Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 525 Posts

·
minimalist
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were assembling a "survival team" to build a BOL, what personality traits would you exclude from the group....

are there any irritating habits that you could just not tolerate for the long haul in a post grid collapse scenario?

are there skills that a person could posess that would override any personality flaws?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
WELL for me its just me and my critters i have lived in my home 33 yrs To old to bug out and have allways planned for just me and my critters. I live 5 miles from the entrance to mt rainier nat park. As far as being in a group There will allways be diagreements even under the best of times WTSHTF thats when you will really know who is who. Hard to tell when times are good, Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
1. Sociopaths / Psychopaths
2. Sexual Predators
3. Thieves, Liars, Scam Artists
4. Professional Politicians (See #s 1-3 above)
5. Lazy (but not bright)
6. Unhinged Egos (Busybodies, Dividers, Plotters, & Malicious Gossips)
7. Anyone whom my dogs dislike or my cats won't hang around
8. Anyone who won't put in a hard day's work or fight at the drop of a hat
9. Overt and Unconstrained Racists, Cultists, or Religious Fanatics
10. Crazy Women (more than average)

My group will be small. I may not even be allowed to remain in it. ;)

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
My group currently excludes;

Those with an active sexually immoral lifestyle.

Those with radical religious or political beliefs.

Those who are mentally deviant.

Those who have certain criminal backgrounds.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,746 Posts
If you were assembling a "survival team" to build a BOL, what personality traits would you exclude from the group....

are there any irritating habits that you could just not tolerate for the long haul in a post grid collapse scenario?

are there skills that a person could posess that would override any personality flaws?
Alpha male types. Out, period, no discussion.

There are plenty of other types I want nothing to do with either. But that one jumped into my mind straight away.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Alpha male types. Out, period, no discussion.

There are plenty of other types I want nothing to do with either. But that one jumped into my mind straight away.
that kind of excludes most of the guys posting in the boards doesn't it?? :D:

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,455 Posts

I would exclude all non-family members. I would include all family member including those by marriage. I know of none of these that would cause mr to exclude them except my only sister. I would include her son and family.

·
1000 inch stare...
364 Posts
1. People that rattle off alphabet acronyms
2. Gramma Nazi's
3. People that want to know if a .22 will a deer
4. People that don't understand any law no matter how small, is an infringement.
5. Lazy people
6. People that say "I think" without ever having real expirience to back it up
7. People that like to hear themselves talk
8. A dog that can't keep his nose out of your crotch
9. Parents that refuse to keep control of their kids
10. Self appointed leaders

I reckon that's why I live in the unpopulated high desert, ALONE!

·
Banned
110 Posts
I second Alpha males, and also prissy people. Can't stand people who think too highly of themselves to do honest work. Dad had a girl like that one time, which is what turned me against them I heard her say " I'm too pretty to work" followed immediately by " well then I guess your too pretty to eat then aren't you?"

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would not wish to BO with a hyperactive person. They tend to show anger and hostility and a level head is needed not anger and frustration. I like a good leader but one who is willing to listen to others ideas and live with majority vote. As for skills...no matter how good their skill level is, if they loose their head in emergency situations, it could be very costly! I'll take a cool, calm lazy bum over a hard-working hothead!

·
Any Time, Any Place
1,973 Posts
Geez, thats a tough one. 1st off its not a personality trait that would disqualify someone from a Hypothetical Group I would form. I know the Submarine Service chooses certain personality types and discards others. I would think the BOL environment is similar to a Sub. It would be character traits that I would use to make the cut. Personally....I would have to know someone a Long Long time before they make it in my group. I raised my God Sons and theyre in. Id say a person must be of "Like" Faith 1st off. A person MUST understand the Value of "The Constitution". No Liars(Habitual) Drunks(Addicts) Loud mouths(Bragards) those without personal dicipline demonstrated in thier daily life(Late for work,oversleepers,slackers). Arguementative people are out. Whinners, are out. Smartmouths are out(Those without a filter).Those who are Selfish need not apply. People who are not reasonably self aware are out, as there are always 3 things "Going On". Theres what I think is "Going On", theres what everybody else thinks is "Going On" and then, theres whats REALLY "Going On". I would choose people who can look past themselves and others to recognize whats really "Going On". JMO

·
Tilt. Cock. Lock. Look.
1,370 Posts
A real alpha personality will trick you into believing they're a omega personality....

An alpha personality is not someone that wants to boss people around; they are beta personalities. An alpha will observe, keep their mouth shut and act decisively when needed. Otherwise they will remain low key. They wont tell people what to do. People will be driven by their mere presence to jump into action.

I want nothing to do with Beta personalities. Omega is okay. Any one that collects bums to bug out with is probably a beta personality with narcissism issues.... And is going to die..

Infantry Corps - Maintaining peace through superior firepower since the dark ages..

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,901 Posts
1. People that rattle off alphabet acronyms
2. Gramma Nazi's
3. People that want to know if a .22 will a deer
4. People that don't understand any law no matter how small, is an infringement.
5. Lazy people
6. People that say "I think" without ever having real expirience to back it up
7. People that like to hear themselves talk
8. A dog that can't keep his nose out of your crotch
9. Parents that refuse to keep control of their kids
10. Self appointed leaders

I reckon that's why I live in the unpopulated high desert, ALONE!
Grammar "Nazis" is not possessive.

And "Experience" is spelled with only one "i".

:)

1 - 20 of 525 Posts