Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porter on Vick: 'All it was was dogs'

Miami Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter commented on the possible reinstatement of former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and, as usual, Porter shot right from the lip, according to a report on EPSN.com. Vick was convicted for his role in a dogfighting ring and is serving time in a Kansas federal prison. He's scheduled to be released next summer.

"He's already been punished enough," said Porter (referring to Vick's possible reinstatement after serving his sentence), who owns a pair of pit bulls and a Maltese. "They gave him his penalty. He paid his penalty. What else should they do to him now?

"All it was was dogs. They act like they don't even like pit bulls anyway. That's the funny thing about it if you want to get back on that topic. I got pit bulls, I got to put them under a different breed just to travel. So you can't even fly pit bulls nowhere.

"It's a breed they don't care about. It's not like he was fighting cocker spaniels or something that they like. They don't really care too much about pit bulls."

Profootballtalk.com reported that Porter let his pitbull loose and it killed a miniature horse.

Source: ESPN.com Profootballtalk.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Porter-on-Vick-All-it-was-was-dogs-?urn=nfl,123957
What a scumbag.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Vick can jump off a tall bridge onto a concrete highway all I care, and I wish he would.

Behavior shown by Vick and many others is why I don;t support pro athletics nor will you find a single piece of NFL, NBA, MLB ect memorabilia or merchandise in my home. F-THEM!

You can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug.

If more people would do the same we wouldn't have these issues with these douche bags b/c they would still be back in the hood where they belong.

DON'T SUPPORT PRO SPORTS, YOU'RE JUST FUNDING THAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR!!!!! TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THAT ONLY STUPID PEOPLE WATCH PRO SPORTS.

·
6,686 Posts
When you support them in ANY way, even with ratings, you're condoning their behavior.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mike Vick is living proof that some dogs are actually better beings than some humans. As for pitbulls, they are no more inherently mean than a gay pink chihuahua. It's sh**stains like Vick that get their sense of manliness from abusing them that makes them mean. Ditto for the police dogs. You think they wanna get shot? Or maybe get their furry lil heads blown off "working" with the bomb squad? Hell no! Love and care for your dogs, people, and they would defend you to the death with no training at all. But for the Vicks and police of the world.....LEAVE THE FU***NG DOGS ALONE!

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
Mike Vick is living proof that some dogs are actually better beings than some humans. As for pitbulls, they are no more inherently mean than a gay pink chihuahua. It's sh**stains like Vick that get their sense of manliness from abusing them that makes them mean. Ditto for the police dogs. You think they wanna get shot? Or maybe get their furry lil heads blown off "working" with the bomb squad? Hell no! Love and care for your dogs, people, and they would defend you to the death with no training at all. But for the Vicks and police of the world.....LEAVE THE FU***NG DOGS ALONE!
I have to disagree with you on the pitbulls. They tend to be mean as hell. So do chihuahuas and most other ankle biters. Personally I tend to like pits but despise most ankle biters.

BTW, Vick is a piece of crap. :thumb:

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
My neighbors shot up a plot hound and I brought him home and nursed him back to health, now he is fat and happy, he's a big baby, real big. I also have a pit-boxer cross, and she is a baby as well, I have to disagree with you about pit bulls any dog will be vicious if you raise them to be that way, if you raise em right they wont be, and thats a fact.
I welcome argument but from my experiance with them, they wont be mean if you dont make them mean.

·
6,686 Posts
I could go on and on about how ridiculous of a statement this is, but I won't.
Un, how? You're helping to put $$$ in their pockets even by watching Monday night football, that supports their way of life so when you give the TV networks ratings, advertisers then pay the networks, and the networks pay the NFL, and the NFL pays the players. If no one was watching there would be no ad dollars and no corporate sponsorships going to the networks or the NFL.

Reactions: test

·
Registered
510 Posts
Un, how? You're helping to put $$$ in their pockets even by watching Monday night football, that supports their way of life so when you give the TV networks ratings, advertisers then pay the networks, and the networks pay the NFL, and the NFL pays the players. If no one was watching there would be no ad dollars and no corporate sponsorships going to the networks or the NFL.
First off, you said sports. I watch baseball the most, I watch the NFL sometimes.

Second, what do YOU support? Ever watch any shows? Movies? Go on the internet? Pay taxes?

I mean really, come on pal.

·
6,686 Posts
Baseball players are far from saints themselves...

I support my family and myself, past that, I don't support much except for a few charities that aren't financially top heavy. We only have one TV now days and all that's ever on it are financial channels during my work hours, no sitcoms here, no "American idol" or other mindless crap, and we don't miss it. We don;t even really know whats on "prime time" TV anymore or even TV in general, we don't even have a clue when people start talking about the latest sitcoms or sporting events, we just laugh at them for being mindless sheepish followers while they think the joke is on us. We don't go to movies, and if we watch one its usually on DVD and those are few and far between. Taxes? I pay as little taxes as possible, matter a fact I challenged my property reassessment from the county this year and won due to the overall property value decline nationwide! Internet? well I have to have it for work so my employer pays for it, if not it would just be dial up.

And you know what, after the wife and I cut back on the TV, movies, MTV , Hollywood entertainment crap ect, and just focused on ourselves and said to hell with all that crap they want us to watch and spend our money on, we're happier and closer now than ever. Rather than watch TV, we read, we exercise our minds, take a walk in the woods, sit on the dock and watch the sun go down and ignore the BS that the media, corporate America and the entertainment industry try to throw at us while they trying to take our money or our time.

Reactions: JackBohm

·
Registered
510 Posts
Baseball players are far from saints themselves...

Neither am I. Neither was Thomas Jefferson.

I support my family and myself, past that, I don't support much except for a few charities that aren't financially top heavy. We only have one TV now days and all that's ever on it are financial channels during my work hours, no sitcoms here, no "American idol" or other mindless crap, and we don't miss it. We don;t even really know whats on "prime time" TV anymore or even TV in general, we don't even have a clue when people start talking about the latest sitcoms or sporting events, we just laugh at them for being mindless sheepish followers while they think the joke is on us. We don't go to movies, and if we watch one its usually on DVD and those are few and far between. Taxes? I pay as little taxes as possible, matter a fact I challenged my property reassessment from the county this year and won due to the overall property value decline nationwide! Internet? well I have to have it for work so my employer pays for it, if not it would just be dial up.
K.

You don't think you are responsible and sane enough to enjoy pro-sports, television shows, etc without getting your mind into mush? I can.

As for my purpose of asking those questions...I don't think you quite got the point.

And you know what, after the wife and I cut back on the TV, movies, MTV , Hollywood entertainment crap ect, and just focused on ourselves and said to hell with all that crap they want us to watch and spend our money on, we're happier and closer now than ever. Rather than watch TV, we read, we exercise our minds, take a walk in the woods, sit on the dock and watch the sun go down and ignore the BS that the media, corporate America and the entertainment industry try to throw at us while they trying to take our money or our time.

I do all that, a lot. When I'm not hiking, taking pictures, writing short stories, attending concerts, viewing art galleries, working out...I may be watching the Philadelphia Phillies whom I love, with players such as this guy(who is gone now and this video was made when he played for the 'Cards):

I also watch TV from time to time. History Channel, Discovery, Seinfeld re-runs, etc. Just because you watch it doesn't mean you are part of it. It doesn't mean you are brainwashed, or that you have to go out and buy every last drop of product.

To call me, or anyone, stupid for watching pro-sports is well, stupid.

·
6,686 Posts
But like I stated before, even by watching you're contributing to it, and your contribution no matter how small pays the salaries of people like Vick and other thugs who masquerade as "professional" athletes.

Also we're plenty responsible to watch it without our minds becoming mush, used to watch TV sports and what not all the time, but why bother watching it in the first place when there are so many better things to be doing then vegging on a couch watching a kids game played by wanna be thugs who just want your money, your time or both? It's just stupid, and remember time IS money.

·
Registered
510 Posts
But like I stated before, even by watching you're contributing to it, and your contribution no matter how small pays the salaries of people like Vick and other thugs who masquerade as "professional" athletes.
I know what you said, and it is silly. You pay taxes, you contribute to the government you complain about so much.

This is a silly argument. Watching something doesn't mean they know I am. I'm not hooked up to any Nielsen boxes. Even if I was, I could just be watching it for research, or that I just left the TV on while I come on here...

There are far worse things you support than professional sports(if your definition of support is viewing it).
I happen to like them, I don't want them to go away. If the players break the law, bring them to justice(like Vick).

Also we're plenty responsible to watch it without our minds becoming mush, used to watch TV sports and what not all the time, but why bother watching it in the first place when there are so many better things to be doing then vegging on a couch watching a kids game played by wanna be thugs who just want your money, your time or both? It's just stupid, and remember time IS money.
Kids games? Right...

There are "better" things to do. Who knows, maybe I'm watching them to get a better idea on how to play the game better. All of these "kids games" can be awesome activities to help cardio/hand eye coordination that is necessary in any survival situation.

You don't have to "veg out" to watch TV...

Way to generalize on the thug thing, too. They want my money? They only money they get from me is what I choose to give them, it isn't much. Them being wealthy from playing sports doesn't bother me one bit, I'm not bitter from it.

What is stupid is calling people who watch pro-sports stupid.

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
My neighbors shot up a plot hound and I brought him home and nursed him back to health, now he is fat and happy, he's a big baby, real big. I also have a pit-boxer cross, and she is a baby as well, I have to disagree with you about pit bulls any dog will be vicious if you raise them to be that way, if you raise em right they wont be, and thats a fact.
My mother has a boxer/lab mix that is a very sweet dog.
I welcome argument but from my experience with them, they wont be mean if you dont make them mean.
Pits generally do not play well the other dogs and are likely not to play well with people either. I've never heard of a yellow lab mauling anybody to death. The fact is that is does not take much to make most pits mean. In my experience Chows are probably the meanest. Pit are just the most dangerous once they develop a bad temperament.

·
6,686 Posts
I know what you said, and it is silly. You pay taxes, you contribute to the government you complain about so much.

This is a silly argument. Watching something doesn't mean they know I am. I'm not hooked up to any Nielsen boxes. Even if I was, I could just be watching it for research, or that I just left the TV on while I come on here...

There are far worse things you support than professional sports(if your definition of support is viewing it).
I happen to like them, I don't want them to go away. If the players break the law, bring them to justice(like Vick).

Kids games? Right...

There are "better" things to do. Who knows, maybe I'm watching them to get a better idea on how to play the game better. All of these "kids games" can be awesome activities to help cardio/hand eye coordination that is necessary in any survival situation.

Way to generalize on the thug thing, too. They want my money? They only money they get from me is what I choose to give them, it isn't much. Them being wealthy from playing sports doesn't bother me one bit, I'm not bitter from it.

What is stupid is calling people who watch pro-sports stupid.
So do you run marathons holding a hand held TV?

Your taxes argument is beyond retarded, comparing money taken from me under the threat of force by the government to voluntary contributions to a bunch of media elites and ghetto thugs is BEYOND ASININE... I can be jailed for not paying my taxes (although illegally jailed, but jailed is jailed) My local pro sports can't do a damn thing to me if I refuse to give them anything.

Got digital cable? Or satellite TV? They know EXACTLY what you're watching, they don't need a Nielsen box, and since you're paying for their service, they're allowed to look at your viewing habits whenever they want, read you service agreement. Nielsen buys data from the cable and satellite companies every day...

Bring the players to justice? That's part of the issue, if anyone else but a pro athlete did what some of these guys do they would throw the rest of us under the jail and take everything we have, but since they're a pro athlete the get off easy and your support of them helps to continue this travesty of justice as well. Now what things do I support that are worse than a two tiered justice system and a bunch of thugs and media elites trying to separate me from my money or occupy my time and give me NOTHING for it in return? Also, why do you choose to give them anything? What have they ever done for you, what..... they've done nothing? Yea that's what I thought....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Meet "Miss Ditch Witch"

It has been my experiance that people who do not respect and value animals do not respect and value other people.

This little critter will not stay with us, but will be placed in a good home once she is over the Sacroptic Mange. The Bride bathes and dips her daily and is currently a tiny bit upset with me over a couple of itchy spots on her own arm:eek:

The name, well it went like this, narrow two lane, 1 ton pickup, out runs little puppy, PikeMike flys into the ditch :rolleyes: dang it, and I tell the Bride not to try to miss a critter 'cause she might get hurt;)

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
When you support them in ANY way, even with ratings, you're condoning their behavior.
Not all of the NFL are Vick.

The recently retired Mack Strong was an awesome player and very good role model imo. (big fan of the guy myself) Of course, Mack's clean lifestyle and dedication to sport and community isn't making headlines...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course, Mack's clean lifestyle and dedication to sport and community isn't making headlines...
A very excellent observation Hilda! The image of a moral role model is extinct from the media. No longer these sports heroes telling kids the right way to behave or be healthy. Instead we get story after story of partying and criminal activity and the hip hop culture injecting the negative lime light. Decadence at its highest.

As for Vic and Porter...they are both pieces of shlt. I guess animals shouldn't own animals.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts