Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anzio Ironworks 20mm take-down rifle

http://www.anzioironworks.com/20MM-TAKE-DOWN-RIFLE.htm

Features:
  • 3000 yard range
  • 1600 grain bullet
  • 3300 ft per second
  • Only weighs 39 pounds
  • Takes 20mm Vulcan ammo (percussion primed)
  • 5th wheel/gooseneck pickup truck mounts available!

$6800

Like zoinks, Scooby! :eek:

I'd like to have that Ford dually with the gimble bed mount for my personal BOV.

I've shot single-shot .50 caliber rifles before and the recoil wasn't as bad as the bark--similar to a shotgun firing slugs. But a 20mm is a whole 'nother ball game..

I wonder how accurate the thing is..?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'm really only into hunting rifles and one black rifle (Customized mini-14). But that would be awesome. I've shot the 20 mm before in the navy, effective range 1 mile. Walk them in and say good bye to the 50 gal barrel, it's actually 2.5 but that's alot of walking. If only I would win the lottery or have a rich uncle, i would think with that one you could sight it in and be fairly accurate, unlike crew served weapons in the navy.

Reactions: Filthy_McNasty

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'd say if you find yourself in a situation where you need something like that you already have lost.

I am not planning on ever having to engage the military because they always have more people and more firepower.

That is overkill for anything having to do with civilian!

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say if you find yourself in a situation where you need something like that you already have lost.

I am not planning on ever having to engage the military because they always have more people and more firepower.

That is overkill for anything having to do with civilian!
Opinions vary..

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With a 3300 FPS muzzle velocity and 3000 yard range, i think it would fit the bill for the Border Patrol very nicely.

They're quite intimidating, too:

Back a few of these duallies up along the Big River loaded with a bunch of RealTree camoflage-wearing ******** as a visual deterrent

You can only imagine how loud and concussive they are with that gigantic muzzle brake. Definitely double-up and use plugs AND muffs!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<♦>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Owning one of these isn't about "engaging .gov or going Rambo", it's about freedom and pride of ownership. If you can't understand that, at least respect it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have watched some marines playing with a single shot cannon built from a M61 vulcan barrel
It fire using a piezoelectric BBQ igniter.

I built them a mussel brake for it.

They took it to Iraq to use for road blocks, They planed to sand bag it so that it covered the gap in there k-rails at roadblocks. if any vehicle tried to run the roadblock the 20mm round would hit it head on.

The PGU-28/B SAPHEI round is bad news even the PGU-28/B TP rounds do a lot if damage.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/jhtml...ystems/munitions/images/pgu-28-image11.gif|||

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
That is amazing. Are there any other take down rifles in a more reasonable price range... but still in a sniper level caliber like 308 or 300 Mag?

I know there are 22s... but is there anything in a more serious caliber that is takedown? The only thing I've seen is a 50 Alaskan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts