Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I store corn for attracting deer and other critters in the black 63 gallon barrels that have gasket lids and screw on seal rings. I caught a grown black bear on my trail cams roll one all over my yard trying to get in it, but not even come close. Those are pretty tough and seal pretty nicely too. My local hardware store carries them, contained pickles so no harmful residue, twenty bucks each.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was going to buy some water barrels. People want $50 each for them around here, used, and like $175 at retailers. I offered one person on the marketplace $50 for three barrels that she was asking $150 for. She countered back at $199. WTF is wrong with people these days? Or am I just totally out of touch?

I dunno what they are smokin' but it must be some pretty good stuff. And $500 for one of those square 250 gallon tanks at Tractor Supply - I guess only the wealthy are going to be able to be prepared heading into the future.
I don't know where you are, but in my area I have bought 63 gallon barrels for twenty bucks and the square tanks (IBC totes) for fifty to a hundred, complete with a two inch ball valve and quick coupler. Have you also looked on craigslist?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts