Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
visited my mom this weekend, left my Smith and Wesson featherweight locked in the glove box. When ready to pack the car, found the car had been ransacked, the glove box ripped open, several items missing - one was my pistol and a box of 38 specials. I am sick. Filed a police report, but have no hope of the pistol being recovered. Just wanted to vent.

·
Registered
871 Posts
had this happen to me with my model 60 sw 38 snub however the retard took the revolver to the same gun store that i just purchased it from the day before and tried to sell it, when the dealer ran the serial numbers it came across stolen, he told the moron that he had go out back and apraise the gun but what the dealer did was call the police, kid was arrested and i got my gun back after having to wait a week and then paying an impound fee.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Man that sucks. I had my house broken into several years ago. They stole every gun I owned except the pistol I had on me. The silver lining to the story, they got caught and got to spend a couple years as guests of the state. The bad part, I only got half my guns back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back in 87 whilst in college, a scumbag got my S&W model 686 distinguished combat magnum. From there it turned into a very strange set of coincidences. Seems a young lady who was ocassionaly making visits to my apartment after drinking too much, was engaged to a young man who was going into the military. One such visit we were doing the pillow talk thing and she said he had just purchased a "New Shiney Silver Gun" . Bells went off. I asked her where he was now, and she said he was driving to Georgia. I turned that information to the cops, and pretty much figured out I had lost my favorite piece and went and bought a cheap model 10. About 4 months later, I get a call from the local Sheriffs dept. They informed me that they found my pistol in Alabama and it was used in the commission of a crime. I made a few phone calls and finally spoke to a guy at the jail where said scumbag was incarcerated after shooting a clerk at a Quicky Mart. I actually got my firearm back about 2 months later. Cost me about $20.00 for shipping to the local Sheriffs dept. Sucks my pistol has innocent blood on it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For a smash and grab, you might get lucky if someone tries to pawn it. But if it does get used in a crime, it really depends upon the law enforcement agency involved whether you can get the pistol back. I know of a situation in the Northeast where a $1000 pistol was used legally by someone in self-defense and they still couldn't get it back even with the help of a lawyer. Hopefully, you can get yours back without incident.

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
I feel your pain. Back in the early 80s- I was a small kid then- , my Grandpa had a S&W .38/44 5" Barrel. It had been in the family for years, given to him by his uncle ,a Toledo Fire Lt., who had bought the revolver from a Toledo Police Sgt friend. A crook broke into my HP's home and made off with it. It was never recovered- condition was 98% or so I have been told. The insurance company had to pay out around $800 for it. I hope to replace it someday. At Work we have a 4" barreled version, around 85% to 90% for $1000. If only I had the dough........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aside from checking the local pawnshops look at Gunbroker and the classifieds at AR15, Glocktalk, FALFiles, etc. Who knows you might get lucky. I know I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts