Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got the creeping crud from my room mate and my daughter, sinus issues and a horrible cough. I've been reading that the pine needles are supposed to be an excellent source for Vitamin C. Well I took the plunge last night and when I got home amd plucked a good sized handful of needles off the nearest pine tree. I boiled some water and cut up the needles into a bowl, poured the boiling water over the needles and let steep for about 10 minutes. I strained and poured into a cup. Well lets just say the tea tastes like a christmas tree smells. (of course it is pine) 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice made it a whole lot more palatable. Sitting down breathing in the steam and sipping the tea seemed to really loosen up the congestion in my chest. This morning the pain in my lungs was not as noticable. I haven't died so im good with drinking this. Gonna try and stay on a steady diet of this tea for the duration of the winter. Hope this helps any of y'all that are interested in stuff like this. Zen

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Natural medicine is best for the body. It's easy to break down and take into the body. I'll have to try the pine needle tea.

I've used manzanita tea for the stomach flu and diarea for over 30 years with great success.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I stil haven't had any adverse effects from the tea. but I found a article (on the internet) that says to take in moderation because too much can be toxic. I didn't say this in my first post so here goes.....I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on T.V. I'm just a nobody who is interested in natural ways of healing and curing ailments.

·
missed
11,240 Posts
Wow what a horrible room mate, anyways make sure you don't over do the tea then, I shall keep watch on you in case you start to get funny reactions from it.

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
We have lots of Sitka spruce up here and every year there is a lot of spruce pollen (I mean thick) around town. Brew a cup of spruce needle tea and it really helps those of us who are allergic to it. Guess it kind of inoculates you or something, but we've done it for years with good results.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good info, and on the video also...Think Stick65 had an outstanding post, on the Birch...On here somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts