Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm curious what motivated this mob. Is it political, financial? If it is just a random act of violence for violence sake, then it is something I never considered to be factored into any prepping on my part.

I am proceeding on the possibility of social chaos based on a real threat (financial collapse). But this phenomena seems to be something else - I think it needs to be determined what is behind this mob. It seems very suspicious - like a false flag maybe.

·
Tales of a Scorched Earth
557 Posts
Philadelphia has had a rash of violent flash mob incidents. Nobody is sure if they are being organized on social networking site or word of mouth. Groups of 40 to 50 people erupt on city streets fighting and looting. Children as young as 11 have been arrested. Is this a sign of things to come?

Sounds very interesting, do you have any news links? I've seen flash mobs before with 'fighting' etc, but they were not real.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
News story...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7345048

It says the last one was 'thousands' of young people.

" He was promising action to curtail flash mobs like the one on South Street Saturday night. Thousands of young people flooded the streets, lured there by messages on social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook.

The mob rampaged down South Street until nearly midnight, running on top of cars, fighting and knocking pedestrians to the ground.

Ramsey said this behavior by young people, some as young as 11 years old, has to stop."

·
Watch it buster!
290 Posts
Did you notice that the guy said that MOST Of these kids are from fatherless homes. I sure did.
I strongly believe that lack of an intact family unit is a huge part of why are kids are running around like fools.

This is a subgroup of the sort of folks I'm most afraid of. All those sociopaths. We're breeding a fine crop of them. Have no doubt, if things go to hell, there will be groups of these people, many but children who have been restrained slightly up till then. Following a total collapse there will be gangs of vicious killers running loose and God help us, cuz they are gonna be free of restraint and will blossom into true, maniac sociopaths.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Did you notice that the guy said that MOST Of these kids are from fatherless homes. I sure did.
I strongly believe that lack of an intact family unit is a huge part of why are kids are running around like fools.

This is a subgroup of the sort of folks I'm most afraid of. All those sociopaths. We're breeding a fine crop of them. Have no doubt, if things go to hell, there will be groups of these people, many but children who have been restrained slightly up till then. Following a total collapse there will be gangs of vicious killers running loose and God help us, cuz they are gonna be free of restraint and will blossom into true, maniac sociopaths.
Until they get to my town. Then the blossom will wither and die and become food for other beings.

Cycle of Life. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts

Sociopathic disorders know no age...

Children are often easier to recruit and train for a cause, especially those without a strong family background...

Marching children death squads won't be confined to rwanda in the future...

The sad truth is that there are far to many children that are basically fending for themselves right now, and if the thin social fiber that keeps some of them from resorting to extreme actions is suddenly gone, they do not have the social programming to rise above the fray in a positive way...

If the SHTF in a truly devastating fashion, 12-20 year olds scare me more than anyone...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Notice how quickly one instigator can cause people to commit crime when the mob mentality kicks in. With a false sense of safety an anonymity in their numbers, the rioters instantly escalate their actions as a unit.

·
Registered
522 Posts
with all those F.E.M.A. camps settin there empty, disturbances like these may fill them up with out a whole lot of doin.The REAL street thug terrorists which are Gangs....cryps,bloods,MS13,latin kings,etc.,etc. oughta be rounded up and thrown in the camps!!
All that aside....it's sad to see how many misguided youth there are in citys all over the country....and I'm not talking Large Citys like Philly....it will get MUCH worse before it gets better.
In the small city I live on the outskirts of,we have Latin Kings,cryps and bloods
Not too much in the way of Young punks asociated with Gangs.....at least not yet.:xeye:

·
Registered
419 Posts
There's a whole generation of children who have been raised on television and video games. They are so disconnected from reality that they do not know that the violence depicted in Grand Theft Auto is wrong. There was a story in the news this morning about a 15 year old boy in Florida who beat a girl almost to death over a text message she had sent. He did not know this girl; had never met her yet felt compelled to kill her. These are the children who will be running the country when we are old and grey.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
This is a problem. But of course worse has been going on along our border for some time now. It is the antithesis to the other side of things, the more right wing side of things desiring all out civil war at the moment ... but it is only the right wing perspective that is being portrayed as violent in nature by the media.

There will be a correction. If not, things will eventually become messy all around.

Reactions: Savage1
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.