. If I wasn't, I would have moved to Winnemucca to my brother's place by that time, and we would have salvaged as much food as was available in the area.

If it's summer time I'd be tending the garden and orchard.

If it's fall, winter, or early spring I'd be spending a lot of time pulling guard duty and/or cutting wood to the best of my limited ability. If the human die off was great enough, and there was still game in the mountains (a real likelyhood out here) I'd be spending a limited time hunting.

We would be actively trying to get the local population organized for mutual benefit and protection.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
We would be actively trying to get the local population organized for mutual benefit and protection.
EXACTLY.
I need to keep a copy of the federalist papers in my alice pack so I know hos to set up our camp rules! haha
But seriously..... I agree with your statement.
I can honestly say that i there were any unnecessary aggression out of ANY of the members that was constant, or inappropriate behavior to the kids..... that person would be handed a few days worth of food and told to get lost. Probably blindfold them and take a hike for a few miles and let them go. There are far too many things to worry about without perverts and hot heads.

·
Registered
303 Posts
EXACTLY.

any unnecessary aggression out of ANY of the members that was constant, or inappropriate behavior to the kids..... that person would be handed a few days worth of food and told to get lost.

I agree and also disagree with that, if the "pervert" messes with kids in my camp he will not live to mess with kids in the next. I would never take a life for no reason but raping my son or daughter is a reason.

As for aggression, just strictly enforce the rules and if someone cant handle the camp rules then they leave like you said but I cant live with perverts and couldnt live knowing I sent a perv to the next camp to rape other kids or even adults.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me, it would largely depend on what time of the year it happens. Fall/winter, then I would attempt to get as much supplies as I can BEFORE the balloon goes up. Then I would focus on laying in supplies of firewood. I would start hunting, and hopefully be able to smoke or otherwise preserve some meat. I would immediately start rationing the food we have here. Water....well, we would have to reopen a well that was filled in for safety reasons a couple of years ago. As I have mentioned in another post, the hordes of crackheads and meth addicts from the projects would pose serious threats, so armed guard duty would be vital.

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
I agree and also disagree with that, if the "pervert" messes with kids in my camp he will not live to mess with kids in the next. I would never take a life for no reason but raping my son or daughter is a reason.
I didn't want to sound out of line and get in a huge fight with anyone here, but my true sentiment is that causing serious physical harm or sexual trauma to a child is a crime punishable by death in my book. Adults can cope even though it's horrible, but a child has no way to defend itself and you would see me take a life very quickly. This rule would be made very clear right off the cuff, and any form of disobedience would constitute a public beating or death. That is one thing I will NOT tolerate. If a man is beating his wife in the camp, the camp officials will punish him with a returned beating. Unnecessary violence or predator like behavior is unacceptable and will be returned with huge consequences.

·
Banned
880 Posts
i would join or start my own gang, and rove the land killing and stealing from survivalists with all their yummy stashed food and weapons. now i know how they think and where they go. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha kidding guys.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i would join or start my own gang, and rove the land killing and stealing from survivalists with all their yummy stashed food and weapons. now i know how they think and where they go. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha kidding guys.
you have just been officially un-invited from my camp lol

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
Any form of child molestation or abuse will not be tolerated by me either. This country has allowed these pieces of **** to become out of control.
I cant believe the way we are these days.

Guy that has been in jail 3 times for "inappropriate contact with a child, while in a position of trust" gets out and registers with a $20 fine every year.

A guy that has a sick dog and takes it out to a field to shoot it and put it down instead of letting it die in pain gets 8 years for animal cruelty.

Not in my world buddy.
You do anything to my kid you're gonna get your tongue cut out, and your wiener cut off and you're gonna spend a week chained in my cellar, and then... then I start really hurting you. Not my kid....... no chance. not a damn finger.

·
Banned
880 Posts
hey i agree with ya totally, if i was in charge it'd be first offense=death penalty immediatley after trial, and extremely painful horrible way.

i just didnt understand where that was comming from the thread was about post eotwawki stuff.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
If the Nukes didnt kill me outright, I'd be at work.....wherever the U.S. Army decides to send me to. Your scenerio had several countries tossin nukes at each other, so........................ pick one.;) Then again, if we nuked the bad guys back, they might decide to keep us stateside to help out here. Dont know for sure. My group would get along just fine w/out me.

FWIW, convicted child molestors get off to easy. Maybe that law would change after the WWIII scenerio?

·
Transplant
355 Posts
Depending on where the nukes were - would depend greatly on the plan. If they were close enough to worry about fallout but not immediate death I'd head to BOL and help my dad tape up and seal the house, prepared to bug in for a bit.

If I didnt have to worry about fallout, but general social SHTF... same BOL minus taped up windows. Set the security permimeters up, establish a basic fire watch schedule and get crackin on the garden/firewood pile...

If the roads were too bad to make it there, we'd bug in for a few days in hopes of it clearing up somewhat. If I had to I'd hike the ten miles there, but would have to leave a lot of supplies behind. If our vehicles couldn't make it, I'd borrow my moms Jeep... depending on road conditions observed along the way, and come back for them if possible. Of course I'd much rather stay with the supplies, but my parents is a better location than the apartment, and 4 is better than 2... and they don't have any preps, and only about 6 weeks worth of food, if that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey i agree with ya totally, if i was in charge it'd be first offense=death penalty immediatley after trial, and extremely painful horrible way.

i just didnt understand where that was comming from the thread was about post eotwawki stuff.

abuse to women and children will be inevitable as soooo many people will be killed by the initial attack and many guys are going to be out to do harm just fore they're own gratification.

Hurricane Katrina is a perfect example, a relatively localized disaster and the people raped, killed, and looted anything they could. That being said I have no problem with looting walmart if the shtf I plan to do what I have to do to survive and If I have to loot the wally world or sams club for a 6lb tub of peanut butter I will lol.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts