Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went by our local firing range last night, mostly so she could try Glock 9mm and .40, to see which she wants to buy....she and our 21 yo daughter took the concealed weapons class recently.......we took turns shooting...it was the first time I ever fired a pistol, I had previously only fired .22 rifle and 12 ga shotguns and will be purchasing one of each soon.....but the pistols were 'fun' to shoot, once I got used to the sights and recoil......I may have to get one when we buy hers......

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have not.....kicking myself in the a$$ for not doing it with them......but I may sign up for the next class offering.....

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Not let's be upstaged by the misses now!!! Yes, one should take the basic CCW classes and then with the misses and your daughter take some "advanced" courses together so if you were ever involved in situation together, that your on the same page. And remember the more you practice with a hand gun the better off you are.

Rifleman 336

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not let's be upstaged by the misses now!!! Yes, one should take the basic CCW classes and then with the misses and your daughter take some "advanced" courses together so if you were ever involved in situation together, that your on the same page. And remember the more you practice with a hand gun the better off you are.

Rifleman 336
Thanks......my daughter is about to graduate with her Criminal Justice degree in May and hopes to be working with the State (NC) as a parole officer and then move up to Federal......she did an internship with the feds this semester and she really enjoyed it....working up the case work for recommendations to the courts for sentencing and recommendations for parole.....so he is already in the db with the feds, background checks, CCW class (needs to get her permit now) and then weapons purchase......as far as the practice, yes I agree, only shooting 1 box last night, I could tell that with some time my grouping would get better.....it took me a bit to get my feel and sights sorted out......next I want to fire at the target further away and being quicker on the trigger...I was very deliberate last night, since it was my first time....lol

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
You should have seen me as a rookie gaurd I was really good with rifle and shotgun. But with a pistol was something that I didn't hold on the pinical of self defense / hunting, and was not one of my strong points to say at least. But as I practice alone and under formal instruction I got good enough to pass my qauls first time. Then I started learning stuff from my former and current law enforcment friends and before you knew it I was able to reload my revolver before the empties hit the ground. I could shoot out a hundred yards with accuracy against a rifle armed assailant. And numerous other novel tricks to save ones life when called apon. Listen to your instuructors. Learn as much as possiable for the precautions of modren police work is written and rewritten (sadly) in officers blood.

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
My wife and I went by our local firing range last night, mostly so she could try Glock 9mm and .40, to see which she wants to buy....she and our 21 yo daughter took the concealed weapons class recently.......we took turns shooting...it was the first time I ever fired a pistol, I had previously only fired .22 rifle and 12 ga shotguns and will be purchasing one of each soon.....but the pistols were 'fun' to shoot, once I got used to the sights and recoil......I may have to get one when we buy hers......

:eek:

You KNOW you gatta post pic now right?

It's a rule.

(Ducks):D:

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Yep I know but in self defense situation uses alot of the same line of prevention and tactics go long way whether or not you were a badge. Besides he might find it intresting to see what his daughter is learning. Like how to upstage, dear OLD dad! :D:

Rifleman 336

1 - 11 of 11 Posts