Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any places in your area that you feel might be a hazard or cause one in a SHTF senerio. The closest thing around here that I can think of is the RR tracks and how it could be used to carry hazardous materials or armed forces for enforcement of martial law. I'd like to hear what other people are concerned about around their homes so that I could see if there are any of those hazards around here.

We don't have any tall buildings or government facilities that would make people want to fly airplanes into them. No big business or oil facilities. I can't think of anything besides the RR, but I'd just like to know what others are keeping an eye on in their area.

Rill

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,685 Posts
Nuclear power station, (glad I'm south of it and the wind is 90% west to east) 3 dams and several industrial facilities that use toxic chemicals (that I'm west of thank God)

·
barking at the moon
248 Posts
The Port of Los Angeles is 2 blocks away, surrounding the port are several oil refineries and they are thinking about building an LPG facility right in the middle of the port. I'm screwed if there is any kind of terrorist activity. about 20 years ago an oil tanker blew up in the port and blew about half the windows in town out. population withen 5 miles of the port is about 2 million people

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our only consideration is we have the states only maximum security prison about 10 miles from our home.
My fears are when the S.H.T.F. the supply trucks stop delivering food to the prison and those bad boys are going to cop a real bad attitude.
Plus the officers there work a week on and a week off. So a lot of them live in Anchorage amd comute here to work their week on. Am worried the Anchorage crew wouldn't show up for work.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
nuke plant 1 hour south of me, several railroads and chemical plants, one of the largest overland cargo shipping centers on the planet, intracoastal waterway, Houston ship channel. Intercontinental airport, 3 regional airposts, air defense base at ellington field, Johnson Spaceflight Center, KBR main HQ, Texas National Guard Regional armory.

Oh, and I live next door to the Galleria

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live close to RR tracks....not too far from two military bases....about 30 yards off of the river.....in a house that's over 150yrs old....in a culturally diverse neighborhood....right smack in the middle of a red dot (nuke target) on the map.

I'm screwed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have three prisons less then 5miles and a coal power plant within 20 miles to the north a east of here along with csx rr tracks less then 2 miles from here. The town i live in is about 5600 people. The area is mostly rural so I'm not to worried regardless of the area hazards. I have my plan

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Hmmm, there's a compound of fundamentalist (doomsday?) Christian cultists in the region. Does that count? Not too sure who they'd be a target for?? Easy to round up though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm in Miami!! I have so many targets I don't even worry about them.

Nuke Plant
Several Airports
Two Major Sea Ports
An Air Base
Several Rail Lines
Tourist Attractions
Multiple Ethnic Neighborhoods

My only saving grace is that I live in the outer suburbs, just a 10 minute drive to the Everglades. This won't help if it's a WW3 attack. Just another reason I'm planning on moving to Arkansas!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.