Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped by Knob Creek gun range the other day and they had a S&W model 10-8 heavy barrel (pre lock, pre mim parts) that was in fantastic shape, had very minor wear at the end of barrel. I think I might have paid a little too much but I was happy to find one in that kind of shape. I'll try to post pictures for you revolver guys.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have mine. I wear wrangler relaxed fit jeans and it fits in the pocket. I usually fold a handkerchief up and put in front of it to break up the outline. Nobodys noticed it after several years of carry this way.

·
Is that all?
829 Posts
I was in virginia recently, and at a local indoor shooting range, they had a bunch of older model 10's that had they had bought from a security company. Granted, they had seen lots of use, but I loved the look and feel of them. Due to my situation at the time, I couldn't purchase a handgun, which was a real shame, because they were only $185 a piece.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Model 10 is my all time favorite double action revolver. Here is my 10-7 snub nose with a bobbed hammer. I carry this gun a lot it's got lots of character (wear). Still an excellent shooter!

·
Registered
341 Posts
10-5

Deputy sheriff drove up to my house one day and said I come to sell you my pistol as I'm retiring. I told him i wasn't wanting to purchase a pistol at that time, and he said your gonna buy it for 130$ Holster and shells included. Conrad I sez, yanno yer right. the fixed sights shoot to poa for me with 158 gr. bullets.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, im not to picky about mim or non mim. I need to get a m10 to keep my m15 company. Tho im not so sure about the whole fixed sights thing.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Once you have one, do not let it go! I own a 10-5, for over 20yrs now, and still my favorite house/barn/field companion. Have had a few semi autos I still carry, but the blue steel/wood or pachmayrs with a spare speedloader is tough to beat.
As a retired LEO, still get a chance to qualify with my former dept. and the kids look at the dinosaur w/ a revolver, border patrol holster, and black basketweave belt and ask if it still shoots? Yep. Still hits bullseyes, 10 point ring. Best firearm to own!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have a 4" heavy bbl and have had it since the late 70's. Used to shoot competiton with it. Love it, carried it for a long time. Best shooting pistol. If you are within 85 yards of me you are in serious trouble. Added a grip adaptor and it made all the difference.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Model 10 S&W is just as good as it gets if one needs a safe, simple, effective, reliable handgun.

Here is one of mine, a 10-5, all dressed up to go to the BBQ.

Here is another one, a 10 "no-dash", ready to accompany me to the shopping mall. This is a "4-screw" gun

This old 5-screw M&P pre Model 10 is from about 1953. I picked it up in trade about a year ago. It represents a time when craftsmanship was a word that was taken seriously.

·
Registered
Bugging In
1,825 Posts
I've just put a 10-6 4" heavy barrel on layaway today. Some finish wear but everything else looks great. What would appear to be the original grips still have good checkering left on them, too.

I think you're right, levelfarmer; something about those guns just radiates solid, simple Quality.

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
I just purchased one from Buds Gun shop: Police trade in, $269.00 shipped. Hope I did well.
Own a Ruger LCR and love it. My 1st S&W 4 inch model 10.

·
Tire Biter
496 Posts
Great find. What a great revolver. I learned to shoot on grandpa's model 10, and I love that thing. Keep dropping hints to Dad that it needs to come my way someday.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've just put a 10-6 4" heavy barrel on layaway today. Some finish wear but everything else looks great. What would appear to be the original grips still have good checkering left on them, too.
I have a 4", 10-6, nickel that my dad gave me. It's one of my 'not for sale at any price' guns.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts