Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police say Texan decapitated wife with chain saw
By JEFF CARLTON, Associated Press Writer Jeff Carlton, Associated Press Writer – 24 mins ago
DALLAS – Police searched Wednesday for a Texas man authorities say used two chain saws to decapitate his wife before leaving her body in the street near their suburban Dallas home.

Maria Corona's body was found around 11 a.m. Monday by a postal worker outside the family's one-story brick home in Lewisville, located about 25 miles outside Dallas, authorities said.

Police arrived at the home, shortly after the mail carrier called 911, and found a trail of blood from the body to the home, according to a search warrant affidavit. Two chain saws with blades covered in blood were on the tailgate of a pickup truck in the driveway. One of the chain saws was still running, the affidavit said.

Police said an arrest warrant had been issued for 49-year-old Jose Fernando Corona, charging him with the murder of his wife.

"Witnesses in the neighborhood did hear a chain saw running, but that was all they heard," Lewisville police Capt. Kevin Deaver said. "It was an extremely gruesome scene. The method of death was brutal."

The couple's daughter Carla Corona, 23, and her husband, Freddie Arellano, who also lived at the home, showed up after police were at the scene. Arellano told police he and his wife were picking up their daughter from school when Jose Corona called them and said he "had done it, he had killed her and was going to drag her body next door," according to the affidavit.

Carla Corona and Arellano did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner released autopsy results Wednesday that said Maria Corona was alive when she was decapitated. The cause of death was multiple chain saw injuries "due to assault by another person."

Jose Corona has no prior criminal history, Deaver said. Police, who declined to release the postal worker's 911 call, had never responded before to the home for any type of disturbance.

Police, noting that Jose Corona had friends and family across the state and Mexico, have asked state and federal authorities for help locating him.

He was last seen driving a gold-colored 1991 Ford Ranger pickup truck, which police said he stole from a car dealership after taking it for a test drive about three hours after the killing.

The Toyota SUV police believe Corona left his home in was found Wednesday abandoned in a parking lot in Bedford, a Dallas-Fort Worth suburb. Police said they were getting a search warrant for the vehicle.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_chainsaw_death

·
Registered
204 Posts
Amen to that Texas Pete ..."I hope he is stupid enough to hide in Texas". I'm Texas born but live in Florida. He wouldn't last here either. Our police depts. don't take this stuff passively when it comes to this X!!##. He would be making a trip to the emergency room and be put on life support before he would make it to jail.

·
Banned
7,205 Posts
I had to... nobody else would do it!:rolleyes:

terrible thing to do.. sheesh

Attachments

Reactions: The Dark One

·
Consent Withdrawn!
2,020 Posts
A former boss of mine asked me what one million "abused" women had in common. "I have no idea", I replied.

"They didn't know when to shut up", he said.

I still don't know what he was talking about. :eek::(:taped:

·
I'll bring the rope.
1,354 Posts
Liftranger, that type of hateful misogyny has no place on this board, let alone society as a whole. It is comments like that which serve to demean and devalue women, and I for one want no part of it.

That said, what do you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing; you already told her twice!

·
some strange Nordic man
1,103 Posts
WHY would you use a chainsaw? There are probably a hundred other potential murder weapons that don't require you to **** around and start it up.

The guy was obviously off his rocker. Either his wife made him really mad or he just assumed, randomly and probably with the help of PCP, that she was a gigantic, pink demon (or those spectres.. oh man) and decided to Doom marine the place up.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Police, noting that Jose Corona had friends and family across the state and Mexico, have asked state and federal authorities for help locating him.
...sigh...

·
Tough Chick
2,981 Posts
Having worked as a volunteer in a women's shelter... I find some of the "jokes" in this thread disturbing and sad. There is nothing funny about true abuse. That said, abuse can go both directions.

The article cited said that the police had never responded to a call at that location and the man had no prior record. That doesn't surprise me as the Hispanic community is typically very tight-lipped about what they consider "family" matters.

The real eye-opener in this thread is for all the women like me who read this and think that some of you men believe that abuse is funny. If you've ever met an abused woman, you wouldn't think so. (again, referring to actual abuse, not someone who cries wolf because he wouldn't hand over the remote during the game)

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
Cold blooded stuff people....You watch, the crazies are coming. Get the BOB/BIB ready.....The bad stuff is not a nuclear weapon, massive quake, Asteroid, etc...It is the crazy ass people that will try to take what you have when something less threatening happens...like Immigration issues, loss of jobs, Massive home foreclosures, Governmental limitations on income.....Something will happen and the crazies will start popping up everywhere. People are crazy, now introduce desperation to the mix and you will get a serious problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.