Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems preparedness are getting more and more to the general public lately. Yahoo has had on it news last week on what to pack for distaster preparedness now today has a link to USA today about doomsday shelters. Sign of the times?

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
HAHA!

That's a good thing! The more people who prep, the less will be fighting for ours and the more people to count on for networking in the midst.

·
o||||o
729 Posts
It's a trend everyone is jumping on...if nothing, it makes amusing television shows and news and good internet marketing, but also, IMO, actually disillusions the masses in general. Simply too many people will only half-educate themselves, which is sometimes worse than being ignorant.

·
Registered
695 Posts
i know when i first started storing water in bottles in my apt, i thot i was a bit crazy, but i had been SOOL when our city water was contaminated for 3 days and I determined that was not going to happen again to me. then i began storing food, and the one neighbour who saw my food supply said i was a hoarder and was being silly. I have since let her beleive that I no longer store food and that I ate or gave away all of it. so now no one but me knows i have it.
as far as i am concerned, not enough people in Canada are preparing. more americans are and that is great. the more that are prepared, the fewer will be knocking at our doors destitute. but canadians better smarten up and get on board.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,446 Posts
Right up until our tin foil hatters, conspiracy freaks, chicken little's, lovers of empty predictions and other assorted riff raff from our midst start another round of "the sky is falling" that doesn't come true. Then we'll be right back in the "loony" bin and what few gains we made will be lost. This isn't the first time this cycle has happened. Each time we sabotage ourself from the inside.

We do more damage to our reputations with that crap. And with so many people spouting predictions and nobody getting it right, it's not going to save a single life if/when someone finally does. Even on these forums, a single thread will fill up with dozens of different predictions. We do love our predictions, don't we?

·
Zombie Hunter
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not after you: Kurt Cobain.

We can also thant the gov't for the prepping paranoia telling us all to duct tape our windows and that the computers are all going to crash.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Prepping info, in the mainstream, does seem to be on the upswing.

There is still not a lot said on defending you and yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts