889 Posts
I like the cans of wasp spray that shoot the foamy stuff
about 6 feet away. Never have to get near them to do them
in.:thumb:

Sorry about the dog. Hope it recovers quickly

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ouch! Darn sorry to hear that. Guess it kinda comes with the territory. Our dog will stick his nose just about anywhere and the other day he decided to check out our electric fence - poor thing. He came running to me just yelping and with a few comfort hugs I guess he decided he wasn't gonna die and went running off chasing one of our cats up a tree.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Don't know how it would work for a dog, but putting vinegar on a wasp sting takes the burn of the sting away almost immediately. Maybe put a sopping wet wash cloth with vinegar on the sting (if you know where it is), so it can get through poochies fur and onto the sting?

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
My Great Dane snapped at a wasp as it went flying by him. He learned his lesson now he won't even look at something flying mear him!

·
www.chemflame.com
1,174 Posts
My dog got stung twice by wasps. First by snapping at it (now he is afraid of flyes or any flying insect) and the other by stepping on it. Dogs have a higher pain threshold then humans. He was fine after a hour.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,532 Posts
Don't know how it would work for a dog, but putting vinegar on a wasp sting takes the burn of the sting away almost immediately. Maybe put a sopping wet wash cloth with vinegar on the sting (if you know where it is), so it can get through poochies fur and onto the sting?
I've never tried vinegar on it, but all those sting kill treatments are is household ammonia and baking soda. And that works pretty well too. Make a paste and slather it on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've never tried vinegar on it, but all those sting kill treatments are is household ammonia and baking soda. And that works pretty well too. Make a paste and slather it on.
Vinegar works really good on ALL animal stings I've encountered, bee, wasp, jellyfish, etc.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
Growing up i got stung ALL the time (so did the dog).

Mom would break open a smoke and mix the tobacco w/ spit and put it on the bite or just meat tenderizer and spit and make a paste as said earlier. It really would take the swelling away.
Remember if the stinger is still in you SCRAPE it out, NOT SQUEEZE-you will just pump more poison in you!!
Good luck!!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts