Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
141 - 149 of 149 Posts
2,328 Posts
I can't remember if I replied to this thread or not... but here it is again so..
S&W 640. I have not carried it in a long time. Its heavy and its capacity is 5 rounds of .357 (or .38)
My reason for picking this is that I can pocket carry it in a holster. I did for years. It fires an effective round and I'm confident that being all steel it will last a lifetime of .38 practice.
I for sure like my fantastic plastic guns but I'm sure one of them would last me a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am sort of boring. I would just continue to carry my 442 in a front pocket. I just bought a Bulldog brand belt slide holster that works really well for carrying a J-Frame 38/357. I like it a lot. Slide it around on my right hip and a Tee-Shirt conceals it well. I can also carrey my 3" 36-6 in the same holster and it covers just a well. That gun is a little heavier but on a belt you don't notice it. I can shoot my hot loaded SWC loads better with gun too.

If I ever get the chance to shoot my EC9s I may change my mind. I sure like the trigger on that gun and I have 3 mags for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For about 50 years the 1911 has done the job for me, the last 15 a Combat Commander in a Galaco Fletch has been my EDC almost exclusively.

Reactions: Johniv

·
Shill for the Federal Gov
638 Posts
442 in right side cargo pocket. If not, I have G22's and a model 19, but I'd probably go get a single stack glock or sig.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
My 1911 on my hip, my Jericho in 45 ACP in my army shoulder holster. Nothing says scram like two 45's. Out of ammo? Take either one and commence beating, both are solid iron.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don’t recall if I’ve commented... if I have, meh.

My choice for one concealed carry firearm to last me forever would be either a S&W 640 in .357 Magnum, or a SAA “shopkeeper” in .45 Colt, with birdshead grip and custom 1911-type rowel hammer

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Don’t recall if I’ve commented... if I have, meh.

My choice for one concealed carry firearm to last me forever would be either a S&W 640 in .357 Magnum, or a SAA “shopkeeper” in .45 Colt, with birdshead grip and custom 1911-type rowel hammer
Who makes the rowel hammer for a Uberti or Pietta? My Cimarron New Sheriff 3-inch has an extra .45 ACP cylinder. I would like that.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts