Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my two lever actions (22LR and 30/30) out the other day, had them leaning up against a fence post. The thought crossed my mind, that’s America right there. Late 1800’s, lever action, old post, pasture, corn field (minus the electric fence of coarse). Only thing missing is a couple horses and a 6 shooter.
What pics have you seen that say Americana? Even just a description of what you have seem or read?

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
9,246 Posts
I had my two lever actions (22LR and 30/30) out the other day, had them leaning up against a fence post. The thought crossed my mind, that’s America right there. Late 1800’s, lever action, old post, pasture, corn field (minus the electric fence of coarse). Only thing missing is a couple horses and a 6 shooter.
What pics have you seen that say Americana? Even just a description of what you have seem or read?

View attachment 372841
Cool as heck👍

·
Storyteller
2,690 Posts

Cowgri...

sorry

Rural argibusinesspersons on horseback. Cool rodeo and parade, longest non-motorized parade in the US, maybe the world? Well, the US anyway.
My dad and uncle rode in the parade in 1930, us kids while in HS shoveled...in front the band...
like these folks at the Rose Parade...

showing the effort is not unique to Tucson....

Edit to add - thanks to the mods for caching my goof on using a watermarks image earlier...

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
That found rifle reminds me of the scene in Jeremiah Johnson with the frozen trapper with a broken leg.

Most farmer .22s i saw were old pump actions. There were a lot of lever 30-30s though that's kind of light for Colorado.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
9,246 Posts
Are you referring to the old Winchester found leaning against a tree?..about a 100 some years old?..Maybe Nevada if my memory is not gone?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Are you referring to the old Winchester found leaning against a tree?..about a 100 some years old?..Maybe Nevada if my memory is not gone? Unquote
Yes, that rifle, and picture, are above in another post.
Davy Crockett was against the removal of Cherokee and the eventual trail of tears supported by Andrew Jackson. He lost his spot in congress and said you can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
9,246 Posts
He was a True Rebel..we could have used him at Shiloh…or anywhere else for that matter…
”Get Ole Betsy out Davy..Theres another yankee”…

Reactions: Georgia11
1 - 20 of 73 Posts