Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Amat victoria curam
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new wallet this week and been trying it out.

At first I thought it would be to bulky but after comparing it to my "minimalist wallet" the difference isn't that much, especially when compared to the extras I can now carry along with me. Fits fine and unnoticeable in front pocket in jeans and shorts.

Holds pen, olight flashlight, small Swiss army knife or various combinations of similar stuff on front. Center open spot holds cash, cards, notebook or the like and rear zip holds cards, change, mini peanut lighter, and such.

Not the solution for everyone but thought I'd share.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,572 Posts
LOOKS LIKE it could withstand a close nuke strike.
Do you carry it in a pocket or on the belt ?
Seems like that rough material might be a little rough on tender skin.

I REALLY liked the big old biker trucker wallet I used to carry when I was working UC.
About a foot long piece of leather attached to a logging chain to my belt.
Not stylish but you could carry everything but a rifle in it.

·
Amat victoria curam
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1000d Cordura nylon, real YKK zippers and pulls (MADE IN US) seems tough so far. Just been tossing it in my pockets. Doesn't feel rough reminds be of a BDU pants feel.

I liked those too, had a custom tooled one made at Huntsville prison back when they did that.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Looks like a lot of stuff to carry in a pocket everyday. Myself I went from a normal leather tri fold wallet to a Babe Ruth minimalist from Holtz Leather and even some days this is too much to carry around.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
I carry a stainless steel money clip. One side holds cash, the other side, my cards. Works great. I see most wallets as a target more than an asset. I also do not like a lot in my pockets.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
That’s not a wallet....that’s a small fanny pack without straps! :ROFLMAO: It looks nice, but....No way that fits in my pockets. I carry a good old nylon trifold in a rear pocket. If I’m somewhere I feel needs more security, it goes in a front pocket. All the rest of your items is in another pocket or on the belt.

I have a similar but larger unit that has MOLLE straps for belt carry. A .380 pistol, the phone, a knife and some cash and cards can all fit in it. It doesn’t fit “in” a pocket either.

·
Amat victoria curam
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's actually no bigger than normal wallet.. im wearing regular shorts right now and it's comfortably in pocket.. Pics may not do it justice I'll have take some comparative ones.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,202 Posts
That's a cool wallet and all but are we just going to ignore that delicious meal? What is that green stuff? Is that sour dough bread as well? And those cheese sausages tho... Mmmm....
Yep, I drooled when I saw it. Looks like jalapeno cheese sausage, green beans, and Texas toast. That's a combo I usually get at a BBQ joint if they don't have beef ribs. Oddly, not many BBQ places do beef ribs.

·
68,202 Posts
I've always preferred a bifold nylon wallet. But when my last one wore out and I couldn't find a replacement I liked, I went with a trifold. Normally, I find them a little thick and uncomfy to sit on. But that's mostly because I always take people's business cards and put into my wallet to be courteous, even though I'm never going to call them. If I keep that stack of cards out of the wallet, I don't mind the trifold. I just don't need that much space. The only things I ever carry is DL license, CHL, NRA, and a couple cards. Now I just slip people's business cards in my shirt pocket and toss them in the trash later. I might go on a search for something thinner since I don't carry much in the wallet anymore.

·
68,202 Posts
Nice wallet... Delicious looking food!

I prefer making my own wallets 👍
View attachment 368861 That's beautiful! I used to do leather crafting when I was a kid. I made a bicentennial belt and wallet and used them for my art project in 7th grade. I used both for about 20 years. But the wallet was just too thick. View attachment 368862 View attachment 368863
Nice wallet... Delicious looking food!

I prefer making my own wallets 👍
View attachment 368861 View attachment 368862 View attachment 368863
That's beautiful!

I used to do leather crafting when I was a kid. I made a bicentennial belt and wallet and used them for my art project in 7th grade. I used both for about 20 years. But the wallet was just too thick.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So, is this something that fits in your back pocket, or something you carry over your shoulder? 🤔

eta, that food looks really good; and I just had dinner a little while ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts