Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Never compromise.
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a riot situation, at what point in time do you say enough is enough and start shooting the bastards?

Lets say this happened here in the US. It kept growing and getting bigger and bigger. Forget "police state" and "jackboot thugs" for a minute. At what time do you feel its OK for the cops and/or citizens to start sending rounds downrange to end the madness?

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
this isnt a point of discussion where i live...as soon as property or life is at stake theyve signed their death warrants

i guarantee if the little bastards knew they were under open-season with live ammo they would be a whole helluva lot better behaved.

·
Sad But True
93 Posts
if you mean lethally,almost never unless you get exactly who did the act
if this includes gas or rubber bullets,id say knock yourself out or err them
update:eek:oops didnt see the Uk riots in the post,I say light the thugs on fire

·
Get off my lawn!
4,549 Posts
In SC we have both "stand your ground" and "castle doctrine" laws in effect. If the life of me or my family is at stake, I would not hesitate to shoot back.

I would not go "vigilante" and hunt them down or otherwise get involved outside my immediate neighborhood - that's the police's job.

·
Careful of the quiet ones
277 Posts
The question made me wonder.

If there were riots here like in England, roaming bands of thugs. And if you were in your home with family, eldery and the young. If you had your car parked in your driveway. And you saw one man walk up and attempt to light it on fire. Legally what are you allowed to do? Considering you have various other buildings/homes/businesses burning not really close, but close enough for you to see in the distance; and this guy is burning your own means of safe transportation out of the area if need be.

I mean do the authorities look at it as just property crime, so you can't do anything to him of face your own prosection...or what? And do they look at it differently if your car were parked on the city street? Sure....I guess if the situation arises and I were to see someone do that - I would take care of what I need to do so that my family/myself could still have a vehicle to get away in. But I wonder what the law allows.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
At the point I feel my life or that of my family is in danger: IE: I see your sorry arse coming toward my house with a fire bomb in your hand, the cross hairs will jump some.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
For all citizens, whenever rioters threaten their property, at any time.

For the police, whenever rioters are currently shoot at them.

Personally, I don't have a problem with lethal force for a crime in progress, either.
An officer sees a crowd busting a window and running off with t.v. sets, if they're loudly announced to freeze and they don't comply, shoot them.

Far as dispersing crowds with gunfire, no.
If you don't have the numbers to disperse the crowd, then you get the numbers to disperse the crowd. Address the areas where you currently do.

·
Registered
550 Posts
When do you start killing thugs? Immediately. They are a drain on society. They only live to destroy. The only thing they create is more useless thugs from generational welfare queens. Destroy them all. Destroy their mentality. Destroy their govt handouts. No rehabilitation programs. No 3 strikes your out. One bullet to the head and two center mass. Bullets are alot cheaper than three hots and a cot.

I am in a foul mood today, so please forgive my less than diplomatic response :-/

·
Independent Thinker
2,244 Posts
I don't know. I know legally you cant shoot someone for walking on you property,damaging your property or stealing your property(if they are running away). Starting a fire is different. The fire could very well spread to your house and then endanger you life. If you feel your life is threatened go for it. I just pray I'm never in that position.

·
Zombie Hunter
748 Posts
The question made me wonder.

If there were riots here like in England, roaming bands of thugs. And if you were in your home with family, eldery and the young. If you had your car parked in your driveway. And you saw one man walk up and attempt to light it on fire. Legally what are you allowed to do? Considering you have various other buildings/homes/businesses burning not really close, but close enough for you to see in the distance; and this guy is burning your own means of safe transportation out of the area if need be.

I mean do the authorities look at it as just property crime, so you can't do anything to him of face your own prosection...or what? And do they look at it differently if your car were parked on the city street? Sure....I guess if the situation arises and I were to see someone do that - I would take care of what I need to do so that my family/myself could still have a vehicle to get away in. But I wonder what the law allows.
In Texas, you shoot the bastard.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
If you're the cops, don't do it, your actions when sick, tired, injured and frightened during the heat of the moment will be judged years later by folks with agendas, sitting in the comfort of air conditioned jury rooms while munching on catered food. Happened to five cops in New Orleans for a Katrina incident.

If you're a private person, same as always, when you or yours are threatened and that true by extension, if they're starting fires, you can shoot them. They didn't charge the guy talking to a radio station standing on his roof with an AR shooting street thugs after the riots there or the Korean 'store owners' who were actually former ROK military providing protection. Their problem was they didn't bring enough ammo and fired too many warning shots.

If you gotta shot, maybe it's safer to shoot only the white or cold water* Asian raiders because that's the only races that seems to hold people accountable for their actions.

*Japanese, some Korean and some Chinese Americans.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts