Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He really stuck his whole leg in his mouth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-comment-women-switch-Republicans-droves.html

'Pig in lipstick jibe': Obama refuses to apologise for sexist comment as women switch to the Republicans in droves.

Barack Obama was at the centre of a sexist smear storm last night after he was accused of comparing Republican vice-presidential hopeful Sarah Palin to a pig in lipstick.

The Democrat nominee angrily refused to apologise after he told a cheering crowd of supporters: 'You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.'

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
John McCain has used the "pig in lip stick" quote 4 times in the last 3 years. It was one of McCain's favorite things to say when he was refering to pork barrel spending in Washington. MSNBC showed each and every time McCain used that quote,with actual footage of him saying it. Now Obama uses the quote ,and suddenly it's all about Poor widdle Sarah Palin. If she wants to pretend to be a "pitbull" (her words) then she is going to have to play with the big boys.I think this is the whole plan of the republicans. They picked a woman ,so that when ever someone questions her with something unsavory in nature, she and the repubs can just use the "sexism" copout.

·
Registered
958 Posts
He really stuck his whole leg in his mouth.
Not really.

This is what the repuplicans have been reduced to? Taking something and completely twisting it around into something its not...

This is starting to look more like an election for class president than a race for the most powerful post in the world.

Anyone can plainly see that it was not a slam at Palin. But since the McCain/Palin ticket doesnt have a leg to stand on policy wise... they make the election about silly insignificant crap. Mindless he said, she said word games.

·
Registered
774 Posts
But since the McCain/Palin ticket doesnt have a leg to stand on policy wise... they make the election about silly insignificant crap.
Yup. I see a lot of McCain ads in my neck of the woods, but I haven't seen one yet that talks about McCain. Every ad he makes is just another trivial and petty accusation about Obama.

The sad part is, it will probably work. The voters are stupid.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know a guy who still thinks that Obama is a muslim.

Talks about assasinating him if he "pulls any of that muslim crap"

Now this guy is a working class veteran, solid union guy... has stickers on his lunch box all the way back to Clintons first run. But he will vote McLame totally against his own economic interest and against everything he has ever supported in the past.... because he only sees Obama as a black muslim.

We dont live in a swing state by any stretch of the imagination, so there isnt an overload of ads, he never even got that email claiming BHO as muslim, he just heard it 4th hand, but has taken it as the word of god.

The republicans have already won depending on how many of these guys are out there. Registered, lifelong Democrats and union workers are drinking the koolaid on this one... what does that say about those who are considered fence-sitters?

Issues? Please dont confuse me with the facts...

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,947 Posts
Yup. I see a lot of McCain ads in my neck of the woods, but I haven't seen one yet that talks about McCain. Every ad he makes is just another trivial and petty accusation about Obama.

The sad part is, it will probably work. The voters are stupid.
Yep,.......that may be so,......but those that support and defend Obama are more "stupid" it seems.:p

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Kev,

The clip you pointed to does not, in any way, shape or form, suggest that Obama called Palin a pig. I'm surprised that you are buying into, and spreading, that kind of propaganda.:(

HippieSurvivalist

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
problem is that with the left wing blogs refering to her that way it was at best an ill considered remark

at worst a lapse of judgment and an indication of not knowing the impact of ones words
and failing to see the ramifications of ill timed and uninformed statements. which could and probably would be disastrous in dealing with foreign leaders.

kind of like "we are the ones we have been waiting for" and not realizing or possibly caring how arrogant and elitist it sounds.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
if his Berlin concert did not sound arrogant and elitest to you then im sure
the guns-god-and bitterness -- as well as the obamacropolis acceptance speech
did not convey a sense of an elitest me better than thee arrogance either

then ive just wasted my breath, go have another glass of kool aid

Reactions: RosesInWinter

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
on this years election, there are no real choices, only the lesser of two evils, more of the same past years or into the barach era. not a good choice either way. what we need is a couple of independent country boys to run. be hands down, go in clean out the white house, set this country back on the right track. the true politicans have fogotten about the people, okiejoe

·
Registered
958 Posts
if his Berlin concert did not sound arrogant and elitest to you then im sure
the guns-god-and bitterness -- as well as the obamacropolis acceptance speech
did not convey a sense of an elitest me better than thee arrogance either

then ive just wasted my breath, go have another glass of kool aid

I dont recall what he said in Berlin.

But the god/guns thing has some truth to it. IT was a comment on how people will vote against their economic interest in favor of other wedge issues.

For example... poor, working class voters will vote for the republican because the Republican will use social scare tactics whipping up fear of gun control, ********, homosexuals, etc. These issues are important but the candidates who use them as their platform do not have the economic interests of the working poor in mind. Basically, vote for the other guy and you will lose your guns and they'll be giving away abortions for free at the local elementary school, right after they celebrate gay pride day.

They have to because their economic platform serves big business, big money, etc. Union busting and outsourcing.

Its all just word games. But if you want to talk eliteism... how about Cindy McCain making her appearane on stage wearing $300K+ clothing/jewelry? Or McCain not knowing how many houses he owns?

Actions speak louder than words, Im sorry if Obama's vocabulary is confusing to you, but its not elitism.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
let me refresh yer memory----"we are the ones we have been waiting for"--
"typical white people" (and that about his grandmother)

its her money to spend as she pleases -- can someone tell you how to spend yours
or are only the rich to be told -- and who is to decide how much is enough or what someone needs? other than uncle karl

he owns no houses --- they are hers

have an IQ of 147-- his words dont confuse me --- his marxist ideas tho scare the hell outta me

actions do speak louder than words --- its easy to talk it-- its harder to walk it
his charity giving is less than 1%, yet i have to fork over more
he has million in offshore untaxable accounts--- and he says he wants ta raise my taxes
tossing a rose at 9/11 memorial, not shaking hands w the firefighters and workers at memorial
been in senate on;y 4 yrs yet is #2 in fannie mae and freddie mac contributions in last 10 yrs
"economic fairness" he has yet to explain-- cause repreations is a dirty work

·
Registered
958 Posts
let me refresh yer memory----"we are the ones we have been waiting for"--

There it is again... how is that elitest?

Sounds to me like a good call to action to a generation of apathetic slobs.

It says quit sitting around waiting for someone else to come fix everything... YOU are the ones who have to make your own future..

And Im sorry, having more than 10 times the average Americans income on your body at one time IS elite... Nearly 1/2 million in clothing is not down to earth. The McCain campaign stands in a glass house, and is sure throwing a lot of rocks around.

Personally I think all of these ****ers are elitests, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. I am merely defending Obama's words. And pointing out the hypocracy of the McCain/Palin campaign.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts