Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dismember
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Constantly blocking my screen, driving me batty. I want them all to go away. I'm new to windows 10, and the overly helpfulness is annoying.

Windows 10, Chrome 80

EDIT: Just to be more clear, everything I try to click on, such as a checkbox or an item, is blocked by these frames. Use of my cursor provokes these and all of their annoying brothers to pop up and visually block access.

Can somebody at least tell me what this element is called, so I can look for a solution?

Attachments

·
Generator Wrangler
3,833 Posts
Constantly blocking my screen, driving me batty. I want them all to go away. I'm new to windows 10, and the overly helpfulness is annoying.

Windows 10, Chrome 80

EDIT: Just to be more clear, everything I try to click on, such as a checkbox or an item, is blocked by these frames. Use of my cursor provokes these and all of their annoying brothers to pop up and visually block access.

Can somebody at least tell me what this element is called, so I can look for a solution?
I don't what you call it but I can get the same pop up with a right click of the mouse.

·
gard'ner
905 Posts

I did a right-click to get that menu...

What is the right click menu called?
A context menu (also called contextual, shortcut, and pop up or pop-up menu) is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears upon user interaction, such as a right-click mouse operation.
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Context_menu
Context menu - Wikipedia
Click anywhere else on the page to get it to go away...

Attachments

·
Dismember
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's goes away with a click, and then pops up elsewhere on the page, blocking content, photos, and check-out math on ordering pages. It's incessant and insistent.
Perhaps I can get rid of it now that I have better google-fu terms.

·
Dismember
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goes away. But it plays whack-a-mole and pops up on another place on the page.

When you go back to your original checkbox or whatever, it pops up over that!

·
Registered
599 Posts
It goes away. But it plays whack-a-mole and pops up on another place on the page.

When you go back to your original checkbox or whatever, it pops up over that!
I suspect there is a mechanical problem with your right mouse button (partially stuck or has something jammed in the switch. You can try blowing compressed air under the button to see if it clears it out. If it's a desktop, I'd buy a new mouse to see if the problem goes away. A laptop would be more of a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts