Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did God become a wimp? When did people decide that God is only a God of love, peace, and tolerance? Did God suddenly become politically correct?

Many people look at this picture of Jesus and think that it is funny. I find it to actually be blasphemous. Truly look at the picture. There are several things that can be conveyed from this "Buddy Jesus". The first thing that I notice is the wink in his eye. The second thing that I notice is big heart on his chest. The third thing I notice is the point and thumbs up. This picture says that Jesus is our buddy, He turns a blind eye to our wrongs, and He gives us the thumbs up so that we get that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

The sad thing about this whole picture is that there are many who call themselves Christians who assume that Jesus is that way. They assume that God will just turn a blind eye to their sins and give them the thumbs up anyway. These so-called Christians are proud of their sin and choose to continue to walk in their ways because "after all, God is a God of mercy and love... God is tolerant and so should all His followers be". Oh, don't point out sin for what it is because that is not 'politically correct'.

So, when did God become a wimp? What happened to God is a God of justice? What happened to God is a jealous God? What happened to God is a God who can not stand to look at our sin because it is so detestable to Him? Brothers, Sisters, Friends: God has NOT changed. He is still ALL of these things. God is not a God of political correctness. Believe me when I say that He WILL call you out on your sin. You will be judged according to what you have done. He does NOT want you to put anything before Him. If you cannot accept God for the fullness of who HE is, then you reject Him as a whole.

God is not a God of warm and fuzzies. He is not a God of only mercy. He is not your "Buddy". He is to be respected and revered, honored and feared. Acknowledge Him for who He is, not for who you want Him to be. He is not tolerant of our sins and He is certainly NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
God is not a God of warm and fuzzies. He is not a God of only mercy. He is not your "Buddy". He is to be respected and revered, honored and feared. Acknowledge Him for who He is, not for who you want Him to be. He is not tolerant of our sins and He is certainly NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.
You see, we agree. Political correctness sucks. It is always a run around thinking.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You see, we agree. Political correctness sucks. It is always a run around thinking.
It's been while since you and I have agreed on something. Thanks for finding something you agree with :)

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I keep telling everyone that SR isn't a bad dude.

Thanks for a fantastic post 4giv. It's hard to stand for anything in our melting pot of multiculturalism. Whatever you stand for will automatically offend someone.

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men (and women) do nothing’

Reactions: 4giv3n1

·
Registered
497 Posts
Your right though. God very clearly states as does Jesus what a sin is and what isn't.
I am going to hell I am married to a divorced women. She did the divorcing so we commit adultery fairly often ;). Sorry about being flip and are raising 1 step child and 2 children together and we celebrated 12 years together last year.

Mark 10
2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. 3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. 11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery

Well if shes going to hell so am I rather be with her then not.

When did people forget John 14:6-7

John 14:6-7 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

It's odd to me I have so many trying to convince me other wise and I am trying to understand it. This clearly states the way to heaven is only through Jesus. No how each of us reacts to this and other laws within the bible maybe different but I can't see away around this very simple statement.

By the way no I am not trying to tear your belief down if you can live with this then so be it, I can't sorry.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Your right though. God very clearly states as does Jesus what a sin is and what isn't.
I am going to hell I am married to a divorced women. She did the divorcing so we commit adultery fairly often ;). Sorry to being flip and are raising I step child and 2 lovely children together and we celebrated 12 years together last year.

Mark 10
2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. 3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
10 And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. 11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery

Well if shes going to hell so am I rather be with her then not.

When did people forget John 14:6-7

John 14:6-7 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

It's odd to me I have so many trying to convince me other wise and I am trying to understand it. This clearly states the way to heaven is only through Jesus. No how each of us reacts to this and other laws within the bible maybe different but I can't see away around this very simple statement.

By the way no I am not trying to tear your belief down if you can live with this then so be it, I can't sorry.
That won't send you to hell compboy. I'm on my third marriage. Though I believe we should try to make our marriages work there are some circumstances beyond our control. Trust in Jesus Christ and try to follow His example. Believe that He is the Son of God and have faith in Him. You, too, can see the Kingdom of God.

Reactions: temu and 4giv3n1

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That won't send you to hell compboy. I'm on my third marriage. Though I believe we should try to make our marriages work there are some circumstances beyond our control. Trust in Jesus Christ and try to follow His example. Believe that He is the Son of God and have faith in Him. You, too, can see the Kingdom of God.
Amen to that!

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, they're messing with the concept. There was the same furor over this, the original laughing Jesus:

http://soulmerlin.com/almanack/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/laughing-jesus-13.jpg

It's been around for about 30 years and caused quite a stir way back when. It's like putting George Washington in a leisure suit....
I hadn't seen that before. I believe that Jesus laughed so a drawing of him laughing wouldn't seem blasphemous to me. However, I don't know the reason behind the drawing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
There are other issue to as I have trouble with the john part of this post
I'm rejected the church, Christ and God because of my belief that all those who died before the message came to them will be sent to hell. I don't mean the Jews. I am talking about the Natives of this continent and others before the arrival of the missions here and other parts of the world those people no matter what are going to hell. The Jews had the commandments and the limits God placed on them there were a lot of people that never received the laws. When the died they went to hell. Right now there are children being born in families and becoming adults that literally don't allow the religion to be taught to in any form except theirs.

This is he reason I rejected it the Wife came after I had left to look into other faiths. I can't follow a God that did this. I am sorry.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
There are other issue to as I have trouble with the john part of this post
I'm rejected the church, Christ and God because of my belief that all those who died before the message came to them will be sent to hell. I don't mean the Jews. I am talking about the Natives of this continent and others before the arrival of the missions here and other parts of the world those people no matter what are going to hell. The Jews had the commandments and the limits God placed on them there were a lot of people that never received the laws. When the died they went to hell. Right now there are children being born in families and becoming adults that literally don't allow the religion to be taught to in any form except theirs.

This is he reason I rejected it the Wife came after I had left to look into other faiths. I can't follow a God that did this. I am sorry.
Well...this is a post about being politically correct. I would love to discuss this with you in the PM function. I believe you have misinterpreted some things and I would be glad to talk to you more if you're interested.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well...this is a post about being politically correct. I would love to discuss this with you in the PM function. I believe you have misinterpreted some things and I would be glad to talk to you more if you're interested.
I thought this was about being accurate and saying a sin is a sin.
Not losing sight of what Christ said we both know it is a possibility that in fact those who had not heard Christ before death did in fact go to hell.
I am okay with the idea that this is the case. I know what your going to say but I have always tried to follow what Christ said as the law of God he was the voice after all. The bible may have issues but I listen to what Christ said if you want me to believe I have to hear it from Christ as the voice of God. God destroyed many lives in the old Books the flood, I'm sure not everyone was guilty, Sodom Gomorrah. Ordered a man to kill his own son then relented.

This is the stuff people don't talk about any more because it isn't the fluffy God people wish him to be. They want to know he will love them no matter what. God doesn't compromise he doesn't see that things are not as we want them to be. The rules he gives us are absolute from his own son in the New Testament. We have to accept what is said as the absolute truth and rule of law. That is the way the bible was explained to me. I had issue my Minister told me to stick to the messages Christ had laid down and the rules he gave us. Thinking I personal believe I would only read some of them and grow tired of it I read them the whole versus came back more confused and conflicted. That's why I am where I am.

But I would gladly except an off topic discussion of this as a PM. I really do enjoy talking to you as you are one of the better people to talk to. I have discussed at great lengths with both Muslims, Christians, Wiccans, Asatru Natives Elders on other boards before this one and I am always open to discussions about what is most important in the world Religion. After everything finally does fall apart this all we have really. By the way you don't have to ask nor does anyone in regards to a PM. Generally I will be more open about my personally beliefs as a PM is not posted on a public board and therefore is not restricted by the limitation Kev put on the Public end of the board just to let you know.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
compboy;256804]I thought this was about being accurate and saying a sin is a sin. Not losing sight of what Christ said we both know it is a possibility that in fact those who had not heard Christ before death did in fact go to hell. I am okay with the idea that this is the case. I know what your going to say but I have always tried to follow what Christ said as the law of God he was the voice after all. The bible may have issues but I listen to what Christ said if you want me to believe I have to hear it from Christ as the voice of God. God destroyed many lives in the old Books the flood, I'm sure not everyone was guilty, Sodom Gomorrah. Ordered a man to kill his own son then relented.
God knows all and knew what He was doing when He sent a worldwide flood. All those who died "pre-Jesus" have since heard the gospel message and have had the opportunity to accept Christ. Christ, I believe, preached the message to them after He died on the cross but before the resurrection. Why do you think that others were resurrected at the same time that Christ was resurrected? God's love knows no bounds.

This is the stuff people don't talk about any more because it isn't the fluffy God people wish him to be. They want to know he will love them no matter what. God doesn't compromise he doesn't see that things are not as we want them to be. The rules he gives us are absolute from his own son in the New Testament. We have to accept what is said as the absolute truth and rule of law. That is the way the bible was explained to me. I had issue my Minister told me to stick to the messages Christ had laid down and the rules he gave us. Thinking I personal believe I would only read some of them and grow tired of it I read them the whole versus came back more confused and conflicted. That's why I am where I am.
I agree with the first half of your statement completely. As for the second half, I must say that I admire the fact that you're searching for the truth and that you seem to be open to hearing it. Secondly, I don't know your conflicts with the Word but I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that if you ask God with the expectation that He will answer that He will. Probably not in the manner that you might expect but He will answer. The Bible says, "search the Scriptures" and it says, "study to show thyself approved..." Keep searching and studying and praying and you'll be teaching us a few things.

Beautiful passage. Truth!

But I would gladly except an off topic discussion of this as a PM. I really do enjoy talking to you as you are one of the better people to talk to. I have discussed at great lengths with both Muslims, Christians, Wiccans, Asatru Natives Elders on other boards before this one and I am always open to discussions about what is most important in the world Religion. After everything finally does fall apart this all we have really. By the way you don't have to ask nor does anyone in regards to a PM. Generally I will be more open about my personally beliefs as a PM is not posted on a public board and therefore is not restricted by the limitation Kev put on the Public end of the board just to let you know.
Too bad you didn't live in the Denver area. There are 4 of us who opened a Skypes account and are beginning a Bible study online where we can audibly discuss Bible topics while we type our ideas at the same time. We're planning on getting together once a month in person for the purpose of making actual SHTF plans. Gotta get ready for work so I'll talk to you later. God bless.

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts

Many people look at this picture of Jesus and think that it is funny. I find it to actually be blasphemous. Truly look at the picture. There are several things that can be conveyed from this "Buddy Jesus". The first thing that I notice is the wink in his eye. The second thing that I notice is big heart on his chest. The third thing I notice is the point and thumbs up. This picture says that Jesus is our buddy, He turns a blind eye to our wrongs, and He gives us the thumbs up so that we get that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
I'm confused here. Isn't forgiveness and the idea of having a "personal relationship" with Jesus this exactly? The idea that Jesus has forgiven you your wrongs, and that you can call on Jesus at any time for any reason? That he "comforts" you?

IMO, the Buddy Christ shows in stark relief the nature of the Christian concept of Jesus. You get to see how outsiders view your relationship, so maybe you'd like to reconsider how you present that relationship to us.

I have owned a small Buddy Christ since shortly after Dogma was released. I find it always amusing, and sits reverently on my desk. How can this be blasphemy?

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
The Holy Scriptures paint a picture of Christ's character in words. Christ's mission on this earth was of a serious and sometimes solemn nature. Yes He healed. Yes He had compassion for the downtrodden. Yes, there were times He showed His anger. And sometimes He showed His joy. He knew in advance that He was going to die a painful, humiliating death on a cross with the eyes of many upon Him.

The following pictures depict how I personally envision Christ. This is just my opinion.

[URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_070_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_070_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_065_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_065_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_026_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_026_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/images/passion_icon.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/images/passion_icon.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_180_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_180_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_185_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_185_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_162_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_162_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_078_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_078_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_111_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_111_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL] [URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_199_small.jpg"][URL="http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Jesus_Pictures/Jesus_199_small.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

All of these pictures were drawn by the hand of man so I have no idea how accurate any one of them are. I also don't put stock in icons and idols. In other words, I don't worship pictures by praying to them or kissing them as I have seen some do. I simply have a picture of Christ in my mind's eye and these pictures sort of represent my understanding of the Man, the Son of God. He wasn't a cartoon character nor was He a used car salesman as the "buddy christ" depicts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts