Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take 4 or 5 slices of bread and tear or cut in to small pieces.
Take 2 large eggs beat and add honey to your personal taste two or three spoonfulls i find is good. Add a small amount of milk then cover the bread with the milk eggs and honey allow to soak in fully to absorb all liquid
( you can always add more if it needs it ) leave to soak for 30 mins. Take a frying pan on a low heat and place the mixture in it squashing it down and then cook it slowly. When cooked it ends up looking like an omlette & tastes really good.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Take 4 or 5 slices of bread and tear or cut in to small pieces.
Take 2 large eggs beat and add honey to your personal taste two or three spoonfulls i find is good. Add a small amount of milk then cover the bread with the milk eggs and honey allow to soak in fully to absorb all liquid
( you can always add more if it needs it ) leave to soak for 30 mins. Take a frying pan on a low heat and place the mixture in it squashing it down and then cook it slowly. When cooked it ends up looking like an omlette & tastes really good.
Sounds good! And Filling! :thumb:

Reactions: nologiks

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
ramen noodles
3 slices of cheese
handful of broken up beef jerky

Boil ramens
drain water
Add cheese and jerky.
Warm up in microwave
serve

I actually have this in my at the office supply kit and eat it every now and again at work when I can't get away for lunch. If you want to make it a Long term storage item. Replace the slices of cheese with cheese packs from Mac and cheese. It is dry cheese and will keep longer.

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
College kid's pasta salad:

Ramen (I prefer beef flavor for this)
Ranch dressing

Cook up the ramen like normal, then drain off the water. Add seasoning to noodles and then ranch. Thinking back at how salty this is, maybe use two packs of ramen, but only one pack of seasoning. Save the other pack for broth for another time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cheap lunch while hiking or for work - Put two packets of 2 minute noodles in a thermos flask. Take whatever vegetables are laying around in your refrigerator and dice up about a handful and stick them in the flask as well. Crumble up 1 stock cube and add it. If you have an egg, crack that and pour into the flask. Fill up with boiling water. When hungry, open the flask and eat. Delicious, cheap and portable and don't need a stove for a hot meal. We sometimes do this when hiling and pick bits of edible plant or herbs while walking to add to the mix, kids enjoy looking for the plants and takes their minds of sore feet if we are going a long way.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
This is one awesome thread, bunkies! Let's keep it going:

Easy Bruschetta

4 large tomatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 cups of black olives, sliced
1 cup of green olives, sliced
1/4 C. olive oil
cilantro and/or basil optional

Combine all ingredients in a skillet over medium heat until onions are tender. Serve with italian bread or, better yet, over angel hair pasta.

·
Adapt Improvise Overcome
236 Posts
Quick oats
Some raisins
Some nuts or seeds (sunflower seeds are quite cheap)

Mix in a bowl and pour in water (or milk if you prefer / can afford)

I take a bowl (steel bowl with a lid - don't forget a spoon!) of this to work sometimes and just add the water when it's my break time (I don't drink milk) it is cheap, nutritious and filling.

·
Time to wakeup not sleep
6 Posts
This is a variation of the ramen recipies posted. 2 ramens any flavors, mine are creamy chicken and limechili, boil them up in a pot add 1 egg, and cut up some sausage, and or bologna or ham, cook,eat on a cold day with bread or crackers. Will warm ya up on a cold night. Thats my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts