Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Something bad happens, be it South African style law, NY type permit standards, who knows.

But pick a single concealed carry pistol to last you the rest of your life.
You don't have to own it now, or carry it now. But what gun would you choose to fit that bill?

FYI, my choice would be a Smith 3913 tweaked, chopped and channeled ala the Devel and ASP guns. The 3913 is close but not quite ready for me without a little work.
Ya its a 9mm, which is not something that I really like, single stack, etc, etc.
A 469/669 comes close but is too thick for certain summer carry styles.

But the 3913 fits the bill being able to go everywhere and be there.

·
What hell, pay attention
8,461 Posts
Glock 26. Ive carried one daily for quite a few years in NPE's and it works great.

The biggest advantage to the 26 is, its so much more than just a "smaller" gun. It has realistic sights and shoots very much like its full size siblings, and at the same distances. With a simple mag change, it can have the same capacity too. 10 to whatever fits in the magwell.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
For now I like my Rodney Dangerfield I don't get no respect Diamondback DB9. It is the lightest, smallest 6 + 1 9mm and also the cheapest. Fully loaded 16 ozs. Rides OWB under a tee with zero printing. I have had some FTE but I attribute that more to break in, ammo, and especially me than to anything inherently bad about the pistol. Even the vaunted Sig P365 isn't flawless. Little autos are finicky creatures.

That said I have been hankering for a more powerful compact carry. My kid just got a Kimber Ultra, more or less commander size, and think it conceals reasonably well. Looking at like sized pistols. I have a Taurus PT145 10 +1 that fits the bill but supposedly it is not safe to carry chambered. The new M&P 2.0 Compact looks real nice and reasonably priced. Plus S&W is respectable.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
I have a Taurus PT145 10 +1 that fits the bill but supposedly it is not safe to carry chambered.
It's safe to carry. Just don't throw it at the ground.:ROFLMAO:
I like my PT140. Don't like the Heinie sights though.

That said..the P365 might be my choice. I'd have to buy one first. I could also be talked into a CZ P01 or a CZ 75 PCR Compact.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Something bad happens, be it South African style law, NY type permit standards, who knows.

But pick a single concealed carry pistol to last you the rest of your life.
You don't have to own it now, or carry it now. But what gun would you choose to fit that bill?

FYI, my choice would be a Smith 3913 tweaked, chopped and channeled ala the Devel and ASP guns. The 3913 is close but not quite ready for me without a little work.
Ya its a 9mm, which is not something that I really like, single stack, etc, etc.
A 469/669 comes close but is too thick for certain summer carry styles.

But the 3913 fits the bill being able to go everywhere and be there.
" be it South African style law, NY type permit standards, who knows."

Since I live in NYS = I call this a " the sky is falling " post.

And until I get hit on the head by a piece of it,I cannot play !!.

I own many,MANY more than one pistol !!.

Enjoy the play on here boys & girls.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
It's safe to carry. Just don't throw it at the ground.:ROFLMAO:
I like my PT140. Don't like the Heinie sights though.

That said..the P365 might be my choice. I'd have to buy one first. I could also be talked into a CZ P01 or a CZ 75 PCR Compact.
I replaced the sights with tru glo fiber sights. Mucho better. I looked into the claims. You can hold the trigger back before it breaks and set the safety. If you pull the trigger it goes off. I confirmed that happened but for the life of me can't figure out which idjit discovered it by doing that the first time. All my reading and all my testing couldn't come up with a legit claim it would go off if dropped. I would **** it and bang it around with or without safety set and could not get it to click. I mean I put it through American Express gorilla level torture. Still when I carry it nothing is in the chamber. Old school folks say every pistol should be carried that way any how.

Otherwise we agree on what would be optimal firearms. I have noticed aluminum frame pistols can be as light as polymer frames and seem to be lot slimmer. I like my S&W 5906 and keep an eye out on some 3rd gen double stack compacts but they are old now and kind of pricey.

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
" be it South African style law, NY type permit standards, who knows."

Since I live in NYS = I call this a " the sky is falling " post.

And until I get hit on the head by a piece of it,I cannot play !!.

I own many,MANY more than one pistol !!.

Enjoy the play on here boys & girls.
And I live in a constitutional carry state.
From where I'm at, the view is...different.
We went 2A sanctuary state back in 2008, several more states are currently making the same legislative moves.
Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities, Counties, & STATES (theorganicprepper.com)

Reactions: scaatylobo
1 - 20 of 153 Posts