Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the dollar crash occuring before our eyes, I wanted to share ideas on how everyone is playing defense/saving money.
some things I am doing.
Driving a 49cc scooter (88mpg) to and from work
wife is clipping coupons and we buy alot of stuff in bulk.
recycleing aluminum cans
eating at home much more
no cable
started my first little garden
shop second hand from pawn and craigs list alot

wanted to hear other peoples good ideas for saving money.

·
Veritas Aequitas
1,956 Posts
Interesting topic.

Typically one guards against currency devaluation by SPENDING all of their dollars...not saving them. By spending dollars you convert your wealth to other assets and keep your exposure to The Fed policies (aka "perpetual inflation") at a minimum.

If you truly think that a dollar crash is around the corner then take it a step further and convert all that extra fiat to something that will retain value ASAP.

·
1 Thessalonians 4:11
437 Posts
Tangibles like the 4 B's?

Beans
Bullets
Band-Aids
Bullion

I can save an around $35-40 a week driving my motorcycle to work instead of my truck. I'm using this "savings" to make micro-investments in tangibles.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Interesting topic.

Typically one guards against currency devaluation by SPENDING all of their dollars...not saving them. By spending dollars you convert your wealth to other assets and keep your exposure to The Fed policies (aka "perpetual inflation") at a minimum.

If you truly think that a dollar crash is around the corner then take it a step further and convert all that extra fiat to something that will retain value ASAP.
Still gotta keep enough cash around in case of a bank holiday. It still scares me about the amount of value I am loosing by keeping about 3+ months of cash in the stash. I just started summer work so I can possibly invest in some more PMs with some of the cushion cash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts