Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· awake and aware
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These police officers were helping themselves to Walmart shoes and when they got caught they said they were 'looking for looters'.

Now keep in mind that these police officers were not what I would call quality but during times of emergencies don't count on them to even follow the laws they are supposed to protect.

· Banned
486 Posts
IF they wanted to protect the store from looters they would have chained the doors. Why would you loot wally-world? If I was to loot it would be jewelry stores and stores with valuable equipment. I wouldnt loot cheap chinese made trinkets.

Those arent cops. They are meter maids.

· Information is Ammunition
22,087 Posts
a few days ago- I noticed that one of the office buildings one one of my patrol stops had been left open by the cleaning crew. I called it in and was told to clear the building. On my inspection I found that an office suite had been left open too and was full of electronics, including a camera that looked to be very valuable. This building has NO camera system, and it would have been very easy for me to have made off with any of it.

unfortunately I have this disease called 'a conscience' lol

Reactions: Brew

· Registered
18,806 Posts
I think it's fairly representative of the entitlement mentality of segments of the population in general. All the looters were getting 'theirs' so the cops shown in the video figured they were going to make sure they got their piece of the pie as well.

It's fascinatingly disgusting to watch as they weren't taking anything that they needed. They were just stealing to steal.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,244 Posts
I was in that very same walmart just before Wilma came through. Walmart has declared it a loss and decided to let public safety personnel help themselves to whatever they needed. NOPD had placed a guard at the entrance and only allowed police, fire and EMS personnel inside.

We had gone in looking for rain gear since Wilma was going to come through in 24 hours. I can tell you that the "essentials" came from the following areas of the store:

Electronics
Guns/Ammo
Pharmacy
Alcohol
Shoes
Hairweaves
Jewelry/nails
Makeup
Clothing
Kitchen Appliances

This walmart suffered no water damage whatsoever. The canned and packaged foods and non-alcoholic beverages were relatively untouched on the shelves--including bottled water. The same for personal hygene items, anything educational, camping and sewing/artistic.

We found plenty of rain gear and muck boots. We also got some dry pet food to assist the animal rescue groups that were on their own as well as some Zythromiacin packs to bring to the Physician at our compound (it was the only thing that worked on the rashes people got from exposure to the flood water-aka "The Katrina Pox").

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,244 Posts
Now that is very interesting. I may have to add a cache location to my list of scavenging locations after SHTF and the people are mostly gone.

-Cade
I noticed the same trend in the convienence stores as well--plenty of bottled fluids and canned goods. It was the cigarettes, alcohol and scratch off lottery tickets that were picked over.

· Registered
1,752 Posts
I noticed the same trend in the convienence stores as well--plenty of bottled fluids and canned goods. It was the cigarettes, alcohol and scratch off lottery tickets that were picked over.
I can verify that statement. The company I worked for hauled off a lot of the trash from these stores. Plenty of food, water and other items that can be used to survive, like charcoal, batteries etc. All left behind. We cleaned out Walmarts, grocery stores convenience stores etc, all the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.