Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dprogram.net/2008/09/29/why-is-a-us-army-brigade-being-assigned-to-the-homeland/

Here is a small excerpt. Read the whole thing at the link above.

Several bloggers today have pointed to this obviously disturbing article from Army Times, which announces that “beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the [1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division] will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North” — “the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.” The article details:

They’ll learn new skills, use some of the ones they acquired in the war zone and more than likely will not be shot at while doing any of it.

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack. . . .

The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,” 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

“It’s a new modular package of nonlethal capabilities that they’re fielding. They’ve been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission we’re undertaking we were the first to get it.”

The package includes equipment to stand up a hasty road block; spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and, beanbag bullets.

“I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered,” said Cloutier, describing the experience as “your worst muscle cramp ever — times 10 throughout your whole body”. . . .

The brigade will not change its name, but the force will be known for the next year as a CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced “sea-smurf”).

Read the whole article...interesting read.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Don't like the sound of that at all.
... Be glad they're highlighting the non-lethal gear... To me that says *something* anyway.

Remember folks- our military are regular people like you and me. The government doesn't exactly give them stellar benefits or take great care of its Vets- that being the case- do you REALLY think they'd be so quick to favor Big Brother over Joe Public?

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
How about,

Putting them on our border with Mexico? That would lower the incoming rate of
illegals.(but give them back there normal weapons)

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
I have talked to a number of Military folks over the years at all levels of rank and one common thread with all of them was a worry in the Command and Control structure that the rank and file would split and cause a serious schisim if they were ever called to police and fight the American public.

Now keep in mind that this is all talk, but it really seemed to me that their being asked to fight citizens was a pretty contentious issue. I wouldn't really know what to expect IRL, but the talk has about half the military going AWOL and joining the resistance, if there were to be any.

Take it for what it's worth.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
They have a "plan b" from what I understand...

I have talked to a number of Military folks over the years at all levels of rank and one common thread with all of them was a worry in the Command and Control structure that the rank and file would split and cause a serious schisim if they were ever called to police and fight the American public.
I just saw this on one of kevs recents posts (4 vids linked together). It mentioned foreigners being used as their plan b. Maybe from "south of the border".
Great...just great, huh?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
my question is- what do they know that they aren't telling? they expecting an alien invasion or something?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What all this means is our government is plotting against us and we need to be ready for it. When the next so called "terrorist" attack happens don't be so quick to want war with the people they say are responsible.

They want all of us in total fear so we will turn to them for protection. Its a very old but very effective tactic. As for soldiers and police fighting us in the streets, look for the BlackWater crowd and a lot of new hires that will be released early from military service in order to work for such companies. Killing other Americans will be made a lot easier if your bank account is full of cash even if they are stupid enough to think that they will live to spend it.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Also, our military are given questionnaires that ask "are you willing to shoot citizens if ordered to do so",Those that answer yes,are kept here,those that answer no, will see duty overseas.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Remember, we train them as our sons and we send them to defend this nation. Will these sons and daughters return to harm us? Maybe not but you all know a foreign army could be brought in and then they have no other thought but to shoot us. Stay off the streets, load up ammo and guns and buy up plenty of gear and food. Take the rest from the soldiers. One at a time.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Does everyone remember, Operation “Garden Plot”?
Oh yeah, our loving government at its best.

"Annex A, section B of Operation Garden Plot defines tax protesters, militia groups, religious cults, and general anti-government dissenters as Disruptive Elements. This calls for the deadly force to be used against any extremist or dissident perpetrating any and all forms of civil disorder."

So in other words, if you resist you will be killed.

Reactions: test

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
what are the criteria that must be met in order for that to take effect?

·
Registered
62 Posts
my stepfather is an engineer for the largest supplier of non-lethal weapons in the world. it is an israelie owned company in western pa called combined tactical, it supplies non-lethals to almost every police force in america and to the military. when i asked his take on the bail-out and the economy he said it sucked but he could care less, production at the plant is at an all time high. he even went out and bought an 08 f-350 a few days ago. something to think about.

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
Remember, we train them as our sons and we send them to defend this nation. Will these sons and daughters return to harm us? Maybe not but you all know a foreign army could be brought in and then they have no other thought but to shoot us. Stay off the streets, load up ammo and guns and buy up plenty of gear and food. Take the rest from the soldiers. One at a time.
i promise it wont be as easy as your thinking. when it comes to the armed forces no matter what service you mess with one and youll bring a sh!tstorm upon yourself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts