Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Cherrios? PopTarts? Bisquick? Refined sugars? Dole? GMO's and nanotech foods.

I just kept seeing hypertension, coronary disease, diabetes. I guess it'll keep you alive while it kills you... I'm sorry but I suppose I've been on a health kick and seeing all those products from multinational companies that, at the very least, have contributed to the downfall of our economies and our environment and our health makes me cringe a little. There'll be all these fat little diabetic survivalist kids running around a few years after the SHTF.

Sorry. Maybe that's off topic.
The shelves are great.

lol Twinkies. That's too funny.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
CharlieAnderson: I Want to say "What a good job!" Sure is nice to see a survivalist getting into his preps the way that you have.

Your food joices aren't going to fit everyone, but they fit you and they are going to keep you happy for a long time.

Now get started on the garden seeds and the tools to go with it. I want to see more pictures of your preps.

Thanks for the show.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
WOW! That sort of thing inspires me and gives me goals to try and attain. I would like to have two years of food for four. But I don't even know how much that is. I probably only have about two months worth now, mostly rice.

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
Cherrios? PopTarts? Bisquick? Refined sugars? Dole? GMO's and nanotech foods.

I just kept seeing hypertension, coronary disease, diabetes. I guess it'll keep you alive while it kills you... I'm sorry but I suppose I've been on a health kick and seeing all those products from multinational companies that, at the very least, have contributed to the downfall of our economies and our environment and our health makes me cringe a little. There'll be all these fat little diabetic survivalist kids running around a few years after the SHTF.

Sorry. Maybe that's off topic.
The shelves are great.

lol Twinkies. That's too funny.
LOL, I was playing "Where's Waldo" with the pop-tarts......never found'em.

:D:

Pointblank

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
A couple of those are definitely Canadian shelves!

yeah... way too much convenience food. If you have years worth of food stored you should have some comfort food, IMHO. Pop Tarts for kids or soup. I love a can of soup after a hard day. But really I am trying to get away from sugary, salty foods.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumb:Wow wish I had a room that big to just store stocks in. I have pantry envy lol. Our stocks are stored all over the place where ever there is spare room there are stocks.

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
DAYUM........me personally, I would go for the no-name brands...just as good for less money.....and yeah, some comfort foods are good to have too...wow...................wait, those are not all of the same 'family' are they?.....these are from different places, correct?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Those are impressive!!
But as most have said, lots of convinience foods.
Our food storage isnt as impressive as we only have one shelf as of right now but we'll be expanding by at least 2 more this winter.
Lots of work ahead of us.....

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable source for canning and preservation?

And wow, that IS a big box of Pop-Tarts....yummy....hahaha

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I had a basement (don't have them here in Florida) it would look like that last picture.

Remember "eat what you store and store what you eat"? This stuff should be rotated into daily living, and yes, people do eat poptarts and cereal. Life doesn't all have to be about boiled wheat cereal. Convenience might come in handy if there is a power problem or all hands are needed for defense--no time to grind wheat, make bread, etc. Soups, veggies, comfort foods, desserts--all have a place in food storage. I have the buckets of rice, beans and wheat, but I also have lots of other stuff. The goal is to be well rounded in what YOU eat.

Thanks for the pics--got some ideas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.