Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have done something really bad i think. I made an order at Gunny's Surplus. First of all you should know that i am 15 years old and didn't read the reviews on his company till after he charged my card which by the way is a visa gift card:( I was trying to get a bunch of gear together before Christmas break cause I'm going to my papas which is 50 acres in eastern Washington. Once i read about the reviews i immediately emailed him to cancel my order. Waited 1 day no response. 2 days no response. so i called him and no answer. Emailed him again waited 2 days with no response. Now i am trying to call him but his message box is full(hm i wonder why??) so i cant get a hold of him. My order was 100 dollars and to me that's a lot cause it took me about 1 month to make. Do any of you guys have suggestions for me or know him so i can get a hold of him. Thank you all and happy holidays:)

·
Board Supporter
2,050 Posts
Okay i have done something really bad i think. I made an order at Gunny's Surplus. First of all you should know that i am 15 years old and didn't read the reviews on his company till after he charged my card which by the way is a visa gift card:( I was trying to get a bunch of gear together before Christmas break cause I'm going to my papas which is 50 acres in eastern Washington. Once i read about the reviews i immediately emailed him to cancel my order. Waited 1 day no response. 2 days no response. so i called him and no answer. Emailed him again waited 2 days with no response. Now i am trying to call him but his message box is full(hm i wonder why??) so i cant get a hold of him. My order was 100 dollars and to me that's a lot cause it took me about 1 month to make. Do any of you guys have suggestions for me or know him so i can get a hold of him. Thank you all and happy holidays:)
I might be wrong, but I believe if you make a purchase with a credit card, you have five days to cancel the purchase. There should be a credit card company name on the back of the card with a phone number. Call the people who issued the card and tell them what happened. Ask them to cancel the order and remove the funds from his account or ask them what you can do.
Hope this maybe helps.
Graywolf

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,429 Posts
Call the credit card company ASAP. IF, there was somethin you were not eligible to buy, tell them that too, knives etc. 18 or older to buy etc.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called them and they said if he doesnt agree to cancel the order and give me my money back they cant cancel it i would have to file a dispute it will take 45 to 90 days..

·
Registered
410 Posts
well kid, chalk this up to a learning experience... 45-90 days is forever when your 15...

not trying to run your nose in it here, and hopefully you get the stuff you ordered and its in good shape...

now you know where the saying "older and wiser" comes from..

-MadMike

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
If I may recommend, you are a member of a fine forum here. Folks here have lots of experience. next time, ask some opinions. Not trying to bash you, just a suggestion. Theres a million years experience right at your finger tips.

·
Good news everyone
524 Posts
You should contact your state attorney generals office and inform them of the problem. Might help move things along a little faster.
Dave

·
Registered
558 Posts
The domain name of "GUNNYSSURPLUS.COM" is registered to Randy Yoakum, located in Union, Ohio. (937) 545-6836 Fax -- (937) 832-1425

Doing a basic Google search for Randy Yoakum in Union, Ohio netted this information: (937) 771-0105 709 N Main St, Union, OH 45322, which just happens to be the same address that Gunny's Surplus is located.

He also seems to be the owner, or once owner of a market located at 607 N. Main St, Union OH. http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/co...hbors/2008/11/20/ddn112008bzmarketcloses.html

According to the following article, he is the executive vice president of Dura-Crete, Inc., Dayton, Ohio. http://concreteproducts.com/mag/concrete_precast_news_developments_16/

If you are unsure of the laws of Ohio, where the business is located, you can call the OH AGs office at (800) 282-0515 and make sure you mention to them you are only 15 and paid with a credit card (yes I know its a gift card however, if it has Visa or Master Card on it, its still processed as a credit card, just a prepaid one).

If you wanting to cancel your order falls within the laws of Ohio, and he refuses to cancel, here is where you make your complaint: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ConsumerComplaint

1 - 18 of 18 Posts