Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may hit a nerve here with this, but before I go on let me preface this with "I ain't no witch and I believe in God, yet I am tolerate of anyone who can teach me something."

I recently found a young lady who was walking the woods looking for herbs. Her abilities was remarkable and I ask kindly if she would teach me her ability. Her answer was very straight forwards, " I am a witch and I practice witchcraft, does this bother you." I answered "no" and followed her stepping when and where she said. She says this was passed down through her family.

I am no witch and I learned a little from her that morning. She will not walk the woods in the 10 am to 4pm area and only some plnats must have dew on them. :upsidedown: BUT, I am not questioning her abilities. I was recommended to read books on Wicca plant gathering.

Now, Anybody heard of any such thing at a library?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Google is a good resource for that. I did some investigating into the Wiccan religion (long story) and found that these people are definately very good at identifying plants. The only thing I would pay attention to is the bandwagoners, the people that participate in a roleplaying sense, as their information would be lacking and not supported by experience.

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.wejees.net/herbs.html

You can even contact individuals from different pagan branches on the internet by doing a search and ask them for assistance. I have found that these people are generally happy to help, but it might help to approach them in the sense that you are curious about their religion as opposed to harvesting these plants in a non-spiritual form.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're not likely to find those sorts of books in a library, but a bookstore is a good place to go. Also, try Amazon.
I'm afraid I've not learned herb lore to that extent. I know basic edible plants and flowers, but not to the extent of the woman you described. I do know people who are that good though. I just don't get to spend enough time around them to really learn it.

·
Jesus Is Lord!
346 Posts
You can't believe in God and want the ways of a witch. In the OT, God declares that a witch must not be suffered to live. He hates their practices that much. A king was considered a good king when he tore down the altars and high places of witches and other pagan religions in Israel during the OT times.

Witches (a true practicing witch and not a histrionic female personality) consorts with demons for abilities her own natural spirit does not have whether she knows it or not. As the Holy Spirit strengthens the believers of Jesus Christ with certain attributes to bring glory to Jesus with the ability to do miracles as secret knowledge (word of knowledge), or heal the blind, lame, or sick, the demons will enhance the spirit of a witch to give her similar but damning abilities mainly to glorify herself and other Satanic influences around her.

If she's a true witch, she'll have a familiar spirit or two along with her constantly. She thinks of them as friends, but they are actually snitches to regional demons who are assigned certain areas to perform certain tasks for the Ruler of the Air (aka Satan). Some familiar spirits are seen in various animal forms, but most are not. If you have a sensitive spirit, you will sense their presence, if they want you to. You will also sense the darkness of her heart though she may smile and say pleasant things to you. Somehow her words just won't seem right.

How do I know all of this? I dabbled in witchcraft as a young woman and suffered the consequences of poltergeist activity, the ability to have psychic abilities of which I won't elaborate on, and the dead life that goes with the life of witchcraft. I suffered this till I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior in April of 1990. I now cast the demons and their unseen prescence out of my life in His name alone. I seem to come from a generational witchcraft line, too. I watched my grandmother cast a spell to heal a family member of warts growing like a cancer over his hands. The warts were gone within days.

The woman you met is telling the truth when she claimed to be a generational witch. There are accounts in the Holy Bible of demons attaching themselves to families for generations and using these families to serve their leader Satan. The word familiar is where the word family comes from. A family spirit.

I strongly suggest you stay away from her. Pray to the true Living God for knowledge of plants and herbs as food and medicine from more reliable sources than this person or any other person claiming to be witches.

Never harm a witch. Their familiar spirits can be quite vengeful. Plus, God has made it clear we are not to pass judgment on people no matter what they do. We are to use a personal judgment in staying away from people like witches, so we are not influenced by their behavior, but never to harm someone physically or with gossip, etc.

Personally, I would pray for her and even fast for her so she would be delivered from the generational curse of being of a witch bloodline. And I would stay away from her unless to tell her of the Good News of Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Herbalism is not NECESSARILY witchcraft. I struggled with that belief when I first started learning about herbs. I then learned that yes, one can be an herbalist without being a witch. I depends on how you view your healing abilties. Witches use magic and spells along with their herbal knowledge to influence things. I use my knowledge of healing herbs as an adjunct to my traditional medical training as a nurse. No magic or spells involved. I am a devoted Christian who believes God gave us plants to heal with as a gift. There are many Christian herbalist out there that practice, one in particular I seen is a guy in Idaho or Wyoming that's on youtube called the vinerhyme I think, along with his herbal videos he does lots of others on bibical subjects as well. There was another site I saw called the Christian herbalist but I can't remember the address. I would be VERY careful though learning from someone who is an admitted witch, they are decidedly using herbals as part of the witchcraft art. Bunch of stuff like worshiping the goddess and such that goes along with their beliefs

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Actually there is quite a bit of debate over the translation of that passage. Many interpret it to mean a 'poisoner'- not a 'witch'.

Most who claim the title of 'witch' do not even believe in demons and feel they can stay where they belong- with the Christians and their religion...

As to the rest- well- if that's what you believe- OK. Just recognize that it's not the only view out there. These things (spiritual things) cannot be proven- we only have belief and opinion. And yours is as good as anyone else's- including the opposite of yours. :)

You can't believe in God and want the ways of a witch. In the OT, God declares that a witch must not be suffered to live. He hates their practices that much. A king was considered a good king when he tore down the altars and high places of witches and other pagan religions in Israel during the OT times.

Witches (a true practicing witch and not a histrionic female personality) consorts with demons for abilities her own natural spirit does not have whether she knows it or not. As the Holy Spirit strengthens the believers of Jesus Christ with certain attributes to bring glory to Jesus with the ability to do miracles as secret knowledge (word of knowledge), or heal the blind, lame, or sick, the demons will enhance the spirit of a witch to give her similar but damning abilities mainly to glorify herself and other Satanic influences around her.

If she's a true witch, she'll have a familiar spirit or two along with her constantly. She thinks of them as friends, but they are actually snitches to regional demons who are assigned certain areas to perform certain tasks for the Ruler of the Air (aka Satan). Some familiar spirits are seen in various animal forms, but most are not. If you have a sensitive spirit, you will sense their presence, if they want you to. You will also sense the darkness of her heart though she may smile and say pleasant things to you. Somehow her words just won't seem right.

How do I know all of this? I dabbled in witchcraft as a young woman and suffered the consequences of poltergeist activity, the ability to have psychic abilities of which I won't elaborate on, and the dead life that goes with the life of witchcraft. I suffered this till I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior in April of 1990. I now cast the demons and their unseen prescence out of my life in His name alone. I seem to come from a generational witchcraft line, too. I watched my grandmother cast a spell to heal a family member of warts growing like a cancer over his hands. The warts were gone within days.

The woman you met is telling the truth when she claimed to be a generational witch. There are accounts in the Holy Bible of demons attaching themselves to families for generations and using these families to serve their leader Satan. The word familiar is where the word family comes from. A family spirit.

I strongly suggest you stay away from her. Pray to the true Living God for knowledge of plants and herbs as food and medicine from more reliable sources than this person or any other person claiming to be witches.

Never harm a witch. Their familiar spirits can be quite vengeful. Plus, God has made it clear we are not to pass judgment on people no matter what they do. We are to use a personal judgment in staying away from people like witches, so we are not influenced by their behavior, but never to harm someone physically or with gossip, etc.

Personally, I would pray for her and even fast for her so she would be delivered from the generational curse of being of a witch bloodline. And I would stay away from her unless to tell her of the Good News of Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
"Run Puzzler run!"

She has already put a spell on you. If not, the demons that follow her are tugging on your soul.

Your faith does not sound strong enough to mess with this girl. If you must converse with her, present your faith in Christ. If she does not want to learn more, RUN!

The knowledge you gain from her will be at a high cost. No, it will not be like on TV, but it will erode your faith and then your soul, sowing bad seeds along the way.

Stay away from her and her ideas. Don't go down that path.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
ROFLMFAO! :upsidedown::):D:

Oh wait- were you actually being serious?

"Run Puzzler run!"

She has already put a spell on you. If not, the demons that follow her are tugging on your soul.

Your faith does not sound strong enough to mess with this girl. If you must converse with her, present your faith in Christ. If she does not want to learn more, RUN!

The knowledge you gain from her will be at a high cost. No, it will not be like on TV, but it will erode your faith and then your soul, sowing bad seeds along the way.

Stay away from her and her ideas. Don't go down that path.

·
Mother of One.
234 Posts
Some standard reading on herbs from a Wiccan point of view are those by Scott Cunningham. Check out Magical Herbalism, and his Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Depending on what you want to use the herbs for, you might also check out The Complete Book of Incense Oils and Brews.

I'm not a huge fan of all of Cunningham's work, but his reference materials are fantastically good.

(Btw. Thanks MamaBear for the poisoner vs. witch mention above. I almost scrolled down to make a similar statement, but I'm glad I read on to see you took care of it. I probably would have went on a tirade like I was back at Christian School and they were reading that passage to me again. Totally not necessary.)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
This is an interesting thread. Thank you for posting it.

There are a couple Wiccan churches here and most don't teach much for healing herbalism. They teach more of magick herbalism, like planting rosemary by the garden gate to protect yourself from all who wish to do you harm.

There is one woman who identifies herself as a hedge witch which is just an old term for the woman who lived just outside of town and practices healing. What her religion is, I don't know, but she does know about herbs and wild plants as well as other natural cures. She is the one who taught me about eggshells being used for heartburn.

She works a couple times a year at the folk school where I teach and I go to all her classes and talk to her whenever I can just because I can learn so much from her.

Rill

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Herbal References

Hi puzzler, yes there are lots of good books out there about Wiccan herb magic. He's dead now, but one of the best and most prolific authors was Scott Cunningham. Here are some of his books, which I have seen in libraries:

1982 - Magical Herbalism: The Secret of the Wise (ISBN 0-87542-120-2)
1985 - Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (ISBN 0-87542-122-9)
1989 - Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent (ISBN 0-87542-129-6)
1993 - Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen (ISBN 0-7387-0226-9)
1993 - The Truth About Herb Magic (ISBN 0-87542-132-6)
and a video Herb Magic (ISBN 0-87542-117-2)

I will look thru my library and post here any more I find. Some that spring to mind are old books you might Google, like Culpeppers Herbal and the Bach Flower Remedies. Stay tuned... :thumb:

BTW, yep I am one.

I may hit a nerve here with this, but before I go on let me preface this with "I ain't no witch and I believe in God, yet I am tolerate of anyone who can teach me something."

I recently found a young lady who was walking the woods looking for herbs. Her abilities was remarkable and I ask kindly if she would teach me her ability. Her answer was very straight forwards, " I am a witch and I practice witchcraft, does this bother you." I answered "no" and followed her stepping when and where she said. She says this was passed down through her family.

I am no witch and I learned a little from her that morning. She will not walk the woods in the 10 am to 4pm area and only some plnats must have dew on them. :upsidedown: BUT, I am not questioning her abilities. I was recommended to read books on Wicca plant gathering.

Now, Anybody heard of any such thing at a library?

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Put a Buckeye in Your Pocket and Do the Incant to ward away evil spirits
Sounds like some evil witch spell to me!!! :eek:

If it weren't for witches half of your families would not be around today. Witches back in the old times were known as WISEWOMEN and were the Doctors and midwives of the time!!! They delivered all the babies and knew about medicinal uses of plants to cure ailments.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts

If it weren't for witches half of your families would not be around today. Witches back in the old times were known as WISEWOMEN and were the Doctors and midwives of the time!!! They delivered all the babies and knew about medicinal uses of plants to cure ailments.
Don't forget the 'Cunning Men' as well :) Cheers

·
Registered
5,588 Posts

Whoops, I summoned forces of evil to dispel evil.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.